Shoe shopping

sanantoniorose1960
on 7/21/11 8:43 am - Austin, TX
I was looking at the Zappos website, looking for some high heel shoes. As I want to reward myself with a nice pair for heels, but am wondering if the weight loss will affect my current shoe size.
Has anyone's shoes size gotten smaller or no change since their weight loss surgery? the clothes shopping can wait, but I love shoes.
lynnc99
on 7/21/11 8:59 am
It certainly did change, and more than I expected!

I was an  8 1/2 or 9 pre op.

Now I am a 7 or 7 1/2!
Laureen S.
on 7/21/11 9:59 am - Maple Shade, NJ
I lost a shoe size as well, you might want to hold off, some do, some don't

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 7/21/11 10:27 am - Green Valley, AZ
Hi

I am actually swimming in my shoes even the ones I purchased at 6 weeks out.  I'm going to wait for a while before I buy any more. One pair I wear socks to help fit better, but it's awful hot to being wearing them.    Mag   

Connie D.
on 7/21/11 10:33 am
Hi.....the width of my shoes changed a little but not the size...I still wear 7 and sometimes 7 1/2 depending on the style.  I have worn very high heels....most all my life.
I have always had thin legs and narrow feet.....even at my highest weight.

I would wait a bit if you aren't sure.

Hugs....connie d
DianaRR
on 7/21/11 10:45 am - CA
Don't wait to buy shoes, but do it in a store where they can measure your size now.

Diana
Jo W.
on 7/21/11 11:31 am - Owosso, MI
its summer time!  Why would anyone want to buy or wear shoes???    Its bad enough to have to wear them with snow on the ground!!!!  
Debbiejean
on 7/21/11 10:07 pm - Shelbyville, MI
My foot size changed from 9 to 9 1/2 to size 8 and 7 1/2 depending on the style.
Your width might change too. Buy shoes if that's what you want to reward yourself, but I'd go on the cheap side for shoes, like PayLess. Shoes can make ya feel sexy so go for it!!
Later on you can stuff toilet paper in the toes but I betcha your feet will change.
Happy Shoe shopping.
MLONG
on 7/22/11 12:19 am, edited 7/22/11 12:19 am - Wales , MA
I have 102 pairs of shoes

I went from a size 6 to a size 4.5 so I had to buy all new shoes ( what fun)

Boo
Life is Delicious

Boo
Eileen Briesch
on 7/22/11 2:16 am - Evansville, IN
I am the exception ... my feet got bigger! I went from a 10 to an 11 wide. Oh well. I always had big feet.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 389 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1190 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1198 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!