HAPPY WED

ShirleyG
on 8/23/11 7:36 pm - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
Good am to you...TOP OF THE MORNING TO YA as the Irish say and i am part Irish :)

PRAYERS for KAREN C this am and hoping your doing great .  BEEN THERE , done that and although no fun right now, you will be happy later.
Still cooking our pavement here in ALa , so so shot still.  My poor grass sure isn't greener on the other side,  Actually is it turning brown .   I hate that as I love fresh green lush grass in the summer ...LOVE the smell of fresh cut grass and the sound of lawnmowers ,,,something about summer sounds and smells that makes me feel ever more so grateful to be alive.
Love flowers in the summer blooming too as I have many that I baby and take care of each summer .
Summer is almost gone and about 4 weeks to fall .. THe older I get the more I see time flying by . MY youth slipping away day by day it feels like some days although I am far from youth in numbers ..
I am guessing we all think and feel this dadgummit as my grandma used to say ...She was spry well into her 90's and still working in her flowers ,,, I pray I will be too .
BLESSINGS TODAY.....just happy to be alive and healthy as far as I know and working and feel love in my life ...There is so much to be said for that .
The human touch is a wonderful thing and a smile at someone , anyone , even a stranger brings forth many emotions and a feeling of well being .
CITRACAL  now has a time released one that you take one a day and it slowly releases all day so you don't have to stagger the calcium since we can only absorb so much at one time .
I plan on getting it today and starting my one a day ...WHAT A BLESSING THAT ALONE IS ..and about time too.
I hope all of you wake this am to a happy feeling and a heart of joy ..  Prayers going up for all that need and want them.  I DO as always as I can do NOTHING with GOD in my life ..
SMILE at someone today and do a nice deed no matter how small /
EAT YOUR RAINBOWS COLORS TOO and get that exercise in ladies if only in small 10 min spurts ...Make 3 10 min walks and your good to go ..
Hugs and blessing
Shirley
Patricia R.
on 8/23/11 8:52 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning OFF Family,
Thoughts are with Karen C, as she recuperates from surgery, and anyone else going through physical or emotional trials at this time. 

I found out why I have been so tired.  My iron level is way too low, and I have to have iron infusions, beginning on Friday.  I was going to bed extremely earlier than usual. 

Today has me heading to my AA meeting.  I did not make it to the gym yesterday.  I will try to get there today.  We shall see. 

Packing is going slow, but steady.  At least I know why I am always feeling like lazy.

Have a great day.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Eileen Briesch
on 8/24/11 4:16 am - Evansville, IN
Trish, glad you found out about your iron levels. I too had low iron levels and iron store levels. I found out about that in my second year after WLS and have been on iron and Vitamin C since (Vit C helps absorption of iron). Haven't had a bad reading since. Did you know that low iron causes headaches? I had my worse headaches when my iron was low.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Patricia R.
on 8/24/11 5:16 am - Perry, MI

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

grammylew
on 8/23/11 9:10 pm - Jacksonville, NC
Good mornin' ya'll.
Just a quick fly by. My DH and I went to the Commissary yesterday for a few things and also picked up RX refills on the base. We are soooooo fortunate to not have to pay for our prescriptions!
More sewing on today's to do list. We still have the grandson's school project spread over my dining room table and my desk. Now I know why they come here to do their projects. I don't care if they leave the stuff spread all over.
Hoping Irene decides to head out to sea and leave all of us alone!
Everyone have a fantabulous day!

Grammylew in Jax

Monica B.
on 8/23/11 9:50 pm - Emery, SD
Morning all, sober 296 days and so proud of me.
Not much going on here. Prayers for Karen C, press that pain pump.
Glad no one seems to have been hurt in earthquake. Watching progress on Irene.
Everything is so lush here, rainy season is delightful really, rain and strong Tstorms each day.
Enjoy humpday...Monica

mystic
on 8/23/11 9:50 pm - manchester, NJ
good morning everyone

best wishes for karen, hope you recover well

survivied the earthquake yesterday, LOL, and here i just thought i was being
a dizzy ditz again.  when i saw my cat sit up straight from a dead sleep, i
knew something was going on.

hugs to everyone.

Jacki

Jo W.
on 8/23/11 10:00 pm, edited 8/23/11 11:20 pm - Owosso, MI
Good Morning Off friends
Been a long time again since I have posted,  but I do read most days and remember all in prayers.  Its  funny.  Even though  I have never met you ladies, I think of you often during my day and look forward to reading posts here.  I am not one of the most prolific posters here but I always feel welcome and enjoy the friendship I feel when here.
Still kidless here.  I am enjoying my summer off from troubled babies  but I am getting calls weekly so It wont belong before I have little '  ones underfoot again.  
I might finally have a chance at a job, not my first choice, but its ok  It is a factory job I can do  at a decent pay rate and probably be third shift which works with my schedule with  hubby working 3rd also and my having a babysitter  angel who  will work with my schedule.  I am lucky to only need 4 hrs of sleep daily so I can still work with my special little ones.  Job won't start for a while so we still have time to get in our fall camping trips that we haven't had the money to do this summer.  We do love autumn camping!
Have prayers going up from our house to all of yours>  Those who might not believe in prayer.  Just consider them good thoughts coming your way>
have a great day everyone.

Patricia R.
on 8/24/11 2:28 am - Perry, MI
Hi Jo,
I just noticed that you live right near my daughter.  She lives in Perry, MI, almost directly behind the McDonalds.  Next time I am in Michigan, we have to get together. 

Hugs,
Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Jo W.
on 8/24/11 5:18 am - Owosso, MI
I would enjoy that!   I mention that when you were in Michigan I think at  Easter time  but I was busy then  so didn't mention a get together  but I would enjoy it!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1116 views