TGIF Friday!

Karen S.
on 8/26/11 1:12 am - Wailuku, HI
Aloha Laureen....Oh, my, I know exactly what you are going through with the approach of Irene. We in Hawaii find ourselves waiting and wondering now and then too. I can be scary and unnerving.

I am hoping that your effects will be small and that you, and your family/friends are safe and protected.

Saying a few words to the Big Guy for you and all the other OFF friends who are in the path of this Big Mama.

With so much aloha,

Karen

Laureen S.
on 8/26/11 1:16 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Thanks dear Maui Sistah. . .

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

VNARN
on 8/26/11 1:39 am - Desert Hot Springs, CA
Blessings to all in Irene's path.  May she head out to sea and stay there!   Today is my last day at work and I am tying up loose ends and deciding what to take home to work on in my convalescence.  I have received so much support from all of you and other family and friends that I feel ready and at peace.

I got permission from my surgeon to take an anxiety med early on the day of surgery so I don't stress out waiting until 3:30 PM.

Otherwise, just same old, same old.  It is very hot here, about 110 and the humidity is supposed to rise today, so I am thanking God that there is air conditioning.  Family is doing well.  I have a pretty busy weekend.  I work out with my trainer tomorrow morning, then go to a rubber stamping workshop, then to the movies with a girlfriend.  Then, Sunday, laundry, packing, and getting my nails done.  I have to have pretty nails for surgery, doncha know.

Have a great day everyone.

Sharon
karen C.
on 8/26/11 3:19 pm - Kennewick, WA
Sharon, I am so excited for you!!!!!

Karen C

Connie D.
on 8/26/11 1:59 am
Good morning Cindi and everyone..... 

Cindi....sorry you are having pain...hope you get some relief soon.

Pat.... I too love peach and blueberry crisp...what a great combination!!
Peach is great too just the way it is...YUMMO!!

Karen C......have a safe trip home.....I know you will be glad to be there and settled in your own bed. Still praying for your recovery and safe trip.

Monica....so glad you got that new doctor and have your meds all straightened out now. Sounds like you are feeling so much better.

As for me.....I am doing okay....nothing much happening here. Laundry day but only three loads so that isn't bad.

Wishing you all a great day!!

Prayers for so many in need......special prayers for those in the storm areas.

Love and hugs to all......connie d
Patricia R.
on 8/26/11 3:11 am - Perry, MI
Greetings Cindi and OFF Family,
I am late again.  I got up early, and fell asleep in my rocking chair, waking up just in time to get to my IV iron infusion appointment.  It took longer than usual, because of a new protocol.  I have asthma, and now they have to inject a steroid and do a drip with benadryl prior to the iron, to prevent an allergic reaction.  On the way home, I stopped at Rite Aid to get some Vitamin D, which the doc wants me to take daily, and a new flashlight, because I can't find mine.  I want to be prepared in case of a power outage. 

This afternoon, I am going to try to get my desk organized and packed, for the most part.  Tonight, I am heading to my sis-in-law's for some knitting.

Everyone stay safe with Irene.  We are supposed to get slammed with rain big time.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Eileen Briesch
on 8/26/11 4:06 am - Evansville, IN
Hi Cindi and my OFF family:

Not much going on here. I'm off today, my only day off this week. I wound up going home early last night. I felt queasy. Don't know what happened, but I felt like I was going to barf. Never did ... had some peppermint tea and wheat thins, and finally went to bed ... lying down helped more than anything. I guess I was just overtired.

I started reading a new book yesterday: "The Jamestown Experiment" ... nonfiction, about starting the Jamestown colony. Very interesting. Lots of stuff I didn't know about John Smith ... he was a real rogue ... a pull himself up from his bootstraps kind of guy.

Anyway, hope those who live in the path of Irene are OK. I have no plans for today ... just laundry and baseball and hanging around the apartment. Have a good day.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

grammylew
on 8/26/11 4:07 am - Jacksonville, NC
Good mornin' ya'll.
It looks like Irene is not gonna take a hard right and head out to sea! Kristi is more likely to get a heavier hit than us.
My DH is concerned his CB antenna may come down. Our son said HE put that antenna up, no way is it coming down. Sooooo, if it gets too bad, we will go tie ourselves to the antenna! Seriously, I have a small bag packed and in the trunk,and if we have to go, I'll grab my external hard drive and be gone! All important papers are in our giant safe that is highly rated for water and fire damage.
Please, everyone take precautions to stay safe! It looks like Irene might plow on up the coast and even visit my Sis in Albany, NY. My cousin in FL said they barely felt a thing. I pray that is the case for everyone!
Have a fantabulous day!

Grammylew in Jax

poegirl100
on 8/26/11 4:12 am - Cibolo, TX
Hey sweet Sistas!

Packing up to head down to our "other" lakehouse this afternoon.  This is the one that's only an hour away, so it's not much of a trip.  We haven't been there all summer.  We really need to go check on things, so we'll spend tonight and maybe tomorrow night.  Depends on how hot it is and what we can stand.  Can't put the boat in the water because the lake is so low (from the drought) that they closed the boat ramp! 

Karen, prayers and hugs coming your way.  Cindi, you, too!  Monica, good for you!  Connie, hoping that your trip to MN goes as planned this time!  Sharon, you can do it!  Pretty nails sound wonderful for surgery!  LOL!  If I can't remember everyone else, I'm sorry.  Got that CRS today.

Talk later!  Hubby is hurrying me along today! 

Vickie 

Pat R.
on 8/26/11 5:47 am - Sturgis, MI
Vickie -- I meant to post this yesterday......I love your new Avatar --- you are one smokin' hot mama -- so beautiful!!!

And I'm gonna start in on planning a trip to the Canadian Rockies -- your pictures were truly awesome.

Luv ya,
Pat r.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 394 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1197 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1207 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1141 views