TGIF Friday!

cindibarre
on 8/25/11 10:37 pm - Danforth, ME
Good Morning OFF-

Watching the news this morning and thinking about GrammyLew and Kristi down in NC.  Looks like you're going to have an interesting weekend.  Irene is supposed to be here by Monday morning.  They're predicting rain and heavy winds.

Not much new from Maine.  I am officially in a stall.  Not worrying because I know that it will pass.  Have been walking everyday and increasing distance each day.  Lifting weight to counteract the bat wings.

My sciatica flared last weekend.  Makes walking interesting but I'm trying to keep up with the walking.  I'm going to the chiropracter today to see what he can do.  He really doesn't want to do much until I'm 6 weeks out from surgery.

Post away ladies and have a great day!

Cindi

HW - 351 SW 0 342  SurgW - 298!  1st. Seminar July 2010 Surgery  August 1, 2011  
Pat R.
on 8/25/11 11:00 pm - Sturgis, MI
Morning Cindi and all to follow:
I'm at work and just checking e-mail, etc.

Had a nice dinner with my kids last evening -- made taco salad and fresh peach crisp.....they seemed to enjoy it.

Not much happening here -- no plans for the weekend other than to clean my house tomorrow and church on Sunday.

Glad to hear Karen is doing well -- one day at a time, girl!

Best wishes to all for a lovely weekend.   Those in the path of Irene -- my thoughts and prayers for safety are with you.

Pat R.
karen C.
on 8/25/11 11:14 pm - Kennewick, WA
Pat, I love crisps also. Here in the northwest we have berries in abundance right now. I mix all kinds. One of my favorites is peach/blueberry. Also love apricot and peach.

Karen C

karen C.
on 8/25/11 11:09 pm, edited 8/25/11 11:29 pm - Kennewick, WA

Cindi,

Isn't it joyous to see a "2" at the beginning of your weight? From one who has been there also, congratulations on this "wow" moment! I love getting to know each and every woman who hangs around OFF long enough for me to get to know them.

That being said, there is a special place close to my heart for those who have a "3" at the beginning when they start this journey. I had given up on losing weight and figured I was on my way to the grave. WLS was a last ditch effort that I went into figuring it wouldn't work either but I would have tried. How wrong I was. It works as long as I do my part. Never forget that. My first 2 years the weight fell off. .  now it's a bit harder and if rigorous exercise is not included in the mix several times a week it is that much harder.

Hope Irene, the sea creature, decides she likes it better in the wide open sea!

con

Karen C

karen C.
on 8/25/11 11:23 pm, edited 8/25/11 11:32 pm - Kennewick, WA

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. I'm feeling better each day. Today we head home (220 miles) which won't be fun but getting home will be.

I was nauseated last night after taking my pain and antibiotic pills. I think I'll take my pain pills in smaller doses more often and see if that helps.

Pain pills are kicking in so typing time is limited. Don't feel much like posting before taking them and CTWS afterwards. First two words  are "can't type. . . ." You're smart; I'll let you figure the rest out.

If you're in the storm's way try to find a safe spot and don't venture out unless you absolutely have to.

Apologizing  for these posts. I am going back and rereading and correcting but often in doing so my pain pills have kicked in and I either delete them or make them worse if that's possible! Let me know if you can't figure out what the heck I am talking about and I'll try to figure it out!

Karen C

Pat R.
on 8/26/11 12:43 am - Sturgis, MI
Karen - unless your medications specifically said not too, eat some yogurt before or with the meds -- it will help lessen the stress on your pouch.   I cannot take antiobiotics with/out eating yogurt -- they come back up and taste awful.

Judy -- you might also try adding some yogurt when you take your cymbalta.

Just a hint that works for me -- and reminder -- make sure the instructions don't say "take on an empty stomach".....most say ok to take with food.

Pat R.
Judy G.
on 8/27/11 8:27 am - Galion, OH

Thanks Pat...haven't thought of trying it with yogurt...but it says I can take it with or with out food...not giving up on it just yet.... :-)

HUGS

weightlossdreamer
on 8/26/11 2:02 am - Canada
Karen - your posts are fine.  Don't worry about fixing them  -  I didn't see any problems.
Glad that you are going home to your own bed and feeling better.
Margaret
Monica B.
on 8/25/11 11:27 pm - Emery, SD
Hi, sober 298 days and so proud of me.
Watching the news and tracking the Irene as she travels up the Atlantic. Hoping she decides to go EAST. Prayers for our American citizens in her path.
Had a wonderful doctor visit yesterday. I had been OUT of thyroid and BP meds for a while. Went to new doctor end of June and my labs were horrific. Started on meds again and 7 weeks later, I have dropped 12 lbs, speech has cleared up, mind working better, eyelids back to non swollen normal, labs are within normal range, and I am feeling so much better. Going for PT next week because of the dizzy spells, doctor feels I have that inner ear thing. He says the therapist can "adjust" some bone in the ear and make the spinning go away.
Going to visit BIL in Bonita Springs today. Working hard not to OCD about road trip. Yoda can come along, first big trip for him with us.
Remembering when I weighed 330 lbs. Grateful I now weigh 160. Even after almost 7 years post op I know how I felt at 330 lbs, being the prisoner inside of me. This journey is for life,
Please take care all, glad Karen is recovering and being good to herself.....
Hugs, Monica

Laureen S.
on 8/26/11 12:01 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Cindi, Pat, Karen and those yet to arrive. . .

Cindi, sounds like you are doing all that you need to kick the stall process back into the losing process, but stalls are just a part of this journey and so long as you stay the course, it will get moving again.  Sciatica really stinks and makes things difficult, but you seem to possess the same spirit as I do, pain be damned I'm going to do what I need to. . .

Speaking of which, my body today is just one big ache, probably due to weather conditions, but just about everything hurts from my sinuses to my feet, with everything in between, I still got myself to the gym, but I got to tell you my heart was not in it today and I only put in about 28 minutes today, as opposed to my usual 45 to 50. 

Oh well, I will get some activity in this evening and tomorrow as we prepare for Irene's arrival tomorrow evening.  Have to move all my yard stuff, my grill and things on the front and back porches inside, board up windows, find a place for the garbage cans, so much on my mind and normally I don't give a lot of credence to what they say, bu****ching this storm on the television, it looks like the real deal and I am praying for those of you in North Carolina where she is expected to hit first, as normally the first landfall is the hardest hit, however, conditions as the Weather Channel are calling for, are such that it does not appear Irene will have the punch taken out of her, due to all the variables, so, I'm preparing as best I can for what may occur in my region, which due to the record breaking rainfalls we've had this month, the ground is saturated to the point that any rainfall from this event is going to mean flooded basement for my house.  I did stop and get bottled water last night and we are going to fill the bathtubs with water as there is a strong likelihood that we will be without power and that could be for a number of days, so I all of this preparation should burn some calories. . .  lol. . .  tornado, earthquake and now hurricane, all in two weeks time. . .  gotta have a sense of humor to get through the rough spots in life. . .

Anyway, wherever you are, hope your day is a good one and for those facing serious life challenges, I wish you peace and strength to get through it.

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 386 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1187 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1196 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1132 views