Wednesday What's New?

karen C.
on 12/20/11 6:05 pm - Kennewick, WA
Potty break. Be right back!

Karen C

karen C.
on 12/20/11 6:19 pm, edited 12/20/11 6:20 pm - Kennewick, WA

Thank goodness my shopping and baking were done before Erin and her family of 3 little ones arrived! By the end of the day everyone: kids, parents,grandparents and pets were physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted! Erin (an accountant) worked from our house on her laptop Monday and Tuesday. Yesterday I took the twins to story time at our local library. They loved it and were great. Stories, dances, games, and glittery playdough. Then we went back into the main library and played with the big legos, puzzles, kids' computers and even read real old fashioned books of all things! Then lunch and a little bit of playtime at the park before heading home for a long afternoon nap.

I had cooked a turkey Monday for sandwhiches. We had turkey/dumpling soup, salad and cheesebread for dinner which was nice and easy.

Nathan and Kristin arrive tomorrow with their new 8 week old puppy named Eleanor. This was an "impulse" buy and she is driving them nuts. They are having buyer's remorse (can you spell PUPPY???) Nate says she has a "split" personality. Sweet one minute and biting you on the nose the next. I told him that she is a PUPPY! She has to be taught who is boss!

So we'll add a bit more chaos to the mix. Crabby Maggie may be able to put her in line. She was at a "no kill" shelter having been brought over from a shelter that was going to have to euthanize her and two litter mates. The vet said she may have been dropped off or removed from her mother too soon. Hopefully it will work out for all of them.

I'm sleeping soundly from about 9pm to 2am. Just need to keeping moving my going to sleep time later each night til I achieve something close to a normal sleeping pattern.

Heading back to bed. I'm focusing on enjoying my family and friends. Trying not to get too crazy with this crowded household. Thank goodness for this big house this week. I put Erin and her family downstairs. The twins are spending a lot of time down there playing tho they still want one of us with them. Most of the toys and a tv with a bunch of Disney videos keep them pretty occupied for a few hours. We try to find somewhere to go for an hour or two each day. On Friday we'll take them to an open gym for some "nastics" as they say.

Now, I really am heading back to bed!

Karen C

Connie D.
on 12/20/11 11:38 pm

Good morning Karen and everyone....

Karen...a house full of love....doesn't get any better then that!!!

I am just enjoying the little time I have to myself while Grace is at school. She is having a special day today so she wanted to dress up. She wore her velvet dress and a pretty matching bow in her hair. She was so excited!!

Nic and I had so much fun Christmas Shopping last night. What a crazy kid. He was trying to embarass me and he got me good a few times...LOL. We love our times alone together!

I have a couple gifts for Grace to wrap yet and then I am done.  So much for another year....here and almost gone.

Wishing you all a good day. Prayers for so many in need. Special prayers fo Nan, Nancy, Monica,Margo  and Morgan.

Love and hugs to all.....connie d

Debbiejean
on 12/21/11 11:40 am - Shelbyville, MI
Good evening Karen and OFF family...just bringing up the rear again.

Busy day at work but I love it when it's busy, time flies.

Nothing new with me, staying calm in this Christmas season and not getting into the "rush of things" like some people. I don't think we will have a white Christmas this year. It's rainy and kind of "balmy"!! But I could sure use some sunshine I tell ya. I miss the sun.

Hubby bought me a new camera for Christmas, gave it to me this morning so I could read the instructions. The last one we had we bought at a garage sale. I didn't sleep good last night for some reason, I think I didn't drink enough water, had some leg cramps.

Hugs and prayers for all in need. Debbie
Jo W.
on 12/20/11 7:36 pm - Owosso, MI
Good Morning Off
 too early!!!  I hate these Insomnia chains!    Hubby got home about 3 am  He had 21/2 days of vacation time left and its either use it or lose it so hes off till the new year.    I have been playing fetch with my stupid cat since 530   why in the world he chooses so early I don't know!   I enjoy this bundle of mischief and his antics  but fetch at 530???  guess he  needs some lessons in timing! 
 Have a great day everyone!    prayers going up  for all here!!!
Pat R.
on 12/20/11 8:10 pm, edited 12/20/11 8:12 pm - Sturgis, MI
Good morning ....
I'm having problems sleeping the past few nites....get to sleep really good, but waking up at 2 and 3 a.m. then just dozing off and on until 6. I know part of it is because of having my mind on someone.

I never thought I would fall in love at age 72 and he says so too. We are totally and completely committed to each other and plan to spend the rest of our lives together, however long God keeps us here. We talk for hours on the phone, learning more and more about each other. He's a great story teller, and a lady has approached him to write his life story. In case I haven't mentioned his name, the professional name is Bobby Hutch and he has a classic country band.....he's been in the music field since 1949. He'll be here for Christmas Day and a couple days after, then I plan to go to his home over the New Years weekend, provided the weather stays good....He's about 140 miles away, near Detroit. Oh, he's also retired from General Motors, and is a Tax Accountant -- for 80 yrs young he's a real go getter!!!

My children were here for our Christmas last nite...as usual they went overboard buying me presents.....I make a very short list and they get everything on it, plus! They leave for the U.P. of Michigan on Friday to be with her folks.

Off to work this morning, then need to see if I can get a new pair of SAS black shoes. Tried on a pair of dressier slip on's but just isn't going to happen with my gimpy foot.

Have a wonderful day -- good thoughts and prayers coming your way,

Hugs,
Pat r.
poegirl100
on 12/21/11 4:51 am - Cibolo, TX
Pat,

I am so happy for you, sweetie!  What a totally magical Christmas you and Bobby are going to have together.  Enjoy it, savor it, and hold on tight!  Here's wishing that your magic bubble of love lasts a long, long time!

Vic
grammylew
on 12/20/11 8:12 pm - Jacksonville, NC
Good mornin' ya'll.
I didn't get all my baking done yesterday. I was interrupted by 3 boys coming for breakfast. Of course, they don't all come at the same time. There are only a few things I enjoy more than baking and one of them is cooking for my boys! I did get 3 bars done and 2 batches of 2 different party mixes. One sweet, one savory. I packaged them in mason jars, along with a copy of my revised family cookbook to give out for Christmas. The cookbooks are NOT in mason jars!
I'm pretty much ready for Christmas. I won't get the mushrooms to stuff or the fruit for the fruit salad until Saturday. Our grandson and his girlfriend leave for IN tomorrow. I made up a Christmas bag for them to take for her Momma. I want part of this family to extend a hand to our grandson's future MIL.
I have 2 recipes I want to make and can't find which cookbook I found them in! I hate when I do that!!
I hope everyone who is happy to have Christmas coming is ready to meet it head on. I hope all of you who do NOT enjoy Christmas (because of bad memories, lonliness, etc), can find other ways to enjoy the season!
Have a fantabulous day!

Grammylew in Jax

Monica B.
on 12/20/11 9:25 pm - Emery, SD
Sober 416 days and so proud of me. Hanging in here, not braveheart at all. Worried about the ultrasound tomorrow. The lump is like a 600 lb gorilla in our house. Neither of us talking about it. But hubby is really upset and told me he is wondering how to get 2 caskets up north...this he told me after I had the repeat views last week. Keep me safe lord please.
Our Christmas gifts arrived in MA and the kids are really excited and happy. Alex got his own package and he is delighted. They get out of school early to go to South Deerfield and Yankee Candle main store to see Santa again. The main store, the Scenter of the World is a true gem of fun, smells, and awesome displays. The Santa there is a wonderful man who lives the part.
Miss Lincoln Jane is 2 months old and such a good baby, so expressive. Put new pictures up on FB. Our daughter is so happy and feeling very loved and wanted. We are so happy for her.
Our son Angus is doing very well in MT. He loves his work and play time. Glad he has such good friends to share his life with. We can hear the missing of us and his sisters in his voice. He really appreciates the warm clothing we sent him, especially the red drop door long johns.
Keeping busy, enjoying the posts from you all. Stay happy and love what you do each day. Hugs Monica

Patricia R.
on 12/20/11 9:50 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Karen and OFF,
I have begun to have panic attacks about the upcoming holiday.  It happens every year I am hosting dinner.  I have a lot to do, and not a lot of time to do it.  

I am going to attend a new meeting this afternoon, at a new clubhouse that opened up during the Summer.  I am hearing good things about this AA clubhouse, and want to check it out.

In the meantime, I must make forward progress on the bedspread.  I am not sure I will finish in time.

Hugs and prayers to all,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 375 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1173 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1183 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1121 views