Saturday Sunrise

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 3/23/12 10:37 pm - Green Valley, AZ
Good Morning Everyone,

It's 5:30ish here and still dark, but I know it's daylight other places in the east.  Can't sleep. 
     Did lots of cleaning yesterday. Today is paperwork and church in the evening. Haven't done my reading this week so I'll be doing that too. I'll probably come back and write more later.

Mag

Patricia R.
on 3/24/12 12:06 am - Perry, MI
Good Morning Mag and OFF Sisters to Follow,
I woke up about an hour ago, but Utley wanted lap time, so I brushed him.  He has been shedding like crazy, so I gave him a good brushing.

Today, I have cleaning to do.  Plus, a good Utley walk is on my agenda.  He and I need the exercise.  Somewhere in my schedule, I need an AA meeting. 

I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

grammylew
on 3/24/12 12:23 am - Jacksonville, NC
Good mornin', ya'll.
Saturday here is gonna be nice. I love sitting here and listening to the birds chirping outside my window! But, everything here is covered in yellow pollen. I remember the first year we lived here and saw this. I had to ask our son what it was. No pollen like that in OR. Luckily my DH and I don't have allergies.
I would love to find some audio books of current books. Then I can listen while I crochet. And I don't wanna subscribe to something like audiobooks.com and be obligated to get X number of books a month for $14.95!! Looking through what is available, they are mostly kids books, books on learning a language, or "required reading" books for high school (Tale of Two Cities, Count of Monte Cristo, etc). I remember when Harry Potter books first came out, I recorded them onto audiotapes for my youngest grandson who was just beginning to read.
Our daughter has met with 2 attorneys and is deciding which one to go with. One is more expensive, but her office is easier to get to. They both gave her the same information and advice. She is going to wait to start proceedings until she gets back into town next Monday. She has meetings in AZ and then the ACMAs. She doesn't want her soon-to-be ex to go nutso while she is out of town and he has their daughter. He is still begging her to come back. But his phone calls range from begging in one, to raging in the next. She is done!
Better get a move on. I have GOT to go to the store today, no matter what!
Have a fantabulous day!

Grammylew in Jax

MillieJ
on 3/24/12 12:27 am
 I got my books on tape from the local library.   Much cheaper... and nice selection...

Millie
grammylew
on 3/24/12 2:28 am - Jacksonville, NC
I may have to do that Millie. I would just love to have them on my iPad.

Grammylew in Jax

Patricia R.
on 3/24/12 6:08 am - Perry, MI
Grammy,
A word of advice for your daughter.  If her husband is an alcoholic, she should seek full custody, with supervised visitation for him.  An alcoholic not in recovery will only get worse, and possibly endanger the safety of their chid.  Also, she should let his calls go straight to voicemail, so she does not have to interact with him.  Any communication she must do can be via e-mail or text messaging.  Drunks can be extremely irrational to deal with.  I speak from remembering trying to relate to my father when he was drunk.  Not to mention, I was not a pretty sight when I had been drinking either.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

grammylew
on 3/24/12 7:08 am - Jacksonville, NC
Thanks Trish. He has stopped drinking for now, supposedly. The kids are old enough to tell my daughter if that is not the case. She also thinks he is bipolar. He is taking anti-depressants, again supposedly. She doesn't know for sure. But once her lawyer gets involved I'm sure they will find out.
Her worst fear is his lawyer will somehow convince everyone he is 'disabled' and she will be paying him spousal support forever!
The husband's Mom is both bipolar and alcoholic. A very bad combination!
And yes, she will ask for full custody if it looks like he can't keep the drinking under control. But the kids will soon be 16 and 18 and hopefully their input will be considered.
It's funny cause she divorced him 15 years ago and then remarried him 6 months later. But in OR, if they have been together 10 years it's the same as if they were married.
Thanks again for your concern. It is all appreciated.

Grammylew in Jax

Patricia R.
on 3/24/12 8:58 am - Perry, MI
Grammy,
I know all about being bipolar and alcoholic.  I am both.  My relapse a few year ago was made worse by the fact that I kept  messing up my dose on my mood stabilizer.  It is extremely dangerous for people on psych meds to drink.  My mom was bipolar.  My dad was the alcoholic.  Lucky me, I inherited both genes.  Staying on the correct dose of all three of my psych meds helps me stay sober.  But, I first needed inpatient and outpatiend rehab treatment.  Both rehabs were diligent in making sure that all patients needing psych meds stayed stable.  They also insisted on regular attendance at AA meetings.  

Your daughter's husband may need treatment to start quitting as well as attending AA.  AA is the only reason I have been able to maintain the 2+ years without a drink.  I know a lot of people who have over 30 years since their last drink.  Your daughter would benefit immensely from attending AlAnon meetings.  For her kids, they have Alateen meetings.  It helped my daughter when I was first trying to get sober.  They have meeting schedules online.  Alanon is a support group for any adult who has, or has had an alcoholic in their lives.  Alateen is for the teen children, or siblings, of an alcoholic.  It really helps people understand that they did not cause it and  they can't change the alcoholic's drinking.  It also offers a ton of social support from people who completely understand what life is like to love an alcoholic.

Albert Schweitzer

Eileen Briesch
on 3/24/12 4:25 am - Evansville, IN
Hi Mag and my OFF family:

I tried a couple times to post and the server must be slow. Hopefully this works.

I couldn't sleep again, either. Kept waking up sweating again. Decided to change to a lighter weight comforter. I like the pattern of the other one better, but it sure is giving me issues. I used the older one instead and it seemed to help. It was nearly 5 a.m. ... played solitaire on my iPad for a way. Got up at 11 when the phone rang twice in a row ... no message but it was annoying.

Then, I had a Quest cinnamon roll bar (heated) for breakfast ... it pulled out my temporary crown. Great way to start the day. It's so far back there I can't get it back in. The dentist said to put some Vaseline on it and keep it coated, don't chew on it and come in on Monday. At least I saved the temp crown.

Well, I need to get in the shower soon and get ready for work. Really tired this morning. I was in a lot of pain last night, too. Nothing seemed to work ... couldn't get comfortable. Well, I'll get through.

Have a good day.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

poegirl100
on 3/24/12 6:40 am - Cibolo, TX
Hello all!  Happy beautiful Saturday!

Another busy, busy day in the Poe household.  Seems like we just run non-stop.  At least hubby and I are friends again today!  LOL! 

We did go see The Hunger Games last night after all.  Oh, it was good!  Really enjoyed it and it didn't stray too far from the book either.  I think I must have dreamed about it all night long!  I woke up tired!  LOL! 

Today Juan is here working in my flower beds.  Oh, to be young and strong again.  You forget how much a young healthy man can do in a day.  I went to Wal Mart this morning and bought a pallet of red mulch.  Juan and Butch are out there spreading it right now.  Sure does spiff up my flower beds.

Waiting on some folks to come this afternoon.  They are coming to buy our above ground pool.  Funny story about that pool.  We never actually put it up!  We bought it used, which was a mistake.  But I bought all new liner, ladders, lights, chemicals, etc. for it.  It should have been very nice.  Unfortunately, that year we tried, it was in June and the temperatures soared to 110 degrees while Butch was home.  We had two Mexican workers here to help us, and none of us could stand the heat!  We finally got the walls up, but we were all dying of heat exhaustion, so we left it overnight, planning to fill it up the next morning.  Guess what?  It collapsed overnight.  We just gave it up.  It was too hot to work out in that heat.

The next year Christie had her baby and I spent 6 weeks that summer with her in San Antonio.  Then last year, we had the new lake house and spent all our free time there.  Now this year we're trying to sell the house.  I give up.  Both the lakehouses are on hillsides, so there's no level spot for an above ground pool at either one.  The heck with it.  I listed it on Craig's List and am happy to get even a little of my investment back.

Well, I need to go list my food on Laureen's post.  Love you all!     

Vickie 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 378 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1177 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1184 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1122 views