iBand, Banded Plication, Gastric Plication, etc...

kami76065
on 3/25/12 7:31 am - TX
Hello:

My surgery is scheduled for 4/18/2012.  I start my presurgery diet on the 2nd of April.  Anyone have any experience, input, ideas, suggestions?

Because I'm in my mid 50's and have been on every diet known to mankind over the last 35 yrs, I haven't told many people about my plan.  They've all watched me lose, only to watch me gain twice as much later.  Not sure I want witnesses, just in case.  But would love to hear other's imput on such.

Kami76065

poegirl100
on 3/25/12 9:31 am - Cibolo, TX

Kami,

I didn't tell many people at all either.  Just like you, I didn't want a bunch of people watching me and waiting to see if I would succeed or fail.  I only told immediate family and a couple of gal pals. 

Now that I'm a year out, I feel slightly more inclined to divulge.  If someone I know well asks me directly how I lost the weight, I tell them.  If other people just make comments like "Gee, you're about to blow away!" I just grin and say something like "I'm working on it." 

What part of Texas are you in?  Where are you having your surgery? 

Vickie 

kami76065
on 3/26/12 12:01 am - TX
In the D/FW area.  Surgery through Fort Worth Lap-Band, Dr. Adam Smith. 

Kami76065

mermaidoz
on 3/28/12 9:59 am - Canada
I'm a titch over 4 years out and still haven't told more than about 5 gal pals and two male friends ...even in that small group I was seriously criticized " for not having considered all options for weight loss" , this from a grade 9 female classmate who witnessed my lifelong struggle with weight loss diets, starting age 13....Another one totally disapproved but said nothing, and one other non-judgmental said I should do whatever I felt was right, and another said I could do to my own body whatever I wanted since I was self pay, and to her credit, she  was the only one to help me post surgery visiting me in hospital and helped me in the hotel I stayed at for 3 nights after I was released in case of complications since my home town was 2.5 hours away by train ( nshe pulled me off the toilet when I couldn't get up after surgery, and watched me in the hotel bath as I showered, a REAL friend)....Having learned from my close group of friends ad their reactions, I have told no one else...and because of my age my weight loss was extremely slow, and glad I didn't tell work colleagues as they would have expected massive weight loss and me being skinny within months...It didn't happen, glad I kept my mouth SHUT so was not judged by snitty colleagues  less than friends, and frenemies...

Although not as thin as I'd like, still have maintained my less than expected weight loss and am healthy...Others at first noticed my low weight loss thinking I was on just another diet...and I still get people telling me my face is thinner...( not so, hey look at my body!)....I have recently cut my hair 6 inches, and incredibly many people haven't noticed.. just like those who still tell me "You lost a lot of weight?" ( Sheesh...4 years later and they saw me through all that time and I haven't lost any weight recently, even regained 32 lbs gradually since early 2009)...

Because you are older, I suspect your weight loss will be slower unless you have a DS .
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 384 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1185 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1194 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1130 views