Summer Sunday Hello

Patricia R.
on 8/19/12 6:35 am - Perry, MI
Good Morning Family,
I hope everyone is having a blessedly good weekend.  Mine has been pretty good so far.  I made my meeting yesterday, and then went shopping to finish getting the things I needed to make a raffle gift for the golf outing for Special Olympics.  I put together a gift of a Coleman cooler that holds a dozen cans, a ballcap, a car magnet, and a nylon drawstring bag all with the Eagles logo on them.  It's small, but everything came to $50, so I want to win it.  

Today, I need to get some white ribbon to put a finishing touch on it.  I tried to get the right shade of green ribbon, but the craft store did not have it.  I know Joann's would probably have it, but they are in a horridly bad traffic area on a weekend.  Right near Sesame Place, an amusement park my grandchildren love.

Well, I plan to make stuffed cabbage this afternoon, as I have a fresh head of cabbage straight from the garden my Mom helps her 'gentleman friend' with.

Must scoot.

Love and hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

grammylew
on 8/18/12 11:45 pm, edited 8/18/12 11:48 pm - Jacksonville, NC
It seems I wasn't the only one up early to start the day!

Good mornin' ya'll.

Another gorgeous day in paradise! I love NC. This summer has been a lot less humid than others.

Well, our grandson came home for the weekend!! He hadn't even been there a week! Some of his friends from here needed things they had forgotten so they all came home in one car---his. He showed up for breakfast yesterday. I began cooking as usual, then realized. I turned and asked what he was doing here. He said, can't I still come for breakfast? I said of course, but it's kinda a long drive. Later he went to the Commissary with his Mom for more snacks to take back. Then son, DIL, and grandson all came over to watch 'The Hunger Games'. DIL needed help with the finishing touches on her afghan, the men needed a nap in their favorite recliners-----mine.

Haven't heard from our daughter on what their lawyers said about the agreement her and her ex came up with on their own. I did learn from FB that my OR grandson is thinking of going back to Camden. He says he loved it there! I think because he made rank and was able to boss people around and there was no way he could fail, because the study periods are strictly enforced! He better get off his butt, cause classes start soon!

Went to a Thirty-One party with my DIL last night and spent too much money. But that is usual. I always spend too much!

Everyone have a fantabulous day!

Grammylew in Jax

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 8/21/12 12:36 am - Green Valley, AZ
My brother lives in S.C. and said it has been hot and very humid. What a difference a few hours (south) make. They are near a large body of water and that's probably the cause.   Mag  

cindibarre
on 8/19/12 8:29 am, edited 8/19/12 1:30 am - Danforth, ME
Good morning Trish and OFF-

Cool, sunny day in Maine today. Doing laundry in preparation for my trip to SD for the wedding.

Grammylew - If I were your daughter I would be telling the lawyers that they should legalize what the two of them came up with without further comment. Clear that lawyers were motivated to get this to run on longer thus generating more billeable hours. Maybe she needs to report both lawyers to the Bar Association in Oregon.

Aside from laundry today I have nothing special planned. I'll do the crossword puzzles and pick up the house a bit. I'm lagging on my exercise and have to get back on the wagon before it shows on the scales soon. Have not been able to drag myself out of bed the last few days, don't know if it's a spell of depression coming on or the effect of a new medication the doctor gave me for incontinence. Oh well, I'll continue to battle through this.

Start physical therapy tomorrow for my knee and the hip. One session and then off to the wedding. I'm contributing the tulle to decorate the farmyard for the wedding. My cousin and I are meeting in Omaha Tuesday night. Wednesday she and I will drive to Lincoln, NE to see a quilt collection at the University. Her other daughter and son-in-law arrive Wednesday night. Thursday we shop and drive to SD for the wedding prep. Friday she's hosting a tea for the female relatives. Friday night is the rehearsal dinner. Saturday afternoon the wedding. Sunday I spend the day flying East. By Monday I'll be home again. Then nothing else other than doctor, dentist, optometrist and PT appointments until I head to Texas in mid October.

Positive thoughts to all of you in need of them.

Cindi
Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 8/21/12 12:13 am - Green Valley, AZ
Sounds awfully busy to me. Be sure to work in a nap once in a while. Don't want you to wear yourself down. Have a wonderful time.    Mag

Judy G.
on 8/19/12 8:35 am - Galion, OH

Morning OFF family!!

Well we had Ricks mom, daughter and grandson since yesterday morning and they just left a few minutes ago...yipppeee!!!!!!! Think I am making headway with his daughter!! She actually came to ME and gave me a hug bye!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!! Guess I am doing something right!!! LOL Had a nice visit with them but glad they are gone! I can't handle little kids anymore at all!! For SHORT visits ok but overnight...no way!! WOW!!!! Temper tantrums at 4 years old? OMG!!!! Glad she DOES get after him when he acts up though! Supposed to go to her graduation party on the 1st. Not sure IF we will go yet or not. Would like to have given her a check today and call it good but then all hell would have broken out I am sure. So best to think about going yet to keep peace.

Got word that one of our tenants is in the psyc ward for about 7-10 days. Man did I scramble to locate her person listed to come get her dog and take care of it!! Glad we just did an update on the pet policy AND she was one that came right away to fill it out!!!

Hip and back is hurting me yet since I TRIED to run when the alarm went off the other night. I never should have tried to run...will I ever learn? Probably not!

Well best get going and straighten this mess up...thoughts and prayers for ALL that need them!!

HUGS

Connie D.
on 8/19/12 9:35 am

Hello Judy.....how in the world do you keep up with everything going on in that complex. Always something happening. I would go crazy!!

Glad the visit went better then expected!!!

Love ya.....connie d

Judy G.
on 8/19/12 10:12 am - Galion, OH

LOL Connie I have no clue how I do it...just lucky I guess!! The other day I heard on the police scanner 7th ave but no address...told Rick and he bolted over to the other complex...saw a squad coming...but they went to 6th ave apt....then I saw the police over on 7th ave....went over to see what was happening there...call came in on cell phone they screamed they needed help but no address and they hung up and they can't trace the call to an address only area....started with ours....nothing on 7th...over on 6th with the squad she wasn't feeling good but they checked her out  and she is ok...ALWAYS something happening here it seems! If there ISN'T...THEN we worry!!! LOL Keeps us on our toes thats for sure!! Dealing with the elderly and the handicap its expected...;-)

I am happy the visit went well also!!! Thanks!!!

HUGS

Patricia R.
on 8/19/12 11:17 am - Perry, MI
 Hi Judy,
I glad things with the visit did not go as poorly as they could have.  I know what you mean about temper tantrums.  My daughter and son-in-law are so strict with my grandchildren that they are in trouble if they even start to act like they are going in the direction of a tantrum.  They will get sent to their room if they start, and if they don't listen or throw the tantrum, then it's a swat on the bottom, and then they sit on Dad's or Mom's lap to discuss what the spank was for.  When I say strict, I do mean strict.  

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 8/21/12 12:17 am - Green Valley, AZ
You are amazing. I'd never keep up with everything. My "jobs" are tame compared to yours.   Mag  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1117 views