Good Afternoon OFF!

Chirs H.
on 9/19/12 4:08 pm - Wichita Falls, TX
I survived and feel great - I'm almost afraid to say that!  If I was not able to see the evidence on my stomach - I almost wouldn't think anything was done - Of course I have had almost no pain - my surgeon uses a wonderful thing call OnQ that dispenses lydacane around the incision points so my entire stomach is numb right now - so we'll see how I actually feel in a couple of days when this runs out!  :)

The surgery took about 2.5 hours for everything - and I was walking and sipping just as soon as the nurses would let me.  They kept me an extra day because of my lung issues and the extra work they did on my stomach - and I still have a drain...

Anyway, I'm ready to see results now - I've walked twice since I've bee home and have every intention of keeping it up...

Thank you for all your prayers & support!

Chris

Don't quit before the miracle...

Judy G.
on 9/19/12 5:20 pm - Galion, OH

Welcome to the LOSERS Bench!!!!!!!! Follow the dr's rules and you will be fine!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!

HUGS

mermaidoz
on 9/19/12 5:39 pm - Canada
Hope your post-op recovery is textbook perfect.  Remember:  fluids at this stage is the most important...dont push anything else yet, it will take 3 months for your inner sutures to heal, so play it safe food and exercise-wise. Dont overeat trying to get  huge amounts of protein in the next week...go slow and you will be alright..baby steps...Good luck! Post here any questions and we will all chime in with help suggestions....
Laureen S.
on 9/20/12 6:09 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Chris,

Welcome to the Loser's Bench. . .  it is truly amazing what this surgery does with minimal pain. . .  however, please realize it was major surgery and while you should not sit on the couch or stay in bed, listen to your body and don't overdo, because your body does need some of it's energy to heal.  I felt wonderful when I got home from the hospital (surgery on Tuesday, home on Thursday) and proceeded to move about like all was well and then on Monday I woke up and felt like all hell. . . anyway, take it slow and steady and you will do very well and come back with any questions, no matter how silly you might think they are, someone will surely be able to let you know what it is you need to know, or direct you to where to find it. . .

Best wishes as you begin, in earnest, this marvelous new way of life!!!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Connie D.
on 9/20/12 7:13 am
Congratulations Chris and Welcome to the Loser's Bench!!!

Sounds like the surgery went well. I am so glad!!

Please don't overdo....follow your surgeon's advice. You are going to do great!! Love your pic!!

HUGS....connie d
Chirs H.
on 9/21/12 6:38 pm - Wichita Falls, TX
Thank you everybody!  I'm sill feeling pretty good - and taking it easy...
Chris

Don't quit before the miracle...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 375 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1173 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1183 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1120 views