3 Weeks Post-Op

Chirs H.
on 10/2/12 8:53 am - Wichita Falls, TX
Good afternoon All! 

Well here I am 3 weeks post-op, and aside from my little hospital detour last week, no major setbacks or meltdowns!  YAY!!

I've succeed in following all instructions up until this point - yes my husband is truly amazed as I'm not one that normally seeks to follow the rules  .

I get to start on soft solids but have kind of hesitated - this part kind of scares me for some reason - I'm still only able to handle 1/4 c of cream soup at a time.  I'm still drinking my protein but getting the prescribed amount of protein & fluids.  I managed 1/2 of a soft boiled egg this morning and was amazed at how full I felt!  Tomorrow I'll try introducing some other things - very slowly!

As I've said before, I never thought I would experience this in my lifetime, but I am so thankful I found such an awesome WL Center and Surgeon to work with, and this forum for support!

Chris

Don't quit before the miracle...

Judy G.
on 10/2/12 9:32 am - Galion, OH

Congrats and remember its a wild ride so hang on tight!!!! If you ever feel like food is stuck...try laying on your side and see if that helps it move through...again...CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

HUGS

Connie D.
on 10/2/12 12:05 pm
Chris.....good for you!!

So glad that you are following the doctors orders. You have done better then me with eggs. I couldn't eat eggs made any way for almost a year!! My first soft meal was Taco Bells re-fried beans w/cheese. I got 3 meals out of that little dish. I loved every bite!!! I remember how good mashed potatoes and gravy was too. I don't even care for them normally but then they were heavenly! Things will get easier. I remember how afraid I was to eat. Just go slow....don't rush things. YOU are doing great!!!

Love and hugs....connie d
Patricia R.
on 10/2/12 10:14 pm - Perry, MI
You are doing an awesome job.  Your pouch is healing, and needs a lot of TLC.  For soft foods, I had, like Connie said, refried beans with melted cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, soft scrambled egg, things like that.  You will only be able to eat tiny bits.  Don't worry.  That's why they suggest we eat 5-6 mini meals a day.  

For protein, I used AnyWhey protein powder in a yogurt smoothie, or Carnation Instant Breakfast No sugar added.  I also drank Isopure Grape Frost protein drink.  Loads of protein in each, and with the Isopure, I also got a liquid out of it too.

Keep up the great work.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Debbie A.
on 10/3/12 4:21 am - Discovery Bay, CA
RNY on 08/15/12

Congrats Chris!!

Welcome to the losers bench. Here is a web site that has great recipes for all stages.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

Big Hugs, Debbie

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"

"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 375 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1172 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1180 views