Tuesday already...what's happening with YOU??

Nancy B
on 10/22/12 5:39 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Hello, OFF family!

Well, my Oncologist put me back on Arimidex for another two weeks.  She told me to use ibuprophen daily for pain, no more "toughing it out", and she said to ask my doctor for a better sleeping pill. Then I have to check in again with her in two weeks. 

Monday, I had to go for bloodwork again, as well as a heart test and also had to pee in a bottle. No food for 12 hours but actually it worked out to me not eating for 24 hours.  The nurse asked me if I was hungry and was puzzled when I told here that I have no hunger at all and have to force myself to eat.  It has been that way since my surgery six years ago.  She affirmed that my heart was very strong and my BP was amazing. I told her that, for a fat old lady with cancer & chronic lymphodema, I was incredibly healthy!  We had a good laugh over that!

From there, I went shopping for a winter skirt - most of my skirts are summer-weight and I was looking for a winter-weight skirt to be warmer in the cold & winds. I found one in a black/dark grey mix and then I found a beautiful short-sleeved cabled cardigan in the same colour – both on sale!!  Woohoo!  I also had a coupon for $40.00 off if I spend $80.00.  And then I found a beautiful black felt fedora, also on sale!  And a beige shirt with mulberry print to match my mulberry  skirt….it also has raised gold feathers on the front.  Happy me!

From there, the Dollar Store to buy treats, gift bags, orange tissue paper and other decorations to wrap up ”secret sister” gifts for our Sorority Holloween Dinner Party this Tuesday evening. (Once home, I created 25 Holloween cards and attached them to mini-chocolate bars, one for each lady and several spares, just in case someone brought a guest.) So I'm all ready for the party.

From there, bought groceries and then, on the way home, I visited Mom & Dad’s grave, cleaned up the dead leaves and over-growing grasses & weeds. I spent alot of time there, talking to them, asking them for help dealing with my sisters hatred and bitterness & greed.

Needless to say, I was very tired and my legs were very painful. Luckily Derek was here when I got home and carried my stuff inside for me.  He and JB had been working for days, building a new hydraulic connector for one of his V-plows, so that it now gets it’s power from the plow works instead of from the truck batteries (it sounded very impressive but I’m no techie…lol).

Danny has returned from his eight days in California, he and his wife Amy are supposed to leave October 29th (JBs birthday) for Costa Rica but Amy’s father just had a biopsy, the doctors are 90% sure it’s cancer of the throat. Given that Amy never really got over her Mom’s death 8 years ago from  pancreatic cancer, I suspect this will be very upsetting and hard on her.  Sadly, both of her parents were heavy drinkers and heavy smokers. They ate fast foods 4-5 times a week, always.  Seems to be a family trait on that side.

Kathy leaves Wednesday to go aboard the Canadian Coast Guard ship, brand new, for security tours of duty.  I think Derek will actually be glad…she is not being much of a support of late and is going to anger-management classes.  Poor Derek is bewildered by her behavior.

Well, I’ve talked way too much.  Sending loving healing energy to all and many prayers for those who need them.

Nancy B

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Patricia R.
on 10/23/12 1:19 am - Perry, MI
Good Morning Nancy,
You sound like you had a very full day.  I would have been exhausted as well.

Today is my last full day with the Munchkins.  We leave Michigan tomorrow morning.  Mom has been bearable, given that I have been in constant pain from the earache.  Then, this morning, I woke up with a killer headache.

Today, I'm not sure what is on my agenda.  It was gorgeous weather yesterday, and I think it will be today, and for our travel days as well.

I hope all of you have a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Eileen Briesch
on 10/23/12 2:07 am - Evansville, IN
Hi Nancy and my OFF family:

Good to see you again. You are busy as always. Me, I'm just recuperating from my knee surgery. Yesterday, my cleaning lady/personal assistant Lisa was over and did my laundry, took out my garbage and put flea meds on Juliette (I thought we would tag team her, but she just grabbed her, put the stuff on her neck and it was done). She had five loads of laundry, used up my whole roll of quarters plus the other quarters I had on hand. But I'm happy it's done. I was down to my last pair of undies ... not good. Plus, with the laundry done, I picked up the mess in the bedroom and can see the floor again!

Got to get the pest control folks over ... Lisa said a roach came out with the laundry ... yuck! My other apartment in Lousiana did pest control every three months ... here, they only come in if you have a problem. Well, Houston, we have a problem. I've seen other bugs, too .... centipedes, roaches, crickets, etc.

Talked with Joyce Stewart yesterday ... she used to post a lot on this board ... it was good to hear from her and we had a nice chat.

I have PT at 1 p.m. today and then have to make a trip to the store for cat food ... we're almost out. Juliette would not like that!

Trish, hope you feel better ... headaches are a ***** ... is there a weather system passing through? That usually bothers me. Take care of yourself.

Well, don't know where everyone else is. I have to get into the shower and start thinking of getting ready. Have a good day.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

poegirl100
on 10/23/12 2:08 am - Cibolo, TX
Good morning Nancy B and Trish!  And all my OFF sistas!

Oh, aren't new clothes fun, Nancy B?  Especially when you catch a sale or bargain.  I hope you will take something for pain, but didn't you have RNY?  I know I'm not supposed to take ibuprofen at all. Just checking. 

Trish, sorry for the headache.  I know how that feels too well.  I hope your last day with the g-babies is wonderful for all of you.  I think you are doing great dealing with your mom, too.

I am dragging after my third night in a row of lousy sleep.  My head doesn't feel like it's attached to the rest of my body.  It feels heavy as a bowling ball.  I wish I could just take it off and put it to bed while the rest of me takes care of Benny today. I'm pretty sure a nap is on my schedule for this afternoon!

Heard from my sweet hubby this morning and he made it off the rig with no problems this time.  He was at the airport in Dubai waiting for the long plane ride across the Atlantic.  Hoping we have no problems at the airports this time!

I think Benny and I are going to pop a DVD in the player and watch a movie this morning.  I'll work on my crochet while we're watching.  I'm making myself a pair of wool socks.  My feet are always so cold!  I ordered myself a pair of sheepskin boots--the kind with the fluffy sheared stuff inside--to wear around in the house.  Right now I'm wearing regular socks and houseshoes and my feet are still freezing.  So maybe wool socks will help.

Wishing everyone a lovely day.  Love you all!  

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 10/23/12 3:05 am
Good morning Nancy and everyone.......

Nancy.....sounds like you had a wonderful time shopping. The clothes you described sound so beautiful!!  You had a very productive day!  Sorry you are back on Arimidex again. I agree with your doctor...no more TOUGHING IT OUT!!!  Your Halloween treats will be a hit I am sure!!  I too love to stop at my parents grave. I always feel more comforted when I leave. Sorry to hear about Amy's dad. I am sure their way of life helped contribute to their problems. That is so sad.

Trish.....I hope the pain you are in leaves so you can enjoy your last day with family.  HUGS!!

Eileen...glad you got the laundry done....WOW ...that was a lot of things to wash!!  Hope your pain is better each day!

Vickie....wish I lived closer I would be there to take Benny for the day!!  So sorry you are still dealing with these awful headaches. Butch will be home soon and you will be able to relax some.

I see my therapist today at 2:00. I haven't decided if I really like her that much. My other therapist retired when I was in Iowa and I sure liked him better. She is much more passive where he  could read me so well and got things out of me. I will try her again for a while. She is very nice just different. I only see her every 3 months now anyway. I saw my Psychiatrist yesterday. He is wonderful. We always have the best conversations. We laugh a lot!!  I have had him for many years. He knows me well!!

That is about it for me. The weather coming my way is causing me a lot of pain. Oh well.....nothing new there!! I just keep on keeping on!!

Wishing you all a beautiful day!! Prayers for so many of my friends here on OFF.

Much Love  and  Hugs  to all.......connie d
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 386 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1187 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1196 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1132 views