Thursday Thread

pineview01
on 10/24/12 3:52 pm - Davison, MI
Hi all! I went to my Psych Eval yesterday to start the Official process in getting the conversion surgery. He doesn't give the results same day as the insurance won't pay him extra to.  But as he told me I was good to go and was leaving he had it in his hand and said he would fax it by 5. I didn't get it by six and called and was told they closed at 5. Got a call 10 to 9 and they called as the fax would go thru. Go figure. So they retried the fax and I found out the fax phone line is dead. So, no results and going nuts. Now I have to find out what is wrong with the phone line and drive out to get the results. GRRR!

It is 2am and I can't get to sleep as my mind won't let it go.  Thought I may as well start a post. 

Hope all have a great day.  I have the youngest grandson, Tyler 4, again today so will be playing with him until time for preschool.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

fatfifty
on 10/24/12 4:48 pm
RNY on 12/10/12
I am keyed up tonite as well.  Trying to gain insight into this new adventure that I am taking.  It is scary and exciting and very foreign all at the same time!  

I just thought I would pop in and say howdy, and it sounds like you and I may be starting our journeys close to the same time and it looks like we both have a penchance for parrots.  I have two African Greys and a Blue Quaker.  They are very, very important to me.

I hope you can get some sleep, as I am going to try to do myself.

Well be seeing you again!

Marietta in MO : Highest weight: 267, Before Surgery and Pre-Op diet; 254.6  

Nancy B
on 10/24/12 6:13 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Hello, OFF family!

Yes, here I sit again, 4 am and cannot sleep…not to mention the pain but I’m tough and I’m okay! *s*

Today, I rested a lot….so silly…it’s almost one year since my surgery but the Arimidex is dragging all of the treatment out….only four more years and three months to go til  I am done with it. And if I need that surgery again in December, I will handle that too.

This evening is my Business & Professional Women’s Club monthly dinner meeting and we have a wonderful guest speaker. I called the restaurant today and warned them to expect a full house for the meeting room.  As President of the group, I have a lot of speaking to do and reports to give.  I have the speaker’s gift ready (local Niagara wines) and my “history binder” that shows BPW Niagara Falls club news articles and artifacts from as far back as 1934.  Our club was actually chartered in 1917.  We are the oldest BPW club in Canada. I’ve created the agenda  for the dinner meeting and chosen an appropriate BPW Grace and included our club mandate and had that copied for 30 people…hopefully that will be enough. We will also have three special guest members from an out-of-town  BPW club coming to visit…..one member  is 95 years old! So I have special small gifts for them as well.

I also was speaking to the President of the local Lioness Club and they asked me what I charge for my workshop that I am presenting to them. I asked for just $2.00/person to pay for my supplies and printing costs. I supply crayons and several large sheets of drawing paper for each participant and also create a booklet of information for each person too.  That doesn’t cover my time or gas but I enjoy helping to inspire people and it’s just another way to spread positive  thinking even more.

I’m trying to start a local PROGRESSIVE  EUCHRE club here – a few people are already showing interest and I already have a place to hold the group meeting, just supplying coffee, tea and cookies. 

Now I’m drinking “SleepyTime Tea” before I finally go upstairs to try and sleep.   I have found that the intense Hot Flashes from the Arimidex have settled down a lot…thank goodness! I am so grateful for that!

*sending positive, loving & healing energy & prayers to all*

Nancy B

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
poegirl100
on 10/25/12 1:04 am, edited 10/25/12 1:04 am - Cibolo, TX
Good morning all my OFF sistas!   OMG, it’s almost 10 a.m. and I haven’t had to do ONE THING with the BABY yet!!! Whoop! I LOVE having Butch home!!!   I got to sleep late. I’m having computer time alone. I’m writing emails! This is such freedom!!! LOL!  

Of course, yesterday was a different matter altogether. I left Butch and Benny in the living room watching a DVD. I laid down on the bed to read and drifted off into a nap. (What else is new? I’m always exhausted.) Next thing I knew Butch came and got me saying he needed help. Help? Ya think? The baby got the brand new giant canister of Comet out from under the bathroom sink and proceeded to shake it over EVERYTHING in the house!!! OMG. I vacuumed for an hour. I said, “Where were you while this was going on?" Butch looked at me, and with all seriousness said, “Where were YOU?" I said, “I was taking a freakin’ nap! YOU were on baby duty, not me!"  

And so it begins. LOL! At least my house smells clean. Ha!  

Well, I hope today goes a little smoother. And I really am so happy to have Butch home. My world feels right again.  

How are things in your world today?

Love you all!

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 10/25/12 1:17 am
Good morning PV and everyone........

PV......nice to see you start the thread!! Hope you get your phone line situation straightened out.

Nothing great to report from me today. The VIKINGS play at 7:20 and I won't be missing that. I should be cleaning but hurt to much to do it. I will have to get it done tomorrow no matter what.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!! Prayers for all in need.

Love  and Hugs  to all.......connie d
Debbie A.
on 10/25/12 3:10 am - Discovery Bay, CA
RNY on 08/15/12

Hi all,

Great game last night...so happy the Giants won!! My sister in law is coming over today so I can show her how to make my Hamburger Veggie Soup. I've never used a recipe I just throw things in a pot. Hope today is better than yesterday. I ate anything and everything I could get into my mouth, by bed time I felt sick. I need to put it behind me and make better choices today. Hope you all have a great day!

Thoughts and prayers for all,

Debbie

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"

"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

Connie D.
on 10/25/12 4:42 am
Debbie....I am with you....yesterday was horrible with eating for me too!! I swear I could have eaten a SHOE!!!

Today is so much better....so far.....however nights are my worst time....I will do my best....I hate this regain!!!

I am on Prednisone....I hate it....it majorly increases my appetite! I need it to breathe so I just have to deal with it for now. Time to get more serious about going back to BASIC's!!

Love ya....hugs.....connie d

poegirl100
on 10/25/12 5:01 am - Cibolo, TX

Hi Debbie and Connie, too. 

Ugh, with me it is sugar!  I can't quit sneaking bites of cookies and things.  I know better.  I know I will dump.  But I do it anyway.  Why does sugar have such power over me?  I have never been able to turn away from sweets my whole life.  I wish I could conquer this once and for all.  Seems I will fight this battle my whole life.

But you are both right.  What's past is the past.  There's no going back.  We have to resolve to try again today.  It helps to have good friends who understand and don't judge.  I'm grateful for both of you!

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 10/25/12 7:45 am
Vickie....I don't dump from sugar and I wish I never would have even tried it. Sweets were always my downfall too!!  I am a mess....LOL

I haven't given up....I will concer this weight gain....I will not look like I did before surgery ever again!

Love ya....hugs....connie d
poegirl100
on 10/25/12 7:58 am - Cibolo, TX
Yeah, me, too, Connie.  Never again.  Especially since this is my second go'round with WLS and my last chance! 

I do try to eat healthy foods (mostly) and lots more fruits and veggies than I ever have before.  My problem right now is Halloween and all the chocolate candy.  I'm not eating the chocolate, but I'm eating other things to compensate for it--peanut butter, bread and butter, graham crackers, etc.  It's got to stop.

Vickie 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 393 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1197 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1206 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1139 views