Hello from Karen C!

karen C.
on 1/19/13 12:30 pm - Kennewick, WA

I used to start and end my day here on this forum. I do come in and read once or twice a month.When I think about posting it seems hard to recap without it taking forever.

In a nutshell, I've had some minor health issues this fall: Hammer toe, shoulder issues and a diagnosis of adult onset ADD of all things. Along with that diagnosis I am trying to learn to be a better communicator with my spouse, children, siblings, and friends. I've always seemed "fine" on the outside when inside I am very anxious, even fragile. I was raised to  be seen but not heard and I learned the lesson too well.

I hate conflict of any kind and way too often keep  true feelings inside rather than risk conflict.Anyway, that is what I am working on.

I am fast approaching my 8th year post RNY. Once 377 pounda wifh the problems that almsot always come with tht much excess weight I now weigh 207 lbs. This fall I have lost 10 lbs of the over 30 that I had regained. 

Healthier in many ways, I no longer have high BP or choliesterol, no acid reflux, or sleep apnea. I do have arthritis in most of my joints I am sure my super morbid obesity contributed to much of that.

Today I try to eat healthily tho I confess that I will always have a brain that hasn't been "fixed" and never will be.

To those of you starting your journey this forum has provided me with much support and many friends. In almost any state that I visit there is an Over Fifty Forum friend. I have had the pleasure of meeting many in person.

Wishing you all the best.

Karen C

Judy G.
on 1/19/13 9:37 pm - Galion, OH

Karen!!!! Welcome Back!!!!!!!!!!! You HAVE been missed!!!! HUGS!!!!!!!!

I am also dealing with some regain again!!! Trying hard to get it off once again and it is SLOWLY coming off!!! ;-) Wi**** would come off like it did after RNY but those days are long gone...haha BUT the tool STILL works when YOU work it right!!

Hope to see you back here more often with talk of your grands and what you are up to!!!

HUGS

Nancy H.
on 1/19/13 9:43 pm - Traverse City, MI

Hi, Karen, been wondering where you have been. I hope things are getting better for you. I do think about you often. How are those beautiful girls? My oldest grandaughter turned 16 on New Years Eve. where does the tme go? I hope you have a great week. Nan

Patricia R.
on 1/19/13 9:49 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Karen.
So good to hear from you. I am also dealing with regain. I got down to 199 pounds and then did a 45 pound regain. At my last doctor appointment I was down to 213. That was right after Christmas. I've since had foot surgery.

I also struggle with arthritis. I used to ache all over. Now it's mainly my back that bothers me.

I'm glad you posted. Don't be a stranger.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

poegirl100
on 1/19/13 11:41 pm - Cibolo, TX

Hi Karen!  So good to wake up and see your post this morning.  Sorry for the health issues you've been having.  I understand about the conflict issues.  I feel like I walk on eggshells around my youngest daughter all the time.  What I tell myself is this:  I'm just doing the best I can with what God gave me!  Some days I repeat that to myself a LOT!  LOL!

I regained 10 pounds over the holidays.  Trying to stop it now and get back with the good program.  Too many Christmas goodies.  My brain isn't fixed either!

Please come back and post more often.  You are missed! 

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 1/20/13 12:02 am

Good morning Karen!! I was just asking about you on here a few days ago.  I have been missing you so much!

Sorry you are having health issues. It sounds like you are doing well at getting it under control.

There are many of us still dealing with the awful head hunger and regain. Almost 8 years for you....WOW!!  I  am very sick now (pneumonia) and am trying to eat right. Some days  all I want is comfort food.

I recently went with Nic to St Jude/Memphis. WOW what an experience!! His scans came back clear...no new cancer. We are still waiting for another test result.

Miss you so much.....hope you stop in for just a quick chat now and then anyway. No need to reply to all posts. Sometimes I can and sometimes I can't. We all know everyone cares!!

Love and many hugs friend.......connie d

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 1/20/13 5:06 am - Green Valley, AZ

Hi Karen,

So glad to hear from you. Sorry you are going through the health issues. I, too, have been MIA. I miss this forum and all my friends here. I'm ADD but have been all my life. Never grew out of it as some do.

Love,    Mag

Karen S.
on 1/20/13 8:54 am - Wailuku, HI
Aloha my friend....I miss you too!! I am guilty of not posting very often anymore either, but I do so cherish the sisters in here, and all that they have given me over my 6.5 years since WLS.

I totally understand the "not wanting conflict." I, too, do the "dance" to keep things from blowing up, and often the result is an aching stomach or head!! If you find the secret to being assertive let me know.

My weight has really gone down, down, down. I started out at 330 lbs. and then went down to around 170 for several years. Then I just began losing again...and today I'm at 145 and that is too light for me being almost six feet tall. My friends tell me I'm skinny. I feel boney at times, too, but am NOT trying to lose, just don't have much of an appetite right now.

I think of you so often especially when I leave because your PRECIOUS gift of the walking stick with my initials on it is right beside my front door. That is one of my prized treasures, and always will be.

Let's both try and come in here more often. This is a healing place....just like I think Maui is.

Aloha nui loa,

Karen (Maui kine)

jzwife
on 1/22/13 4:40 am

KAREN- my dear sweet friend. It was so good to see your post! Every time I go over White Pass I think of us getting together for lunch. We should do it again soon _but when the snow is down!

I started coming back to OH about a month ago. I rarely post but always check to see what everyone has to say. I have always loved the over 50 bunch. Always so kind and supportive. I am looking at having a revision. I had a fistula early on so all my food seems to go into my remnant stomach. Not sure what happened. I had a CAT scan, upper GI and am going in for an EGD today. Tomorrow I will go back in and see the surgeon to see where we go from here. He was hoping to plug the fistula as a temporary fix until I could do the revision but I don't think its going to be possible. I will find out today.

Hug those little grandbabies for me when you see them. I can tell the girls have really grown!

Hugs

Sharon

Eileen Briesch
on 1/22/13 5:38 am - Evansville, IN

Hi Karen ... I've missed you! So good to hear from you. I have dealt with more regain after eight years and need to get it off. I had another knee replacement, which seems to be doing better than the first. Maybe I'll actually start exercising again. 

I remember all the fun we had in Dallas. I miss a lot of the old-timers that I used to see here, although I see some of them on Facebook. 

Don't be such a stranger ... we love seeing you here and hearing from you again.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 376 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1174 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1183 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!