On the down hill side of 50 and new to this forum

nurse55
on 2/25/13 1:57 pm
DS on 09/11/12

Hello everyone...I am 57 and had a virgin DS on 9/11/12..I am old, female and post menopausal and losing very slowly. I have lost 56 lbs and I am 5 months out but I am hopeful for the future and I am thankful for the weight I have lost. I can breath so much better and move so much better...I would love to join this forum...it seems like a close, caring group!!!

Connie D.
on 2/25/13 4:14 pm

Hello and Welcome to OFF!!!

I am so glad you found us. I hope you stay and join us daily for the morning thread. We love to have new people join us!! We are a very caring and loyal group. We try to help each other with all sorts of issues. We do not have all the drama that so many of the other groups have. We are not here to judge each other nor do we gossip about each other. We are a very unique group!! I can't imagine my life without all these wonderful friends!!!

I hope to see you here often. I look forward to getting to know you better and you us as well!!! Anything we can help you with just ask. Nothing is too trivial or too wrong to ask.

Your weight will fall off....some people go slower then others. Please don't be discouraged. 56 pounds is a great deal of weigh loss. When was the last time you lost that much in 5 months. Slow and steady wins the race!!!!

HUGS.....connie d

Debbie A.
on 2/25/13 11:34 pm - Discovery Bay, CA
RNY on 08/15/12

Welcome!

I too just had surgery in Aug. and I'm down 65 lbs. I also feel like it is coming off slowly. But like Connie said, 56 lbs is a great deal of weight and the rest will come. Happy to have you join us, this is a great caring group of people.

Debbie

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"

"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

annette R.
on 2/26/13 12:23 am - ithaca, NY

Welcome -

You found the most caring group on OH. Jump right in and chat with us.

Last night at support group, a person mentioned they had lost only 50 pounds since October. I asked if they would say ONLY if it was a gain? We assured the person they are doing great.

You are too. angry

Annette

Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

newme4now
on 2/26/13 8:39 am

Welcome to the best forum there is.  I am a newbie myself and will be having VS surgery on this Thursday.  This is a great group by far and you will feel right at home.  I am 53 and so ready for this new beginning.  Keep on keeping on!!!

Blessings,

Mikka

Mikka   

VS on 02/2/2013 by Dr. Michael Lee    SW  298    HW  333    CW  198    GW 160

forget YESTERDAY, live for TODAY, TOMORROW will take care of itself

nurse55
on 2/26/13 2:44 pm
DS on 09/11/12

Thank you everyone, I am happy to have found this board...I have been on OH for quite a while, but rarely post.  I am an RN, but not working at this time, partly due to my weight and my husband has stage IV bone cancer...he is not in remission but his cancer markers have leveled off and I am happy to be able to stay home with him. He was diagnosed on Friday, May 13th, of 2011 and was only given days to weeks to live, so I feel very blessed to still have him with our family. We have 3 adult children and our 16 year old son, surprise child, that I cannot imagine life without, and our furbabies Cody and Molly, 2 very spoiled shih tzus. I am a happy person and always try to see the glass half full, and I do not enjoy drama or gossip either. I am so happy to have been blessed to be able to have had surgery and am trying my best to enjoy this new journey in life. I am hopeful for a healthy future.

Judy G.
on 2/27/13 5:56 am - Galion, OH

Welcome and congrats!!!! Sorry I am behind in seeing your post....I also have a shih tzu Bandit...he is my boy!! Sorry to hear about your hubby...prayers will be said for him...and your family. You have come to the right group for sure!!!

HUGS

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 375 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1172 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1181 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1119 views