Pre-Op Appointment....check

jaesueray
on 8/29/13 8:32 pm
RNY on 09/04/13

I cant believe its finally so close and will finally happen. I have been working

on this for over a year and for it to be so close is surreal.

Clear liquids starting on Monday, Labor day, ugh,

Can someone throw some clear soup on the grill for me?

Jan

lightswitch
on 8/29/13 9:45 pm

Here's where tips from the board will help. When I had to go on liquids, I made my own broths so that I could have tasty liquids: Chicken broth, Beef broth, Vegetable broth, and even french onion broth.   I spent hours making broths, seasoning them just perfectly, and then freezing them in individual bags for easy access.  Also, sugar free jello becomes a treat as well as sugar free popsicles, and you will be prepared for the post surgery liquid diet.  Good Luck and don't even think about the labor day grilled food.  Just think about the new body you will soon have and how much fun it will be getting into single digit pants.   

Patricia R.
on 8/29/13 10:22 pm - Perry, MI
Lightswitch gave you all the tips I'd have given. Hang in there. It's worth it.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

poegirl100
on 8/30/13 12:46 am - Cibolo, TX

Jan,

Here's what I told myself when faced with the clear liquid diet:  "I had 53 years of [fill-in-the-blank with your food of choice: burgers, fries, Cokes, chocolate] and look what it got me.  I'm going to spend the next 53 years eating differently."

Also, don't know if it's possible for you to completely AVOID the grill and all the holiday foods this year, but if it is, that will help you, too.  In my case, I always seem to be cooking for my family and avoidance is tough, but it sure does help not to be around the foods you can't have right now.

Good luck!  Keep posting!

Vickie 

Judy G.
on 8/30/13 4:18 am - Galion, OH

Jan when I was starting out I thought it was going to be hard as all get out to do this liquid part...but I was READY for this new life that I wanted and I did it!!!!!! I will admit it WAS hard the first couple days BUT it DID get easier every day after!!!! What I did was to look at everyone's BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS on OH. I sat and looked at them for hours on end drinking my water and protein drinks I had to have. AMAZING TRANSFORMATIONS in everyone!!! And I couldn't wait til it was ME in the AFTER photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So when you get discouraged, look at those before and after photos on here and dream of YOU looking slim!!!!!!!!!!!

HANG ON ITS A WILD RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Connie D.
on 8/30/13 8:38 am

Jan....I am so happy you have made this lifesaving decision!! Follow your doctors orders and you will do well!!

Everyone has given you good advice. I agree 100%. You seem like a upbeat person...that is a positive start!!  

The liquid diet was so easy for me. I was on it ten days before surgery. I just kept that surgery as my goal and did what was necessary!! I had a lot of sugar free popsicles!! Love the broth for something warm and soothing. I could also have strained cream soups. That was comforting as well. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

I look forward to following you on this amazing journey. Wishing you the very best. No question is too silly to ask....we will do our best to help!

Good Luck!!

HUGS and prayers....connie d

jaesueray
on 8/30/13 10:38 am
RNY on 09/04/13

Thanks guys. This is only for two days, i think i can do it. But making my own

broth sounds so good. Does it count as clear broth? I have to do clear liquids for

48 hrs prior to surgery, and i have to do it right or they will cancel me!

They must have told me that 50 times yesterday.

I cant wait to be on the other side of this starting my new life.

Jan

Judy G.
on 8/30/13 10:12 pm - Galion, OH

Clear broth is anything NOT made with milk or thickner so sure you can have it...wow only 48 hours of clear liquids??? LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had 2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!

When you go to hospital most important thing to bring with you is CHAPSTICK!!!!!!!!!!!! You will have DRY lips and mouth and chap stick will help ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Which surgery are you going to have? Remember to sip sip sip and walk walk walk!!!! Keep us posted soon as you can when you get home!!!! So excited for you!!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSS

jaesueray
on 8/30/13 11:15 pm
RNY on 09/04/13

I am having RNY, i have a lot to lose and the doc thought this would give me the best chance.

I can totally stay away from the grill, and i will. my hubby is so supportive. He is doing my pre op diet with me

and says he will do the clear liquid with me too. He is great!

I want to set up a ticker thingy, can someone point me to directions?

Thank you all, i feel at home here alreadybroken heart

Jan

Judy G.
on 8/31/13 10:30 pm - Galion, OH

Jan...not sure how to do the ticker thing but you might want to post a NEW post about needing help and I am sure someone can help you get it done.

You will love the RNY!!! I know I do!!!

HUGSSSSSSS

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 386 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1187 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1195 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1132 views