Surgery Date

Lisa W.
on 4/4/14 4:52 am - Denver, CO

Just got my surgery date May 7th been doing so good on diet but now closer i get i get more hungry trying to hang in til 2 day pre-op diet turned 50 in december and looking forward to a new me .

Lisa Willis

mermaidoz
on 4/4/14 10:09 am - Canada

Hi Lisa, welcome to OFF (Over Fifty Forum), you just make the youngster cut off age and into our senior group, but are probably the youngest here. You dont mention the type of surgery you are getting, how about introducing yourself and telling us a bit about yourself and your upcoming surgery?

Great to have you here and Welcome.

jennifer

Lisa W.
on 4/4/14 12:47 pm - Denver, CO

Hi im Lisa im new to the over 50 forum i just made the cut just turned 50 in Dec. scheduled for RNY May 7th and i live in Colorado for now til after surgery and im moveing to Canada to marry my wonderful supportive fiance have to admit im nervous about surgery but i got nothing to lose but weight and gain a healthy life ty for all your support.

Lisa Willis

Twinkles2147
on 4/4/14 12:43 pm

Lisa,

I tried to post earlier, but message didn't go thru. 

Welcome to this group of incredibly supportive people. 

Wishing you all the best with your prep and surgery. 

Blessings, 

Francine (Twinkles )

Judy G.
on 4/4/14 10:32 pm - Galion, OH

Hi Lisa and CONGRATS!!! WELCOME also!!! Hope you see you here more often as we are the BEST on OH and off LOADS of support without the drama the other boards have!!! Remember NO questions are silly to us as we have ALL been there before you!!! So come back, sit down and lets get to know each other!!!! And remember when you go for your surgery...take your chapstick for the dry lips you will have!!! It will HELP ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSS 

Lisa W.
on 4/5/14 12:02 am, edited 4/5/14 12:03 am - Denver, CO

Ty JudyG and everyone will be here allot nervous and so excited been a long hard struggle for me but its here finally my doctor and program are strict i have to maintain or lose weight if i gan even a pound they put off surgery ive waited 9 months quit smoking 9 months but it will be worth it.Beautiful horse one thing i miss being this way is riding used to have a appaloosa miss it allot want to get in the saddle again after this surgery.

Lisa Willis

Connie D.
on 4/5/14 1:06 am

Good morning Lisa and welcome to OFF!!

Congratulations on you upcoming surgery!! Hang in there...you are doing great....you have a positive attitude and that helps so much!

I hope you join us on our daily thread. We love having new members. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have. We share what is happening in our day. We have all become great friends sharing our journey together!!

HUGS....connie d

Lisa W.
on 4/5/14 2:11 pm - Denver, CO

This forum a hwole lot nicer than the general forum allot of people are snobs i will be in here more often even if i just squeked in at 50 my age worried me about surgery greatest fear going under anesthesia my first time but its worth the risk overweight is hell in itself.

Lisa Willis

carlak
on 4/6/14 2:53 am - Bradenton, FL

Lisa welcome! I'm Carla I come from the Denver area also. I moved to Florida seven years ago. I ditched the snow and cold. I had my surgery in 2002 with Dr Tillquist at Swedish Medical Center. I do come back to see him two or three times a year.

Carla

image hosting site

Patricia R.
on 4/5/14 10:19 pm - Perry, MI

Greetings Lisa, and Welcome,

I'm Trish.  I made the cutoff, by signing up on OFF right after I turned 50, though I had my surgery right before I turned 50.  

I haven't been on here much this week.  Been crazy busy with good stuff.  

I'm from the Philadelphia, PA suburbs, but moved a little over a year ago to the Mid-Michigan area.  My daughter and grandchildren live here, and I got sick of driving 12 hours, one way, just to visit them for a week.  Now, I get to see them all the time.

I had my RNY at the end of August, 2006.  I have never regretted it, and have been thrilled with all of the results.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 390 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1194 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1202 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1135 views