Impaitient

Lisa W.
on 4/13/14 1:53 am - Denver, CO

Can,t wait seems like May 7th will never get here having a hard time keeping on a diet til then ust so afraid ill gain weight again and they will turn me down on surgery day or pre-op on 24th of april just trying not to eat anything or very little im just a emotional stressed wreck.

Lisa Willis

Connie D.
on 4/13/14 2:00 am

Lisa...you need to eat. If not at least have protein drinks and things like soup, eggs or cottage cheese. Easy things that are good for you. You can do this. Keep remembering why you want this surgery. You will be just fine. I have faith in you!!

Much love and many hugs....connie d

carlak
on 4/13/14 2:21 am - Bradenton, FL

Hi

as they say keep your eye on the prise! Who is your surgeon? Where r u having your surgery? My surgeon was Dr Tillquist. I had my surgery at Sweedish Medical Center. 

You will do great!

Carla

image hosting site

poegirl100
on 4/13/14 3:09 am - Cibolo, TX

Yes, Lisa, keep your eye on the prize!  I've said it many times that pre-op is way tougher than post-op.  Call your doctor or your NUT in the morning and tell them your concerns.  If they haven't already given you a pre-op diet plan, ask for it.  It's been my experience that help is usually available, but you have to ask.  I don't know why, but that's the way it is.

Hang in there, sista!  You can DO THIS!!!

Vickie 

Lisa W.
on 4/13/14 5:01 am - Denver, CO

I'm having min through the program from Denver Health im on medicaid and i have no pre-op only thing 2 day liquid before surgery so im on my own tried to get a nut shes booked up my pre-op next thursday need to be 303 or lower im trying.

Lisa Willis

pineview01
on 4/14/14 1:30 pm - Davison, MI

That is very rough when they don;t give you a plan to follow.  Try following a high protein low carb diet until the 2 day pre-op.  I actually did better on it than the two week liquid protein diet they require.

I ate grilled plain chicken breast every night for dinner.  I would also have grilled salmon or other fish too.  I went out and bought many kinds of protein powder too.  I really liked the Syntrax Nectar I bought on line.  I think people have posted you can by it at the Vitamin shoppe.

If you would like more help pm me and we can talk.  Or we can keep posting on this thread.  

I am a little over year out from the sleeve.  I had a lap band 5 years ago.  My oldest sister had the DS in '06.  I had the band in '09.  My middle daughter had the sleeve in '10 and my youngest sister in '11.  I had the sleeve 1/22/13.  So I have had lots of experience with WLS.  I was the research for all but my oldest sister and with her issues have become one for her too.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Judy G.
on 4/13/14 5:38 am - Galion, OH

Lisa...try sugar free jello, SF puddings, popsicles, low fat cottage cheese, small potions of anything that has ALOT of PROTEIN in it...drink ALOT of water and do NOT drink while eating and do NOT drink for ATLEAST an hour AFTER eating so your food will STICK with you and you will not be hungry fast...this also goes AFTER your WLS!! Remember to eat SLOW and your SMALL portions will last longer and also CHEW slow this will also get you ready for after your surgery. I know its hard but remember you will be having a lot of WOW moments after your WLS so PLEASE try HARD and do this for the couple more weeks...even drinking PROTEIN SHAKES ONLY will help you!!!  We are here for you!!!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Eileen Briesch
on 4/14/14 3:11 am - Evansville, IN

I agree with everything everyone said ... but also, try giving up caffeine. I know it's difficult, but a lot nutritionists want you off it before surgery. Better to do it now than have to go cold turkey. Realize this is a life choice not a diet.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 386 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1187 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1196 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!