Happy Thursday Everyone.....what's happening today??

Connie D.
on 11/6/14 12:44 am

Good morning everyone.....

Eileen.....are you doing okay? I haven't seen you here in a few days?

As for me....I finally got some better sleep last night. I feel so much better today. I hope it continues.

I have Rehab today. I am still off balance but maybe a bit better. I was taken off one medication and that is making somewhat of a difference. 

The sun is shining brightly. It is only 37 degrees outside but as usual it is 80 in here. I have a window open trying to cool it down some.

I will be checking back in later. 

Have a wonderful day!!

Prayers for our special OFF Family and their families.

Loads of love and bunches of hugs to all......connie d

Patricia R.
on 11/6/14 1:06 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning Connie and OFF,

I'm trying to shake off a headache.  I started using my sinus nebulizer yesterday, and need to use it again in a few minutes.  It's an interesting experience, totally different than my asthma nebulizer.

I made a double batch of split pea soup, and need to pack it up in containers, put some in the freezer, and take some to Colleen.  She likes it, but Trent and the kids don't eat it.  So, when I make something I know she likes, I share it with her.  

I also need to get this place tidied.  And, I need to find my Joann's receipt from when I went shopping there over the weekend.  I need to return some yarn, coz it's not the right kind, and buy the right kind.  I usually buy softer yarn, and accidentally bought the not soft kind.  Yikes.  Better get to work.

Love,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Connie D.
on 11/6/14 3:02 am, edited 11/6/14 3:03 am

Good morning Trish.....sorry you have a headache again. I hope the sinus nebulizer works well for you. I thought you already had one . I guess I was thinking about the asthma nebulizer.

YUM....thanks for the reminder of how much I love split split pea soup! It is nice that you share with Colleen. I am sure she appreciates that very much. I need to make some and freeze it as well. Do you add ham or bacon or a little of both?? I am getting low on meals in the freezer. I just haven't had the energy to prepare anything. I ate the last of my chili last weekend. 

Maybe you would want to keep your receipts in an envelope. I have one for each month. I keep them until I know I won't be returning anything. You never have to look for receipts. I keep them in my checkbook and then transfer them to the envelope. Just an idea.

Lots of love and many hugs....connie d

Patricia R.
on 11/6/14 8:42 am - Perry, MI

Hi Connie,

I put ham, carrots I peel down, instead of cutting them, and some chopped onions into the presoaked split peas, then I use chicken broth, coz I like the flavor it gives.

I always freeze food for later.

Ended up going to Urgent Care, coz the sinus headache won't go away.  Argh.

Love,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Cindy P.
on 11/6/14 1:15 am

Connie, Trish, & all to follow . . .

Up early before the tornado of work starts around here.  Have a load of laundry going.  Just had some Greek yogurt and fed the dog and gave him his medicine.  Now, I think we're ready.

Connie, maybe someone from your building maintenance can adjust your thermostat ?  I can't stand sleeping when it's warm.  Does that affect you as well?  Could be a factor in your not sleeping well -- I don't know, just thinking out loud here. 

I've missed Eileen too and hope she's doing OK.  I imagine trying to work with a foot that's healing has got to be tough.  She's probably tuckered out. 

Trish, your split pea soup sounds good.  That's one of my favorites.  I've never made it but have often thought I should.  Maybe I'll scour my cookbooks for a recipe that sounds delish.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Cindy P.

Connie D.
on 11/6/14 3:15 am

Good afternoon Cindy,

I never have my thermostat on.....ever. The maintenance staff have been here and we decided too just leave it off. It is working very well when they test it. The lady that lives below me is in her 90s. She has her thermostat set so high no one wants to go in there. I have had to leave windows open in the middle of winter. Especially if I have company. I always sleep with a fan going. If I didn't I wouldn't ever sleep! There are others here with the same issues. Heat rises that is for sure!

I hope Eileen will pop in soon so we know she is alright!! I am sure you are right. She works hard and then has no energy when she gets home. I am sure with all the elections going on, she was busier then ever. 

Love and oodles of hugs....connie d

Cindy P.
on 11/6/14 5:01 am

Connie, both our mom's (in their 90's) lived in assisted living towards the end of their lives.  They both kept the heat on high and complained of always being cold.  I guess being cold all the time comes with advanced age.

Glad you can keep your apartment somewhat comfortable with opening windows and having a fan going at night. 

Cindy P.

poegirl100
on 11/6/14 1:51 am - Cibolo, TX

Hello sistas!

I'm a bit late getting started today.  We were up several times in the night with Butch.  No nausea, but some pretty serious diarrhea.  I'm giving him the anti-nausea and anti-diarrhea meds 'round the clock for the next 3 days.  And I'm forcing as much Smar****er (electrolytes) down him as I can get him to take.  I tell him, "We just cannot go through another hospitalization for dehydration again!"  

Not much on the agenda for today.  Thank God.  We need to rest.  I do have to run into town and pick up a couple of prescriptions for him from Walgreens.  

I need to go check on my patient.  Love you all!

Vickie 

Cindy P.
on 11/6/14 2:06 am

Vickie,

So sorry that Butch has some bad diarrhea.  Hopefully, the meds will kick in and nip it in the bud and that you'll both be able to rest today.

Love you.

Cindy P.

Connie D.
on 11/6/14 2:50 am

Good morning Vickie....I am sorry Butch and you had such a hard night last night. I agree...no more hospitalizations for dehydration. It happens pretty fast when there is diarrhea too. I pray he can get the water in and that the meds will start working. At least now you know the signs of dehydration and can get him in sooner if need be.

Hopefully you will have time to relax some today!!

Love you bunches...HUGS....and prayers...connie d

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 373 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1171 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1179 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1118 views