It is Tuesday Time to wake up!

carlak
on 1/19/15 11:45 pm - Bradenton, FL

Hi,

I'm not doing to well today! I'll get better inspitecof these crazy drs!

I was on an If all day yesterday atvtbe Droffice. They tried to admit me but someone dropped the ball and when I got to the hospital there weren't any beds! 

I was told at the Dr office that they called for a bed and apparently they didn't!

Both hospitals they admit to had no beds! 

So I'm home for now waiting for the next step!

Anyway what's going on in your world?

Carla

image hosting site

Patricia R.
on 1/20/15 12:25 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning Carla and OFF,

Carla, what's wrong that you need to be hospitalized.  I hope you're going to be okay.

Judy, I totally agree with the rest of the gang, you do work in a nuthouse.  The stories you tell remind me of when I taught middle school in Philly.  Problem is, you are dealing with adults.  

Vickie, I will continue to pray for Butch, and you, as well as the doctors at MDA.  God is at work in your situation.  I'm sorry you had to give up your house purchase.  God has given both of you wisdom, and right now is obviously not the best time for the new house.  I'm glad you and he had the chance to recharge with the kids.  That is always the best medicine for all of us it seems.

Connie, I hope you continue to get your strength back, and don't have too much pain.  

I'm not up to much today.  Lots to do, not sure how much I'll get done.  

Love and Prayers,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Connie D.
on 1/20/15 1:57 am

Hello Trish....your prayers were answered as my pain is better today. I feel so much better then the last couple days. Thank you!!

So you have lots to do. I hope you get done what you need to get done. How are you feeling today...are you okay?

I pray you have a peaceful and happy day!!

Love you....HUGS....connie d

poegirl100
on 1/20/15 1:04 am - Cibolo, TX

Hello sweet sistas!

Carla, I am worried about you.  What is going on?  Saw your posts on FB.  That's crazy.  No available beds at either hospital?  Something is not right about that.

Trish, hope you perk up and get to feeling more like yourself today.  

I am packing us up for our return to Houston this afternoon.  We can't leave until after our mail has been delivered.  I had them hold it last week and scheduled it to be delivered today.  We have to be here for it because that big check from T. Rowe Price is in the mail.  That's the money we were going to use for closing last week.  I can't leave that out in the mailbox!

Butch slept all night, but he twitched constantly.  That's one of the warning signs the doctor told me about for too much morphine in his system.  So I didn't give him his 5 a.m. dose (which would have been 8 hours) and delayed it until 9 a.m. this morning (which was 12 hours).  I called and talked to supportive care doc at MDA and they agreed we should try one dose every 12 hours and see how he does.  

Other than that, he slept well.  I didn't sleep.  I kept feeling the bed jerk every time he twitched.  So I'm sleepy and tired for the drive to Houston today.  What else is new?  

Waiting to hear back from the thoracic clinic on when we can get in to see Dr. Khuri (lung cancer doc) this week.  I hope they will give us an appointment for Thursday afternoon or Friday morning.  PET scan is at 7 a.m. tomorrow and it takes about 24 hours for the results.  

Well, I need to get back to business.  I've about got this packing down to a science.  LOL.  NOT.  I wi**** wasn't necessary, but it is.  I am thankful we have a place to stay with Butch's brother, but it's not exactly restful there, like it is here at home.  Hopefully we'll be coming home by Friday.  That's not too long.  

Love you all.  Praying for those with needs.  

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 1/20/15 2:28 am

Good morning Vickie....that packing seems to be never ending. I remember long ago Jamie had suitcases set up with just things to take to the hospitals. She had a special cosmetic bag filled with all her needs (sample size). Nic had a special shaving kit with all his needs. She kept sleepwear an underwear and things like that in a suitcase at all times. She would come home and refill what needed to be filled. She would wash sleepwear and underwear. Always replacing those items in the suitcase too. It sure made going a lot faster. She also has laminated copies of all things needed for hospital trips or other trips. Each person has their own list. It is checked off and erased when completed. I am sure you have yours somewhat the same way too....down to a science!!! Jamie got her organizing from her mother!!

I hope you can get an appointment with Dr. Khuri on the dates you want. 

I am praying Butch's PET scan goes well. The waiting to hear the results is the hard part. 

I think you did the right thing changing Butch's morphine dose. Having him on every twelve hours will be better for both of you. I hope this helps with the jerking issue.

Have a safe trip....know I am praying for you both as always. I love you and will be keeping you close to my heart these next few days. 

Loads of Love and Bunches of Hugs.....connie d

Judy G.
on 1/20/15 7:54 am - Galion, OH

Vic Praying all goes well for Butch!!!! That PET scan will show LOTS of things IF there is anything bad...PRAYING there is nothing bad and if there is, that the dr's can fix is EASY!!!!!! Hang tight and Pray hard!!!! I know I am!!!!!!!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Connie D.
on 1/20/15 1:52 am

Good morning Carla....no beds...that is ridiculous....people are coming and going all the time...one hospital certainly could have had something. You are so small they could have emptied a closet and put you in there...just kidding!! I hope all goes well and you feel better soon. Please keep us updated. 

As for me....I am having a better day today. Not in so much pain for a change...I'll take it!!! I took one of my walks, I try to take two a day. Yesterday was a day I could only take one. At least I am trying to do something. 

I am getting so excited to see all my family this weekend...off and on!! Both my daughters and their spouses and all 5 of my grandchildren will be here. I may have told you this already. Bare with me, because I can't remember if I did or not. My ex husband's Christmas is this Saturday. Friday evening I will be going out to dinner with Jamie, Megan, Nic and Gracie. Saturday evening I will have Amanda, Tyler and Lucas here. I think Gracie is spending the night too!!! Carrie and Greg, Kyleigh and Mitch will be in and out at some point. These are the times I live for....they mean everything to me!!  

Wishing you all a beautiful day!!!

Prayers for all our beautiful OFF Family and their families. 

Lots of love and oodles of hugs to all.....connie d

Patricia R.
on 1/20/15 3:40 am - Perry, MI

Hi Connie,

I am so glad to hear you're not in too much pain today.  Those days are so precious to me.  I'm also glad you are going to be able to see all the kids over the weekend.  I rarely get to see all three kids in the same time period.  I saw Sean over Thanksgiving.  Sean and Chris the first week in September.  I can't remember the last time I saw all three together.  

I was able to do my walking DVD this afternoon.  It's a gentle workout with walking in place, side to side, kicks and knee bends, where the pace starts out gentle and then speeds up.  She also adds arm lifts, whi*****rease the cardio.

Love you,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Judy G.
on 1/20/15 7:52 am - Galion, OH

Trish I seem to do all that here at the FUNNY FARM and nothing happens....LOL Good Luck to you!!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSS

Judy G.
on 1/20/15 7:51 am - Galion, OH

Connie so excited for you to have all your chicks around!!!!  LOL

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 401 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1208 views
Judy