SATURDAY HAPPENINGS

Judy G.
on 3/27/15 11:03 pm - Galion, OH

HELLO....need HOT coffee be right back!

lightswitch
on 3/27/15 11:24 pm

Coffee, coffee, coffee....ahhhhhh, that first sip....nothing quite as good.   

Judy G.
on 3/27/15 11:30 pm - Galion, OH

You got that right!!!! LOL

Judy G.
on 3/27/15 11:30 pm - Galion, OH

AHHHHHHHH that is much better!!!

Weather is COLD!!!!!!!! was 10* when I got up this morning!!! Had some ****ty white stuff yesterday which made it slick out there so Rick had to fins some salt for the walks so nobody would slip and fall. Try to find salt in the SPRING TIME!!!!!!!!!

Had a phone call from one of the tenants yesterday afternoon. She told me WHY the tenants were not buying the 50/50 tickets anymore. Seems some were mad that I gave out gifts to non tenants at Christmas!!!!!!!! WTH??????? Those non tenants that came were family members for tenants and they got $1.00 gifts!!!!!!!!!! Also some of the gifts I gave them were also FREE that I got along the way!!! I also pointed out that ALL the TENANTS got the MORE EXPENSIVE gifts!!! Then this tenant also told me these tenants that brought family members to the dinner only brought ONE dish to pass. OMG!!!!!!!!! I then said was there enough food??? Did anyone go hungry???? Didn't people take food home also??????? What is the beef???????? I then also said to this tenant to let this complainer know that I use MY gas MY time to go shopping for these gifts. I also DECORATE ALONE, put the TREES up ALONE, take the trees DOWN ALONE, WRAP the gifts ALONE, SET UP for these dinners ALONE, Shop for the things needed for these dinners also for them....should I start taking money for my time out of the fund for this???????? I also put things in for raffles out of MY MONEY just so they have extra things!!!!!!!!!!! I buy the Christmas cards I give out...I could go on and on....if these tenants want to complain all the time on how I do things then they can STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SICK OF THIS CONSTANT *****ING on how things are done!!!!!!!!!! So what if someone got a $1.00 gift!!!!!! Like I said...didn't THEY get a gift????????? did THEY go home HUNGRY?????????? SIGHS........I could STOP doing EVERYTHING for them to have some activities/dinners here. BUT I LOVE DOING IT!!!!! I HAVE NO FAMILY HERE IN OHIO AND I DO CONSIDER MY TENANT'S FAMILY. And I told her to pass it on to this/these complainer(s) and if they don't like how I do things to just stay the hell away and shut the hell up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if they have a problem...COME TO ME ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So sick and tired of all this talk behind my back!!!!!!!! Then she said we could do away with the gifts and just have dinner. OK no trees to put up either then. Oh we HAVE to have a tree...WHY????????? No gifts to put under it!!!!!!! WHY BOTHER WITH A TREE? Think about it. I told her I was going home. I can't wait til the Easter Dinner now. Do I say anything???????? OH I WANT TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Been busy again all week here at work. Yesterday I had what seemed like a bus dropping off people for applications. WOW!! Gave them out and nobody had the application fee...sorry can't do anything without it. Only one gave me the fee. Waiting to hear back if she was accepted here. She will be 94 may 1st. Yeah 94!!! Doing very well for her age also!!!!

Bingo tonight...keeping fingers crossed I win...lol Next week is the monthly drawing and that should be over $6,000.00 OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now THAT is the one both Rick and I would LOVE to win!!!!!

Thinking of so many of you that are going through things right now...I read the posts every day...just can't remember who put what...grrrrr darn CRS!!!!!!!!!

Thoughts and Prayers for ALL that need them!!!!!

And again Thankyou ALL for being here for me!!!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Connie D.
on 3/28/15 4:10 am

Good afternoon Judy, Jeannie and everyone....

Judy....I think that woman, the Scrooge, that complained was speaking just for herself. Others would have said something by now. I agree with you and Jeannie too.....I would make a brief announcement. Let them know what you told her about the cost of the gifts and it is your dollars giving gifts to guests. It really is fair and is none of their business. You do this out of the goodness of your own heart. If they have issues it can be their choice to stay away!!!!! 

I am praying you do well at Bingo tonight! The $$$ would be wonderful to help out with so many things!!!!!! You could even go on a little get away for a weekend!!! 

WOW....94 years old and still being able to live on her own...I want her secret? She seems like she is a nice lady too!

As for me....I am doing okay. After Pam and I stopped for a late lunch yesterday we then stopped at Shopko.  I wanted to stock up on bathroom tissue. They had a good sale on the kind I like. I bought six 12 packs!! They were less the $4 a piece after my discount and the coupons I had. I won't need that for a long time to come!! I had already stocked up on bundles of paper towels the week before. I need to buy when it is cheap. It doesn't go out of style!!!

We then went grocery shopping....we were both tired so we didn't stay in there for long. I got my chicken tenders (on sale) and the really good oven roasted maple bourbon sliced turkey from the deli (on sale). I needed more greek yogurt, avocado's, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. I love fruit!! I am stocked up good now!!

I am not planning anything today. I need to get my first walk in after I am finished here. I am running behind for some reason!

The sun is shining and it is almost 40 degrees...I will be outside later! 

Have a beautiful day everyone!!!! Sorry I didn't get back to reply to everyone's posts from yesterday. I was just too worn out by the time Pam left. She sat and worked on  a puzzle I had out.

Prayers for our precious OFF Family and their families.

Lots of love and bushels of hugs to all......connie d

Judy G.
on 3/28/15 6:40 am - Galion, OH

Connie I WANT to say something at the Easter dinner BUT...a few are bringing outsiders to it...I just MIGHT make up a paper stating exactly what I do around here for them and MAYBE them SEEING it in print might change their thoughts???? Hard telling.

LOL I also stock up on TP and PT when on sale...usually we go to Family Dollar or to Menards as they seem to have the best price for the most amount.

Time to get ready for Bingo...

HUGSSSSSSSSS

Connie D.
on 3/28/15 11:53 am

Judy....a letter will work too.... hand them out when they come in to pay rent or something. 

Hope you win big tonight!

HUGS....connie d 

lightswitch
on 3/27/15 11:58 pm, edited 3/27/15 11:59 pm

Judy,

It sounds like you work with children.   I cannot imagine how anyone would be angry about your giving cheap gifts to family members.   But, sometimes I think when some people are isolated from their own family and friends, they begin to measure fairness in terms of the affect actions have on them.   I have a daughter in law who is always creating drama with her family with me and with all of her friends and she is so unhappy all the time but what she does that is so much like your folks there is she measures every thing.   If she thinks I spent a dime more on my daughter's kids than on her's she goes nuts; likewise, she counts the times I take them out to eat versus how many times I've taken her kids out. You get to the point where you either ignore them or you stand up to them.   After years of taking crap from my DIL, I stood up to her and said, no, you do not control me or my money or my time....well, I said some other things too but I will spare you guys the details of that conversation.   Stand up to the bullies and let them know who is in charge. 

Well, I did get my capri pants cut out but I spent the day sewing for my granddaughter.   Today, I will finish her spring wardrobe and when she goes home tomorrow, she will have plenty of shorts and skorts and skirts and tops.   I am going to try and make her a couple of little summer dresses too.   She sure is a girly girl and loves dresses and cute skirts...so unlike me or my daughter.    Sewing for little girls is so easy and so cheap.   I probably spent twenty dollars on all the material that I used plus I had some leftover pieces from other projects and if I had bought all the things that I have made her, even at walmart prices, I would have spent well over a hundred dollars.   And, when I make her clothes, I cut the shorts high enough so her little butt is covered...when you buy little girl's shorts and pants these days, they are so low in the back their little panties show sometimes.   

Today is day two of my steroid decrease and I can tell the difference but I cannot stay on these things another month.   Crap.   Well, in a few days I see my allergists and hopefully she will have a solution to all this pollen crap...allergy shots didn't work for me because even with the small dose of the allergens, I would have violent reactions, so I would get my two shots and then have to miss the next week's shots because I would have violent hives or worse.    

I hope you guys all have a good day and a good weekend....I am sitting here drinking my turkish coffee that my friend brought  me from his trip to Turkey and it is so good and the good news is that my DH is sound a sleep, my granddaughter is sound asleep, and my cats are sound asleep...it's me and my coffee and my macbook...now this is a good Saturday morning.   

Judy G.
on 3/28/15 1:10 am - Galion, OH

Jeanie it sounds like you have the same troubles as I do here!!!! GRRRRRRRRR I LOVE doing the dinners and the cookouts and the tenant fund buys the gifts for them... but come on!!! *****ing over me giving out a gift that was $1.00 or FREE?????????? OMG!!!!!!!! I am sure I WILL say something at the Easter Dinner for sure!!!!!!! I am so upset over this situation!!!!!!!

Sewing now that I never got to learn when in school or at home. Mom worked and never had time to teach me. Lucky I DID watch mom cook so I did catch on how to do that!!! LOL

Only coffee I had from out of the country was from Jamacia. The Blue Mountain coffee. OMG thought I was going to die on the trip home from there!! The caffeine about killed me!!! And that was BEFORE WLS!!!!!!! LOL Took me a very LONG time to even stand the SMELL of coffee again!!!

HUGSSSSSS

lightswitch
on 3/28/15 1:18 am

Judy,

I have had students bring me coffee from their homelands because they know how much I love coffee so I have Panamanian coffee, Brazillian coffee, Turkish coffee, Arabic coffee, and some from places that I cannot even pronounce and my favorite of all is the Turkish coffee.   I am not a fan of true Arabic coffee because of the cardamon they put it in.   But, for me, the stronger the coffee, the better the taste.  When I went to China a few years back, one of the large Tea companies there gave each of us a huge expensive set of various types of tea leaves in these gorgeous canisters and to be truthful, I am a southern girl who drinks her tea ice cold in a mason jar, so I didn't ever acquire a taste for the fancy teas.   I ended up giving the teas to a friend of mine and she loves them so much and raves about the wonderful taste of the blossoming leaves....WTF.   

I agree you are going to have to say something to your tenants.  Once you do, maybe they will STFU.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1117 views