Tuesday Morning, Right?

Patricia R.
on 5/26/15 5:24 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning Family,

I'm getting ready for breakfast with Carla.  I'm so excited.  I'm pretty sure I know where I'm going.  It looks like the restaurant is near the zoo, so I should be okay.

Every time I got ready to go plant my flowers, it started to rain.  Then, I'd start another project, and the sun came out.  Goofy weather.  I did start cutting out Izzy's dress, but didn't finish coz I had to borrow a tape measure from Colleen.  When I got home, I found mine.  Go figure.

Not sure if I mentioned I picked up a skirt, a top to go with it, and another top while out yesterday.  My friend discovered I can't go shopping unaccompanied.  LOL

Be back later.

Love, Hugs, and Prayers,

Me

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

carlak
on 5/26/15 5:34 am - Bradenton, FL

Good Morning!!

i made it to Michigan!!! The cost of gas in my Expedition cost right at around 180.00. About 60.00 more than taking my car.

im meeting Teish soon! Can't wait!!

We r going to Chicago today.

My dog is staying with my sister till around June 12th.

c

image hosting site

Ready2goNOW
on 5/26/15 5:54 am

Good Morning Trish & Carla!

Nothing like jumping on the computer 1st thing & reading that your online buddies are gonna have a fun day!

I AM GREEN WITH ENVY!

I am getting tired of sitting at home working on projects around the house! I am feeling spring fever & want to get in the car and drive to the beach, to places I've never seen, to the mountains, etc. I want to feel carefree & a little reckless! But alas...this weight has gotten me into a mess, and even if I was still working I would not be able to enjoy these ideas b/c I would not have the stamina to do what I wanted.

GET ME TO SEPTEMBER! AND MY SURGERY!

Anyhow, now that I vented I hope you ladies enjoy your visit...that is just too cool! WOW...the price of gas is going up, but that is really an increase from car to 'truck!'

I have my follow up appt. w/the pulmonary doctor's office this morning. I will see who I meet with & how comfortable I feel complaining about the guy who did my breathing test. Then Jim & I need to do some things around here...getting the pool shocked & ready to go is priority number 1. Supposed to be 88 tomorrow.

will check in later. Hope Vickie is doing okay. Not like her to sound so overwhelmed!

Kathy

Connie D.
on 5/26/15 10:09 am

Good morning Kathy....I am green with envy too...I want to be with Trish and Carla too!!! Their pic on Facebook is great!!!

I know what you mean about sitting home. I do it all the time. Can't drive so here I sit!!! I get out and chat with the other ladies here but that is about it. I once in awhile go grocery shopping of over to Walgreens or Walmart. Most of the time I don't have the energy to do even that.

September isn't far away and you will be going, going, and going some more!!! You will have stamina for all kinds of things. 

I would definitely get that pool taken care of...I love swimming!!

I am really exhausted and weak from pain today. I am having all I can do to even post on OFF! 

Lots of love and hugs to you....connie d

poegirl100
on 5/26/15 8:06 am - Cibolo, TX

Good morning sweet Trish, Kathy, Carla, and everyone else,

Just saw a pic of Trish and Carla on FB!  They look so good together!

I am up and waiting for a phone call from our case manager at MDA, but so far no word from her.  I saw on FB that downtown Houston is flooded.  In fact, MDA on FB warned patients not to try to travel there until the flood waters recede.  So she may not have made it into work yet today.  I'm waiting until 10 a.m., and then I'm going to call.  She is going to give me a "short" list of Hospices in our area.  I need to start making phone calls to them and setting up appointments.  I want to interview at least 2 or 3 before deciding.

We are going to have lots of company this week.  I understand it.  Butch's family wants to come and see him.  It is good for him, but a little stressful for me.  I don't know why.  Everyone knows we have just moved and I can't possibly do a damn thing about all these boxes today.  It is what it is, right?  I'm just the type that always wants to have an immaculate house when company comes to visit.  

Not happening this time.

Butch had a decent night, but he's sure asking for a lot of pain pills.  He had 2 break through pain pills at 5 a.m., then his big pain pill at 7 a.m., and then he asked for more break through pain pills at 9:30 a.m. At this point, I'm certainly not worried about addiction for him, but I do worry about overdosing him.  I'm ready for hospice to take over these medications.  I don't have the knowledge or the expertise to know what I am doing.  I mean, I'm following the doctor's directions, but it feels like too many pills.

Yesterday I did a tiny bit of retail therapy for myself.  I caught a really good deal from Lands End.  I like to shop with them because they carry Tall sizes.  Anyway, I had a 30% off deal, even on sale prices, which was great.  I ordered 5 new pair of capri pants for this summer (I don't wear shorts) and I got them for $10 a pair!  I also got a couple of new tank tops and a new short sleeved Oxford shirt.  That's my favorite summer uniform.  Capris, a tank, and a big over shirt.  I'm not really very comfortable in sleeveless tops.  I think my big arms are too big for that look.  But this IS Texas, and sometimes sleeveless is the only way to go in July and Aug.  At least the tank tops from Land's End are modestly cut.  

Anyway, the sale is still on-line today, if any of you want to take a look see.  I like to shop their Sale category.  That's where the real bargains are.  Where else are you going to find crop pants for $10 a pair?  Here's the info if you want to take advantage of the 30% off:

*Receive 30% off everything

Savings reflected at checkout when you enter
Promotion Code: THRILL
PIN: 4110

Well, it's 10 a.m.  I'd better make that phone call to MDA.  I love you all!

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 5/26/15 10:21 am

Hello our sweet Vickie.....you got some really great deals at Lands End!!! Good for you!! I wish I was there suffering the hot days with you...I love the higher temp...just can't tolerate the humidity.

I hope by now you have contacted the nurse from MDA. I so want you to get that hospice going. I am glad you get to make a choice.

I figured people will be stopping in to see Butch. I just hope they are paying attention to the time they are there. Butch can't get so tired out that he can't spend time with you and the girls. I do understand why they are coming now. Sometimes less is more.

You are silly....you do not have large arms!!!  Wear those tanks and be proud of the way you look....so pretty!!

I am cutting everyone's replies short today. I am so weak.

As you know I love you and am always available at anytime!!!

Loads of love and hugs to you.....connie d

lightswitch
on 5/26/15 4:50 pm

Vic,

your summer uniform sounds very similar to mine.   I do keep extra teeshirts so that I can cover my flabby arms.   You know, it's complicated that moment when you let the family and friends know that decisions have been made.  The result is the onslaught of well-meaning folks who want to support you both but sometimes it turns into this awkward moment where it seems that they are saying their goodbyes.  That will be stressful to you so don't worry about the boxes or the house...just prepare for the emotions that you are going to deal with.  When my mother was in her final stages of cancer and even though I was so young, I still remember that feeling of anger that so many people were coming and pitying my mom and us and I didn't want their pity.   But you are strong and you will deal with that a lot better than my 11 year old self dealt.  The good thing is you have your girls and you have us to vent and do vent...vent over any and every thing no matter how insignificant you think it is because that will keep you sane.  

My brother lives in Houston and I just talked to him and he said he is packing to come to AR. He said the streets are flooded but his son is driving him in a huge truck with extra drive and all that.  

Well, Vic, stay dry and take care of yourself...we are here.

Eileen Briesch
on 5/26/15 8:58 am - Evansville, IN

Hi Trish and my OFF family:

Got up early because my cleaning lady is coming. Yes, got a new one. But I'm really dragging this morning. Alread dozed off in frot of the computer. 

Plus, I have appointments with the dentist and chiro. After that, just coming home. Too tire to do anything. 

Along with my left shoulder hurting, now my hands hurt, especially my right middle finger. Last night, I could barely bend it. Hurts again this morning. I have real bad arthritis all over, plus I'm sure I'm having a fibro flare. Plus, a bad night at work. I'm just so tired. 

Well, not much else. Hope all is OK. 

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Connie D.
on 5/26/15 10:29 am

Hello Eileen.....I am so excited that you now have a cleaning lady again!!! That will help you so much. I can't imagine either one of us doing all the cleaning and laundry and such. If I could do a cartwheel for you I would!!!

So sorry you are dragging....yup....Fibro flare up AGAIN. I am having the same issues. My hands hurt a lot but my thumbs and index fingers are the worse. Pain just shoots through the whole thumb. It feels like I am getting shocked all the time. I hope you can find time to rest and relax soon.

I hope your appointments went well. I am sorry your work last night was bad for you.

Much love and hugs to you.....connie d

Eileen Briesch
on 5/26/15 5:01 pm - Evansville, IN

My chiro said my pain in my finger comes from my neck, and she did some adjusting there. Got some movement, told me to ice my neck and that should help. I already noticed my middle finger isn't hurting anymore. Shoulder still hurts, though. But these things take time. After I left the chiro, I picked up some food, took an hour and a half nap. I'm still tired. I'm watching the White Sox game and having a glass of blackberry wine. The house was all clean. It cost me some but Lisa is very good ... she had all of his stuff boxed and put in his room so I didn't have to look at it anymore. I have room on the kitchen island and my counter top. I'm grateful I found her again. She is very chatty but good. When I move in with my brother, I'll use her for my part of the apartment. 

I am just so tired. I will go to the Y tomorrow and that will make me feel better. But I have no energy at all today. 

Oh, and my dental appointment went well. Since changing to a regular toothpaste my cleaning was better. I have very dry mouth, so the plaque on my teeth last time was like glue, the dental hygienist said. I was using Colgate Total. I switched to just regular Colgate. That helped my gums, too. Who knew?

Hope your pain is better. 

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views