Sleepy Sunday

Ready2goNOW
on 6/7/15 6:27 am

Good Morning Ladies!

I am half awake, but didn't want to waste anymore of the morning in bed. Had weird dreams that kept waking me up. then, I had to pee a few times b/c I doubled my fluid intake due to eating hotdogs & mac & cheese last nite. My ankles swelled like bowling balls! Ugh!

Trish, one thing I love about summer is going to festivals, carnivals & other outside venues. Sounds like you had fun! Interesting debate about Christians & drinking. Your pastor who admitted to having a drink now & then seems like a refreshing & honest guy. I was raised Catholic & we had quite a few priests who drank...heavily. But never admitted to it. One of my issues w/organized religion...some of the 'leaders' were not great role models. But then again, you find that in lots of organizations. Just in my case it was one of the many things that pulled me away from the Church...

Yvonne, my youngest daughter does not have internet or TV. Initially it was by choice as she is my 'hippie' daughter who lived in Montana & NY in commune type settings. She just bought her 1st house last yr & now she cannot afford it given her mortgage & other bills, but admits she feels cut off from the world. Sometimes I believe the internet is a great tool, but it sure has changed how ppl interact. I know Jasmyn is 'addicted' to her phone. I know Jim & I spend too much time on our computers when we could be talking or doing stuff together. Anyhow, get on when you can...love hearing from you.

Christine, saw your latest photos...you look AMAZING! You can really see the difference in your face. No only do you look thinner in your face, but you look so much younger, too. It gives me such hope & encouragement...especially after my 'bad' dinner last nite. Your weekends of cleaning & doing projects around the house remind me of when I was still working. You just keep going, going, going!

Connie, it sounds like you are feeling better despite more rain coming your way. It is good to hear you were busy which means you felt up to moving around...a good thing! I have to agree w/Christine...when I read your posts about pushing thru your pain to walk & Eileen's commitment to the Y...it makes me get up off the sofa & do my exercise. So plz realize how gifted you are in motivating us!

Vickie, I had hoped to catch an update from you...am worried with all you have going on. I hope you have not been on b/c you are getting some solid sleep or spending quality time w/Butch who is now receiving relief from his pain. Please know I continue to think of & pray for both of you..

I am going to hop off and get some breakfast & hopefully wake up more. I will check in thru out the day!

Kathy

Mary Gee
on 6/7/15 6:55 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Good Morning Kathy, and to all to follow.  

What a beautiful morning it is.  I must get myself outside today, before it gets too warm.  The lawn needs mowing, so that will be my project today.  I feel so good every time I do yard work - in the past, I never even tried because I would get out of breath immediately.  Now I can mow, and keep on going.  Loving It!!  I want to plan my garden for next spring.  I want to put in some type of bed, either along the front of the trailer, or something in the middle of the yard.  Need to get some interesting, large rocks to border it out.  My late husband (Mick) was a real go-getter and always took care of the yard.  He built stone walls, put up fences, built decks and patios, etc., etc., etc.  We spent loads of time enjoying our yard.  Now, it's up to me, and I'm happy to claim the job.....just want to plan it out so I have flowers most of the season, and rocks/pebbles, and some hosta.  I just need to learn more about perrenials, annuals, etc.  Suggestions are welcome!!  I think this morning, after mowing, if I have time, I'll gather some rocks from the yard to build a border for the plants I got into the ground earlier this week.  I wish I could put in a 3-1/2 foot pool for Taylor (and ME), but that is something I can't manage--maybe next year.

Hope everyone is doing well -- hoping to hear good news from Vickie - I pray she has found a good hospice provider, it will make all the difference in the world for her.

Prayers and good wishes to ALL - don't want to write another book -- you'll get tired of me gabbing away!!   

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Connie D.
on 6/7/15 11:20 am

Hello Mary....I hope you manage to get that lawn mowed before much longer. I want you to keep plenty of cold water available when you mow!!! Heat stroke can come on fast!! I know...quit being a mother hen Connie!! 

I like the ideas you have for rock around your plants. That will look great when it is done! I hope too that you can get a garden in next year. Something to plan for is always good! 

I hear you about the pool....I wish we had one here. It is a 45 minute ride to the YMCA and 45 minutes coming back. I can't ride that long...not on the bus. Too much bumping and rattling around. By the time I get home I hurt worse then I did. 

We do not get tired of you getting gabby...you never do!! I am the gabby one!!! This board keeps me from getting so lonely.

Much love and oodles of hugs to you sweetie...connie d 

poegirl100
on 6/7/15 9:17 am - Cibolo, TX

Hello my loves. We are still in the hospice house. Yesterday was quite rough.  Butch became unresponsive and it looked like it might be his time to pass.  But then he rallied a bit and he's doing pretty good this morning.  He still had some off the signs of eminent death but not all of them. this hospice had been very good about educating me about what to expect. I'm not sure if we will go home or if we will stay here awhile longer. They are still adjusting his pain meds. It's been a really emotional couple of days. Yesterday morning I was sitting on the side of his bed telling him hire much I loved him and it was okay for him to let go. Today he is asking for a coke and taking with Carrie. Such a roller coaster. My head pounds and my eyes are red and sore from crying. But I am thankful that we can talk openly about this process. No one is pretending that things are going to be just fine or anything stupid like that. Even Benny last night asked Papaw about going to heaven and Butch told him it was like going into another room. He would still be there just out of sight behind the door. So we are as prepared as we can get as a family. It is now up to God. Will it happen today? Tomorrow? Two weeks? No one knows. I may not be on here much the next few days. It is hard to type on the phone. I love you all, my sistas. God bless you for your loving support.

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 6/7/15 3:38 am, edited 6/7/15 3:40 am

Vickie....thanks for the update on Butch. Those days sure can be a roller coaster!! I am so happy to know your family is rallying around and are understanding that it won't be long now. Accepting that is the hard part. I am glad you all agree and feel more comfort about Butch's  future. 

I am so happy that you found that hospice setting. It sounds like they are very helpful and caring.

I am so proud of Butch!!! He has been strong through all this. He loves you and the kids so much. He just had to hang on and know that you were all going to be okay. I think he has now made that peace. 

I am happy Carrie is there and got to spend some time with her dad. She will treasure that time forever. I am sure Chris has too. Even little Benny Bop is now in a better understanding of where his grandpa will be when the time comes. Budder is so young he just goes with the flow. God Bless everyone of you!!! I love you so much!! Butch is one hell of a man, a magnificent husband, father and grandfather!! You have lots of wonderful memories together. 

If you want you can send me a PM and I can do some posting for you as days go by. It is up to you. If you can't I certainly understand why. Take good  care of each other. 

Our Lord Jesus is right there with all of you. He has his arms around you Vickie.

I am glad you and Butch had that conversation about letting go. I can't even imagine how hard this has been for you.He will be at more peace now. 

You cry, scream, stop you feet, throw thing*****h a pillow or what ever you need to do!!! I am and all our OFF sistas are right here for you...always!!

So much love, many hugs, lots of prayers  to you all....connie d

Twinkles2147
on 6/7/15 2:29 pm

Sweet Vickie, 

You are right where you should be for the next few days. If the pain meds get settled, then maybe home, but for now, rest in the helpful arms of the hospice staff. 

Blessings, 

Francine

Patricia R.
on 6/7/15 10:56 am - Perry, MI

Good Afternoon Kathy and Family,

Kathy, when I was active in AA back in PA, we had two Catholic priests who were regularly in a lot of meetings I attended.  I grew up Catholic, but left the church I grew up in, to become involved in Evangelical Baptist churches.  When I first got involved, I had trouble with people who it turns out were hypocritical.  I learned in therapy, and in my social work training, to read people, and to be myself.  People here know I'm in recovery.  When I was in relapse, I had certain friends who knew I was struggling to get back on track.  I didn't broadcast it, but if asked, I was honest.  I've been blessed with pastors who are honest about the fact that they are human, and sometimes struggle with sin, just like the rest of us.  

Vickie, Sweetie, I love you.  I cannot imagine what you are going through.  I'm praying for strength and peace, for all of you.  Also, for Butch to have relief from the pain.

Must scoot.

Love, Hugs, and Tons of Prayers,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Connie D.
on 6/7/15 11:27 am

Hello Trish...you know honey that I am always here for you. You can count on me if you need someone to chat with or text or email. I am aware of your recovery and am so proud of you!! You are a fighter and you will always continue to win this battle!! 

Not sure what you have going on today but whatever it is have a good day! 

Have you gotten to see Hunter yet?? I love having babies around. They always are so sweet!!! 

Lots of love to you...HUGS....connie d 

Connie D.
on 6/7/15 11:06 am

Good afternoon Kathy and everyone....I am glad you are getting in plenty of water...flush that salt away!! 

I think we all love festivals. I know I sure do!! I haven't been to any in a couple years now. I do miss the fun!!

We all spend too much time on our texting and computers. I finally recently just had to cut the time. I stay on in the later morning or early afternoon. Then I brea****il about 7:00 or so and do another check in. I do miss some of my friends posts but I had to cut those hours. I feel better about it now. I do get the same messages and texts on my phone. Like everyone else I don't like replying from my phone. I will if it is important.

I hope you had a yummy breakfast!! I had a Boost and a protein bar. I had a hard time getting that down. I can eat breakfast meals but more for dinner. I am not an early eater.

Have a wonderful day with whatever trouble you can find to get into...LOL!!!! 

As for me ....I was up until 5:00 AM we had some storms moving in and out. We kept getting messages to close windows and blinds and stay away from windows. If it got worse we would have to move to shelter.

I worked on a puzzle and watched out the window. Sometimes I just can't sleep when it storms. I am not afraid of them. I guess I just like watching them. I slept until 10:30 so I had plenty of sleep anyway. I will catch a nap later.

More storms for today...but later this afternoon. The next three days should be sunshine and temps in the upper 70s and 80s. I am so excited for that!!! I hope the weather men are right!!

Today is another OUCH day so I am not doing much. I will finish here and then go for my walk. I finished my puzzle so I will read and watch movies. 

Prayers for our precious OFF Family and their families. 

Special prayers for our sweet Vickie and Butch . Still saying extra prayers for those of us in pain (thinking of you Eileen) and also Judy and her sister.  

I will check in later...have a beautiful day. 

I love you all....HUGS.....connie d

Eileen Briesch
on 6/7/15 12:30 pm - Evansville, IN

Hi Kathy and my OFF family:

I was so busy at work yesterday, I never got a chance to post. I got done on time, just had lots to do. I had 9 pages or parts of pages ... didn't even do the stuff on the front until nearly 9 p.m. Didn't get the Belmont story until then, then picked up our local baseball, softball, track stuff. The softball semistate story came in after 10 ... game went to 12 innings in a 1-0 score. Like I said, busy night, but it went fast with lots to do. 

Kathy, I have to drag myself out to the Y. Yes, I am committed to doing it, but I am treating it as a doctor's appointment. I set my alarm for 8 a.m. so I get ready by 10 a.m. for the 11 a.m. class. I work evenings so I usually don't get to bed til 2 or 3 a.m. So 8 a.m. is early for me. But I realize this is important. I'm trying to get there three times a week at least. Last week I didn't ... wanted to but the pool was closed Thursday. 

As for drinking priests ... well ... at my high school graduation from a Catholic all-girls' high school in 1973, we had a priest who led the baccalaureate Mass. He was stinking drunk. And then he had a whole lot of the Communion wine, too. We were all snickering. The nuns were not too happy with this guy. My uncle was a priest, drank and smoked. I don't think he drank to excess, though. Never remembered him being drunk. 

Vickie, we are all with you in spirit. I know this is your family time and you need to cover yourself with your family like a warm blanket. I'm so glad Butch was able to explain death in easy terms to Benny. It's not going to be easy for the little ones. My grandfather died when I was in seventh grade so I understood, but it was still sad. My dad died when my niece and nephew were 10; they understood but I know it hit my nephew hard. I'm happy he is getting the pain relief he needs to make the passing easier. Please get some rest yourself so you can be strong. We all love you. 

Have a good day. 

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 380 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1178 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1184 views