Monday in Skokie Il!!!!

carlak
on 6/8/15 6:10 am - Bradenton, FL

Good Morning!

I thought I would start the thread beforemy little charge would get up!!! She is a handful! My Vinnie Sue! She Certainly is her daddy's child!!

The kids finally finished up their move to the new apArtment! What a job that is! My car looks llike a tornado hit it inside. I need to clean it out!

Vicki my heart goes out to you.and your family, We had in hospital hospice for my dad and went thruu what u r going thrust now, they were wonderful. 

We r having our last week here. Leaving on Saturday to go to Lansing Michigan to pick up my little man then heading back home. Down to the heat!!! I hope I can handle it!!! I might have to tent it this summer in Colorado!!!!

piOtber than that in waiting for Vinnie to wake up so we can go to Starbucks and get Coffee!!!!

C talk on in listening!!!

Friend me Christine on Facebook in under Carla Slavin-Klein I want to see your pictures!!

image hosting site

Patricia R.
on 6/8/15 9:37 am - Perry, MI

Good Afternoon Carla and Family,

Vickie, I'm keeping you in my prayers as you travel this journey.  I can't imagine how painful this is for all of you.

Carla, enjoy your time with Vinnie and the kids.  If you have time, maybe we can get together when you're back in Lansing.

I overslept coz I forgot to take my bedtime med till like 3:00 a.m.  Plus, my sinuses are going bonkers.

I have some stuff to do here.

Must scoot.

Love and Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Connie D.
on 6/8/15 10:00 am

Hello Trish....sorry you overslept and that your sinuses are bad. I hope you can get relief soon. No wonder you over slept....taking your night med at 3:00 Am...silly!!! Oh well...that world didn't end and you got some much needed sleep.

I need to go and get in that shower....I am so behind!!

Have a good and productive day!!!

I will check in later.

Much love and many hugs to you....connie d

Connie D.
on 6/8/15 9:56 am

Good morning Carla and everyone.....

Carla....she is a handful but you love every minute of it!! She is just growing so quickly!! I am happy you get to spend so much time with her. Enjoy this last week together.

It is great that your daughter and hubby are all settled in at their new place. Moving is tremendous work and many hours involved. I am glad they have that behind them now.

As for me ....just coasting today. Really, really fatigued today. The weather is good ....sunny and 78 right now. I have my A/C on as the humidity is too high for me right now. 

The lady that is taking me grocery shopping will be here at 1:00. She usually comes later in the week. She will be gone on vacation starting Wednesday. She is trying to fit everyone in that she can in these two days before she leaves. I can get somethings but I will have to go again for fresh fruit and veggies before the weekend.

My daughter's (Jamie) wife Megan lost her grandmother a little while ago. I feel sad for all of them. Fran was a great lady! 

I need to pop in the shower so I am going for now.

Everyone have a peaceful day!!

Prayers for all of our sweet OFF Family and their families.

Special prayers for Butch and Vickie and their family. 

Has anyone heard from Judy?? Where the heck is she? I haven't heard anything for days. Others are asking me where she is and is she all right. I wish I knew. I hope she posts a little so we know she is okay. More prayers for her and her sister too.

Lots of love and bunches of hugs to all....connie d

Ready2goNOW
on 6/8/15 10:47 am

Good afternoon Carla, Trish & Connie!

Jim & I just got back from grocery shopping this morning. I am so glad to stock back up on my fruits & favorite foods. I hated having to eat 'their' food over the weekend because I was out of my stuff. Hot dogs & mac & cheese don't do it for me like they used to. Now if I could lose my taste for rice!

Carla, I really envy your ability to travel. I've said it before that this is one of my dreams. I am hoping this time next year we might have a couple trips under our belt, but the surgery & returning to PT work has to happen first. We have grandkids in MO & TX we are so anxious to visit.

Oh, would it be okay to request you as a FB friend? (Now that I have your info...lol!). Christine's pics are on her profile here, tho, if that is what you wanted to check out!

Trish, sure got a discussion going on Catholics & priests in particular yesterday...lol! I left the church at 16 not b/c of drinking priests, but from a culmination of events that began when I attended Catholic school. Some of the nuns were almost sadistic in the way they handled the kids they taught...I believe some of my self-esteem issues were rooted from back then as well as my anxiety disorder. I was always too afraid to act out or not do my homework in case I got called on, but I remember the 'shaming' they did to certain students. If a kid failed a test one nun would pin the paper w/a big red 'F' to their shirt & make them stand in front of the class ALL DAY!!! We had a girl who was very poor & her mother often packed her a baggie of dry cheerios & water for lunch...another nun ridiculed her parents in front of everyone. I couldn't carry a tune so I...w/some other unfortunates...were instructed to not sing in church & 'disgrace' our class.

I know not all priests, nuns & Catholic lay ppl were like this, but it just left a bad taste in my mouth when you're told one thing, but shown another. We had aunts & uncles who were clergy & they never acted that way. I can say my experience in elementary school must have been a factor in me going into social work to help those in 'trouble.' I learned empathy from my experience if nothing else.

Anyhow, enough on that subject! Hope your allergies improve so you feel better. And what were you doing up at 3am???

Connie, sounds like we had a similar plan for today. I am pooped & it is only 1:30...time for a nap. But I will get up & do my Connie/Eileen walk/exercise as I always think of it. Last nite I was not in the mood....my daughter was here all day & didn't leave til 7pm, but I thought of you guys and told myself to get going. and I did!

Eileen, I love how you think of the Y as a doctor's appt. It really is in a way if you think going to the doctor is a form of self-care!

Christine, I was just genuinely struck by your pics...especially your face! You have to be feeling so GOOD! I don't think I have any pics from my highest weight which was around last Christmas...I avoided the camera. But I did take my 'before' shots over a month ago. I will need to post them. But keep up the good work, girl!

Vickie, I am thinking of you and your family and hope you all are doing the best you can under the cir****tances. I pray you have not 'gone down' given the pressure you've been under the past several weeks...

Well, I am needing my nap so I will sign off.

Kathy

carlak
on 6/8/15 2:09 pm - Bradenton, FL

Oh Kathy please friend me on Facebook. Im under Carla Slavin-Klein. for that matter anyone on here can friend me . I would love that!

image hosting site

Connie D.
on 6/8/15 5:22 pm
Connie D.
on 6/8/15 4:37 pm

Hello Kathy.....sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. 

I agree...I still crave rice...after almost 8 years I still can't eat it. I loved my rice!!!

I am dragging my butt now. It is 6:30 PM and I finally get to rest awhile. 

I got back home from shopping at 3:30 PM. It took me awhile to get things put away. I rested for about a half hour and then did my wal****pt getting phone calls so I was behind and didn't get my walk in before groceries as planned!! OMGoodness I don't want to do that again. I hurt now!!! 

Glad you are getting your walks done too!!Keep listening...LOL!!

I have to go back and look at Christine's pictures. Only saw the one with her band...she looked great!! I wish I could hear her sing with the band!

I look forward to seeing your pics too!! 

Have a great evening...love and hugs to you....connie d 

Ready2goNOW
on 6/8/15 5:48 pm

Hey Connie!

I LOVE rice...would eat rice-a-roni a few times a week as a meal, and I love all kinds of Chinese rice...white, fried, etc. I really need to break this habit...maybe after the surgery I won't be able to tolerate it & that will take care of the problem! (Lazy way out!)

I have been waiting to almost nightfall to do my one walk. since I can do 15-30 minutes at one time I don't go out twice or 3 times a day anymore, and the humidity during the day & stronger sunshine just sucks my energy. My plan is to swim during the day & walk at night. However, all the rain we had last wk ruined that for me once we finally got our pool opened. then when it stopped we had to re-shock & treat it...it got so darn cloudy. so hopefully tomorrow I can get going again!

Just a couple hours of shopping wore me out this morning & mind you I really don't have much pain...just the ole knees. I almost put off walking tonite b/c my daughter stopped by unexpectantly again...and I was already tired from this morning, but I put on my 'Connie/Eileen hat & did 20 minutes. Funny how ppl you've never met can motivate you!

Thanks so much!

I played w/FB & when I view my page from public view the 'add friend' button is back on. I hope it shows for you & Carla. I think something is going on w/FB, tho...I hear from time to time they do undercover changes we are not aware of. Jim2 got a msg this morning someone tried to sign into his account from Missouri!!! so I don't know what is going on...

I plan to try to get my pictures up, but I had a real problem getting my profile pic sized right! I will have to sit down & play w/those pics when I have more time.

My evening is about over! Get Jazz ready for school 2mor & to bed I go to read for awhile!

Good Night! Sleep Tight!

Kathy

Connie D.
on 6/8/15 7:04 pm

Hi Kathy...WLS has made it so I can't eat rice...it hurts my tummy.....but I still do crave it...sad 

HUGS...connie d

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 389 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1190 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1198 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views