Happy Friday In Cold Rainy Chicago!!!

carlak
on 6/12/15 5:13 am - Bradenton, FL

Well my day has gone to heck!!! We were supposed to go to the Botanic Gardens today but guess what? It is raining! I think Noah built his ark again!!! 

So we are going to Ikea to get Vinnie a toy organizer and eat lunch!!! Then we will find something else to do!!!

then tonight I'll pack the car!!

i hope it isn't raining the whole trip home!!! That won't be fun driving in rain!!

talk in I need my coffee!!!

carla

image hosting site

Ready2goNOW
on 6/12/15 6:36 am

Good Morning Carla!

Never a dull moment with you! I was thinking how blessed your grandchildren are with you so active in their lives & taking them on all these outtings. I was a single mother for 10 yrs & my parents were also very involved in my girl's lives spoiling them to distraction. It was a wonderful time in all our lives that my kids definitely benefitted from. They still talk about 'Nana" & 'Pop' as special influences in their lives.

But while on the subject can you adopt me as a grandchild? LOL!

I hope the cooler weather heads east. We are forecasted for a 3 day heatwave. Don't want too much rain, tho. And traveling in it is a pain!

I would love to camp in the National Parks. My daughter lived outside Yellowstone for a few yrs. She said the ONLY reason she came back home was b/c she missed the family. The way she described the West was so interesting...

I am concerned we did not hear from Vickie yesterday. I hope she is just resting...

I am also concerned about Connie. I know she talked to her doctor/nurse & appears to have a good support network, but I wish she would at least get tests done...bloodwork, ekg, etc...fast & easy. HEAR ME, CONNIE?

Jeannie, I think I told you one of my sister-in-laws is a long-term dean of nursing in SC? Everytime I read your posts it reminds me of her career. If I had thought to do things differently I would have gone into college level teaching rather than social work. I used to do substitute teaching for an old boss & loved how invested the students were.

Mary, I am also sorry to hear Jim continues to do poorly. He must be feeling bad if talking about going back to hospital. The one thing I see in your posts is your wonderful sense of humor that no doubt will help you get thru the frustrating times.

Welcome back to the 2 members from the past! I love the ladies in this group & look forward to getting to know you both better. My memory w/names has always been bad so please don't be offended that it might take me awhile to remember yours.

I am going to go get some breakfast now & start my day. Jasmyn is having her annual end of the school year pool party so we have to pick up some things later this morning & get things set up. Please pray for me since their will be about a dozen 13 year olds...boys & girls running loose during the height of puberty...lol!

Kathy

Connie D.
on 6/12/15 9:15 am

Hello sweet Kathy...please don't worry about me...I am tough and will get through this like I always do. It just takes time. I had a complete head to toe physical not long ago. They took 11 vials of blood...everything was checked and I had nothing off in any area. I had an EKG an a couple other tests done too. That was on June 9th...nothing wrong there. This Fibromyalgia is just on the rampage with me. My immune system is so low. Every little thing wears me out. I really am doing the best I can. I started with this internal medicine doctor about 6 months ago. She has done more for me then my last doctor did in all the time I saw her!! Doctor F is very, very thorough. She is taking me very seriously. She has my best interest at heart. She said I have one of the worst cases of Fibromialgia she has ever treated. My Rheumatologist  said the same thing. I just do what I can. It could be so much worse!!! Please don't worry!!

You have a wonderful day and keep cool!!! One 13 year old is enough but a dozen...good luck!! I am just kidding I am sure they will have a great time and will honor your rules. 

Love and many hugs to you....connie d 

Karen S.
on 6/12/15 7:01 am

Good morning!  Hey I figured out how to change fonts and get my real name on here!!  WhooooHooooo

Carla you are for sure a road warrior!  Happy for you and love your shares.

im still in bed, but it's not quite 7:00 am.  I love to get my iPad and touch base with the world before I get up. My home is in the Santa Cruz mountains and I have sliding glass doors that go out to a deck (lanai back home!)and what I see is trees, trees, and more trees!!  It is so peaceful and quiet. I hear birds and wild turkeys gobbling!  

Yesterday I went to my grandsons graduation from 5th grade......it was a Hawaiian theme!  Outdoors in a big rotunda and family Sat around the circle. It was fun watching all the kids doing their thing. My Brocky was his usual clown self 😜🙀🎉

must get going...much love to you all and I hope today brings some magic into your life. 

Maui Karen

Connie D.
on 6/12/15 9:22 am

Hello Maui Karen....gee that feels good to have you back!!!

I remember you posted pictures of your lovely home a while back on Facebook. You might not have the ocean but the scenery is just gorgeous. So calming and peaceful! I am thrilled for you!

How wonderful that you attended your grandson's graduation from 5th grade. Gosh...I remember when he was just a little one!! I am glad you had such a great time. How fun that the theme was Hawaiian!!

You have a beautiful day!! 

Much love and oodles of hugs to you.....connie d

Patricia R.
on 6/12/15 2:19 pm - Perry, MI

Hi Karen,

Could you Friend me on Facebook?  I'm Patricia Anne Reilly there.  Thanks.

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Karen S.
on 6/12/15 2:31 pm

Happy to!!!!!

Patricia R.
on 6/12/15 7:20 am - Perry, MI

good morning Carla and OFF.

My laptop crashed and I'm on my iPhone. 

Carla, if you have time let me know if you'd like to get together when you're in Lansing. 

I'm making frosting for Izzy's birthday cake for her party tonight.  Her birthday is Sunday.  She's going to be 8.

I haven't finished the dress but have plenty of other gifts.

Praying for everyone, especially Vickie and Judy, and Eileen and Connie and their loved ones  

hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Connie D.
on 6/12/15 2:26 am, edited 6/12/15 2:26 am

Hello Trish...I am so sorry your laptop crashed again. It is so difficult to post from a phone. I hope it is a quick and easy fix!

Happy early birthday to Izzy!! I am sure the cake will be a hit as you are such a great baker and cook!! Have a great time tonight.

You will get that dress done...keep at it ...Izzy can wear it later when it is finished. 

Thanks for the prayers. Prayers right back to you!!

Lots of love and hugs to you....connie d

Patricia R.
on 6/12/15 2:22 pm - Perry, MI

I got my laptop working.  Yippee.

I almost forgot, Colleen is doing an awesome job with Izzy's birthday party which is tonight.  The theme is camping.  It was supposed to be in her backyard, but we're due for rain, so it's at the church.

I can't find some jewelry I got her at the festival last weekend.  Argh!

Love ya.

Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 386 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1186 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1195 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1132 views