It's Thursday! What's up????

carlak
on 7/30/15 3:36 am - Bradenton, FL

Hi There,

Im going to be busy today! My friend is coming over to meet ,y spaz cat Tevia. She is taking care of him when Carl and I go away in September. We are going to Chicago at the end of September for Vinnies birthday...

im gearing up to fly to Denver next Friday. The week will go fast. Tomorrow I'm driving to Lake City Fl to see my friend who was very sick. She just got out of rehab.

It has been raining here non stop this past ten days or so. I think I need to build an ark!!!

ima happy camper once again, my new Keurig came the other day. My other one bit the dust after two years!!!

Well I'm also going to Largo with my friend to the Crosstitch store to download pictures from the retreat I went too. We will do some stitching too!!!

carla talk on the day is young!!!

image hosting site

Ready2goNOW
on 7/30/15 5:02 am

Carla, you are such a busy bee! Enjoy all your upcoming travels!

We are headed to the beach today so I need to get ready.

Everyone have a great day!

Kathy

Connie D.
on 7/30/15 2:49 pm

Hello Kathy...I hope you had a really fun time at the beach!! I wish I was there with you!

Have a great rest of the day...much love and hugs...connie d

lightswitch
on 7/30/15 6:00 am

Carla and Ladies,

Yesterday, we rented the van and last night I cooked a bunch of road trip snacks.  Also, today we are having a pot luck for three of my PhD students who have finished, so this is their last week, working as my student workers.  So, last night, I made a huge pan of seafood enchiladas. When I get off work today, I am going to run around like a chicken with its head cut off getting the apartment picked up, dishes and laundry done, and getting things ready for the cat sitter.

But for now, I am getting my syllabi for the classes that I am teaching together...it never ends, does it.

Hope you ladies have a good day.  

Connie D.
on 7/30/15 2:16 pm

Hello Jeannie.....it sounds like all is falling into place. I hope your pot luck went well. Knowing you it was all just wonderful!!!

I hope you managed to keep your head on straight!! 

You just jump from one hoop to another. I so envy you!!! You have a busy but happy life!! 

Have a great rest of the day...much love and hugs...connie d 

poegirl100
on 7/30/15 7:19 am - Cibolo, TX

Good morning sistas!

I guess this is travel Thursday for a lot of us.  Kathy is going to the beach, Carla is going Largo, Jeannie is going to Galveston . . . and I am going to Waco.  If I ever get my butt in gear, that is.  So far, I'm just doing a lot of sitting.

But I'd better get my shower and get packed up.  I need to head through Austin at just the right time of day to miss the traffic.  LOL.  Like that's really possible.  Ha!  But some times are less congested than others.

My mouth is better this morning, but the area behind my top front teeth feels just like it does when you burn the roof of your mouth by eating something too hot.  I can't stand much pressure on that new crown either.  But I hope it gets better soon because I plan to make Jeannie's biscuits and my sausage gravy one morning while I'm at Carrie's house.  It's one of her favorites.  I hope Pita likes it too.  She's kinda picky these days!  LOL!

Hope everyone is doing well.  Waiting to hear from Judy!  

Love you all!

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 7/30/15 2:27 pm

Hello Vickie....I hope you made it through Austin and got to Waco safely. Carrie will be so happy to see you!! 

I am glad your mouth is feeling better today. I hope that burning sensation goes away soon!! Every day should feel better. Sorry that it still hurts on the crown too. Tomorrow should be better!!! Sending prayers. 

I haven't heard a word from Judy. I left another message on FB. Hopefully tonight she can answer. I am sure things are good!!

I am jealous that you and Carrie get to enjoy those biscuits made from Jeannie's recipe!! I am sure the gravy will be just as great!! 

Have a fun evening with Carrie!! 

I love you much...HUGS....connie d 

Eileen Briesch
on 7/30/15 8:34 am - Evansville, IN

Hi Carla and my OFF family:

You folks are so busy! I was up early to go to the Y but my tummy is acting up ... think I'm having an IBS flare. That has stopped up my toilet. So I'm staying home for now and hope it will calm down.

There's a Facebook site called Evansville Online Garage Sale that I belong to. Last night I put my little dropleaf table and two chairs for sale on it. In the photo you can see my little bench. Well, I got people wanting to buy the bench, too, so I had to take a photo of the bench. And they wanted to know the dimensions and I couldn't find my measuring tape (I'll find it today, I'm sure). So I found an app for it. Worked pretty well. Anyway, I was getting offers up to $50 for the bench. It's a nice bench, but not worth that much. So today a woman came over and bought the bench and the table and chairs for $75. A couple more things gone. My brother will be happy. 

Now, the problem is my Aerobed has died. It is losing air. Rox told me that after she and Erin slept on it. I pumped it up last night and today it's sagging. Gary is coming down over the weekend and will be staying in my apartment this time. Either I need a new aerobed or he has to bring down his air mattress. 

Back to work tonight. I'm really tired. Don't even feel like I had two days off. All I did was run yesterday and Tuesday. Oh, but the good news was my White Sox have won seven in a row. Trish, sorry your Phillies lost Cole Hamels after he pitched that nice no-hitter against the Cubs. Hope the prospects will be worth it. 

Have a good day, everyone.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Connie D.
on 7/30/15 2:47 pm

Hello Eileen....I am sorry your tummy hurts and that your IBS is flying up. I remember those days. You can't be far from the bathroom!!I am glad you made a little money selling a few things. Every bit helps!

Sorry about your Aerobed losing air. Mine died this summer too. I had to go and buy new one!!! They are spendy!!

Ugh...back to work tonight! I know you had a busy few days. Maybe tonight will go faster. I hope so!!

How is your Fibro pain? Something is going on with the weather. I can't hardly take it anymore. No one should have this kind of pain every damn day all day! It is my whole body, head to toe. Almost two weeks now!! I can't wait until my doctor is back from vacation!! Sorry to whine!!

Have a good evening...love and hugs to you...connie d

Eileen Briesch
on 7/30/15 4:40 pm - Evansville, IN

My pain level isn't bad, although after the Y yesterday I had some pain in my hammies. I think I exercised too much. We are having hot and humid weather, which also kicks up my asthma. 

Hope you feel better. Gentle cyber hugs. 

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 389 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1190 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1198 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!