Good Morning, Tuesday!

carlak
on 8/25/15 6:22 am - Bradenton, FL

Hi there,

Well Tuesday is here and I have been home for a week. I was down for the count Part of Sunday into Monday. I think I was in a Addison Crisis. I'm feeling somewhat better today. 

Im going for a scope tomorrow. They think dumping might be setting off the Addison crisis. Who knows. 

It may have been something I ate Saturday night.

antway it's time for coffee! My Keurig is calling me!

Talk on!

Ill check back later

carla

image hosting site

Ready2goNOW
on 8/25/15 7:58 am

Good Morning Carla.

Nice to see you kicking off the thread since we know how busy you are traveling all over the continental US...lol!

I am being lazy instead of getting stuff done that has been on hold for over a week now. I got up to send Jazz off to school...then went back to bed until after 9. Now I have been sitting on the computer for over an hour. If I sit here much longer I won't feel like moving.

I hope everyone has a productive day. I don't think Vickie posted yesterday so my thoughts are with her.

I am so glad Trish feels the new therapist will work out for her.

I am proud of how Cindi led our group into discussing our ongoing issues with food...a critical issue for all of us no matter where we are at in life.

I don't recall knowing or hearing Jeannie has MS...just amazing how well she manages with such a busy job.

I am forgetting folks as usual, but still foggy since I got up.

Will check in later.

Kathy

Connie D.
on 8/25/15 9:05 am

Hello Kathy...can't you see me standing in the corner waving at you...how can you miss me....LOL!!!! 

I hope you are okay...you aren't getting sick are you? I am sure you are feeling so worn out because of all you have been doing in the last few weeks. You had a pretty busy schedule for while there!!! 

I loved those pics you posted of Jazz. She is so pretty and looked so good!! She was all ready for that first day of school!!

If I remember right...Jeannie has had MS for a long time. I think she does awesome considering that she has that illness. So many people I know can't even work anymore because of it. Then...most people aren't as determined as Jeannie is!!! She is amazing!!!!

Rest as you can...it is okay to take some days to catch up. I slept until 10 again today. I have been up too late at night. 

Have a great day...go float around in the pool for awhile!!!

Love you...HUGS....connie d

cindibarre
on 8/25/15 8:33 am - Danforth, ME

Good Morning Carla and OFF-

Carla good luck with that scope tomorrow.  I hope they find the problem or that it is just an Addison's flare.  Aren't you leaving for Chicago soon or am I getting everyone confused.

Kathy Jazz looked great going back to school.  I can relate to being lazy.  I've been up since seven and done the dishes but also sitting in my chair with the computer.  Have to get my butt in gear as I have to go to chiropracter today.  

Woke up with a stiff neck and sinus headache.  Stiff neck is the loaner car and sinus headache is the weather.  Muggy and rainy.  Weather is supposed to break later this week.

A young friend of mine is leaving today for Idaho to go on fire assignment.  She won't actually be on the fire line as she has not passed her physical for fire fighting but she will be dispatching helicopters and doing radio communications.  All of my Fish and Wildlife acquaintences are on fire duty as they received a directive the other day stating they have to go on fire details until the fires get under control.  So lets swing some chickens for my friends as I am worrying about them all the time.  They are a special breed of people to go out and fight fires.  I call them my fire babies.

Another one of my volunteer friends called this morning to tell me that his wife Dorothy (also my friend) has been diagnosed with Acute Prolyetic Leukemia.  They have chosen not to seek treatment and she is resting at home with hospice.  What do you say to someone when they call you with that news.  They are such a sweet couple.  Bob is Dorothy's third husband.  She's 83 and he's 77.  I met them years ago volunteering at one wildlife refuge and followed them to Anahuac.  They are both very pragmatic people and we have always frankly discussed dying.  It's still a shock.  If I could afford it, I would get on a plane to go say goodbye but I will call her later this afternoon as Bob requested and say goodbye.  Damn I hate growing up!

Solved my mother's computer problem this morning.  Time Warner had quarantined her internet modem so she would call and agree to an upgrade in service.  Judy would describe this more colorfully but I basically said unquarantine the modem please so I can read things to my mother.  GRRRR!  Stupid idiots!  Problem solved, she can now turn on the computer put the document on the printer/scanner and I can read the document for her from my computer.  The magic of the internet.

Vickie loved the pictures of Benny and Budder yesterday.  Hope you are doing as well as can be expected.

Connie hope the pain level is lower.

Judy looked at the wedding pictures and they are lovely.  I liked your dress and the shoes.  And is Rick smiling in one of those pictures?  Why yes he is and looking very nice.

Julia hope the doctor figures out your nausea etc.. soon and I echo what Connie said.  If it gets worse suddenly take yourself to the emergency room!

Cindy P hope the deck is finished soon.  You'll have to post pictures.

Anyone tried Coconu****er.  It's apparently the rage with many people.  I bought some on sale at Walmart yesterday.  Should have read the label better as the sugar content is high.  But it does taste good.  I'm thinking of making a fruit smoothy using blueberries, frozen mango, frozen strawberries and coconu****er.  I've also been buying the Outshine popicles which are fruit and vegetable based.  Gonna wean off of carbs and dairy over the next ten days and stick to protein, fruit and veggies.

Well, gotta close now and get ready to drive to town for chiro appointment.  Thoughts going out to all of you as we go through our day.

Cindi B.

Connie D.
on 8/25/15 9:46 am

Hello Cindi...I also buy Outshine fruit bars. They are really good and just the right size!! I buy my coconu****er whenever I am near the organic market. I can't drink much at a time because of the sugar but it is good!!

I pray your chiropractor appointment goes well and you can get some relief from your stiff neck and sinus headache.

Now I have to get to those wedding pics of Judy's...Rick smiling...I have never seen him smile...just teasing Judy!!!

Better go for now...love and hugs to you....connie d 

Connie D.
on 8/25/15 2:11 am, edited 8/25/15 7:13 am

Good morning Carla and everyone....

Carla...so sorry your Addison's is kicking you in the butt again. Something probably triggered it. Maybe something you ate...who knows. Take it easy for a couple days so you can recover and get your strength back!!

I am praying the endoscopy goes well and that they can find some answers for you. Please let us know how that turns out.

Which model of Keurig do you have. I want one but can't decide which one to get. I know Vickie has a nice one.

Have a better day today...love and hugs...connie d

Connie D.
on 8/25/15 9:27 am

As for me.... feeling really worn out but my pain is so much better...YAY!! I actually feel like doing something.

My errand fairy (Fran) comes today a 1:00. I need to stop at the drug store for some vitamins and then go get some groceries. Not a whole lot of anything. 

I have been coloring again...I think that is why I feel better. It keeps me busy and relaxing at the same time. If  you haven't tried coloring these things you need to start. You can lose yourself for awhile. Very comforting. I know Vickie does them too!

I need to get in the shower now...I will check back in later.

Have a beautiful day!! 

Prayers for all our precious OFF Family and their families. 

Praying all is going well for Vickie today. She has been so busy trying to get that house in order.  She posted a couple really cute pics of Benny and Budder n their first day of school. Beeny in Kindergarten and Budder in a new daycare/preschool. They looked adorable as they always do!!

Lots of love and buckets of hugs to all...connie d

Eileen Briesch
on 8/25/15 10:24 am - Evansville, IN

Hi Carla and my OFF family:

Glad you're feeling better, Carla. I am too. My back is much better today. Figures ... the day I go to the chiropractor I feel good. Didn't sleep long enough, but otherwise I'm OK. Phone woke me up.

Gary and I went to look an apartment at our new complex that we were told was a large. Well, after looking at it, we figure it must have been a medium because the bedrooms are the same size and the living room was much smaller than it showed on the floor plan.

I have two appointments this afternoon, with my therapist and my chiro. I have salsa chicken in the crockpot and want to make apple muffins when I get home. I have all these apples and they're going to go bad if I don't do something with them soon. 

Can't remember what everyone said, but love ya'all. Hope you're all good.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Connie D.
on 8/25/15 2:11 pm

Hello Eileen...I am happy that your back is better!!! The Chiro will make it feel even better!! I hope you had a nice appointment with your therapist.

Even better yet I hope you are getting a little nap in!! Sorry you got woke up early this morning.

I have been sleeping until 10:00 and even one day until noon this week. I get so behind on calls and other things I want to do. I guess I better start setting an alarm for 8:00. 

I can smell the salsa chicken from here....it smells heavenly!!! I have to remember to get some salsa. Twice I have been at the store and have forgotten it. I wrote it down right now so I don't forget it again.

Have a relaxing evening....love and hugs...connie d

poegirl100
on 8/25/15 10:28 am - Cibolo, TX

Hi sweeties!   I was sick all day yesterday so I didn't post.  Waiting my turn at the social security office today.  I'll post when I get home.  Love you all!

Vickie 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 389 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1190 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1198 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views