Super Saturday

Eileen Briesch
on 8/29/15 4:29 am, edited 8/29/15 4:29 am - Evansville, IN

Hi Kathy and my OFF family:

Just a quick check in before I get ready for work. I didn't get home last night until after midnight because of Friday night football. I had eight stories come in after 10 p.m., with deadline at 11:30 p.m. I had to remind the sports editor of the final story; he said I could read it and he'd stand behind me and read it. No, I don't like people looking over my shoulder. I told him to go read it and then I'd read it. So we missed deadline by nearly a half hour. Got home, then didn't get to bed until nearly 2 a.m. When I got up this morning, at about 11 a.m., Gary was gone. I'm glad he's getting out and doing things. There's a classic car event in town called the Frog Follies. I hope he went to check that out. He's into that kind of stuff (you know, guys and their cars; me, just give me reliable transportation). 

So I need to get into the shower and get ready for work. Lots of pages tonight. I got some stuff done last night while waiting for the late stories. 

I've read most of the posts but don't have time to respond. I'm thinking of all of you and hope you will be OK. Vickie, take it one day, one hour, one minute at a time. Cindi, it was nice of you to offer to help.

Have a good day. I woke up with a headache, too; weather forecast calls for thunderstorms ...plus my right knee hurts.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Ready2goNOW
on 8/29/15 1:13 pm

Eileen...Jim is at a car show while we speak. He often has the car auctions on TV. Can't stand them. I think cars going for those prices are ridiculous...as ridiculous as the ppl who put thousands into them to 'restore' them.

Oops, hope I didn't offend anyone!

Kathy

Connie D.
on 8/29/15 2:54 pm

Hello Eileen...sorry you had such a late night at work....I guess it wasn't unexpected to you. I hope tonight is somewhat better.

It would be good for Gary to go to the car show. He would find people that he could talk with about things they have in common!! 

Have a good night...love and hugs...connie d

Eileen Briesch
on 8/29/15 2:58 pm - Evansville, IN

Connie, I saw Gary right before I left for work. He said the car show was horrible. It was very unorganized just to get in and out of the fairgrounds. He stayed for an hour and then went to Wendy's for lunch. 

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Connie D.
on 8/29/15 3:03 pm

Eileen...well that sucked. I was hoping he would have a good day. 

You have a good night...well as good as it can be!!!

More love and hugs...connie d

poegirl100
on 8/29/15 11:58 am - Cibolo, TX

Just popping back in to checking on everyone. I find myself totally wiped out by yesterday's emotional meltdown at the lake house and unable to concentrate on hardly anything today. So I'm just puttering around the house. Cindi, I sure hope I have the lake house cleaned out and ready to sell before another month goes by, but I LOVE YOU DEARLY for offering to help!!!  You never know.  I may need you then.  I'm glad we will be within driving distance of each other soon.  Hope everyone's Saturday is going well!

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 8/29/15 2:47 pm

Hi Vickie...I just now popped back in. 

I am glad you didn't go back to the lake. You really need a break from there and away from all the crazy long weekend people.

Puttering around the house is good enough for today.

I walked outside but didn't stay too long. There were wasps all over the flower beds. I am very allergic. I do keep a EPI PEN with me at all times....I just didn't want to have to use it. I walked a little and that was enough too.

Have a good evening....more love and hugs...connie d

poegirl100
on 8/29/15 3:01 pm - Cibolo, TX

Oh good Lord.  Christie just called me crying and carrying on about how "it's starting again."  Meaning her mysterious pain from the ER last week.  I said, "You remember what the doctor said?  It's probably a muscle spasm.  You're supposed to put heat on it and take Advil."  Whoa!  Did she ever get MAD at me!  She claims she cannot even WALK the pain is so bad.  So can I please come over and get the boys and feed them supper?  Honestly.

I am perfectly happy here this afternoon unpacking boxes and sorting through photos and other things.  I do NOT want the boys here.  I have stuff scattered all over the house!  

I think I'm going to pack up sandwich fixin's and take them over to her house and feed the boys there.  I'm not up to babysitting them here tonight.  I don't want to babysit.  I want to be left alone!  Why is that so hard for everyone to understand???

Oh, well, this too shall pass.  Right?  Right.  Talk later.

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 8/29/15 8:17 am, edited 8/29/15 8:18 am

Oh Vickie...not again! I think it is a great idea....take them something to eat and please do not stay. You need your time and that is more important right now.

Chris needs to take better care of herself. I am sure she hasn't been doing everything the doctor suggested.

Sending prayers and love....I am here for you...connie d  

Ready2goNOW
on 8/29/15 6:38 pm

Hey Vickie!

I think if I was you my head would be swiveling around like Linda Blair in The Exorist w/my tongue hanging out!

Too much! I agree w/Connie...stop over to feed the boys & check on her and head back home ASAP!

I know exactly how you feel about wanting to be left alone. Given the cir****tances of the past year who wouldn't need down time. Geez! Don't feel whiny! I feel bad b/c I feel like I don't get a break from raising another child when Jim & I should be enjoying each other. we took care of his kids, my kids, took in my sick dad for over a year while visiting my sick mom an hour away. Then Jim's dad got sick w/cancer & we dealt w/that. We had Jazz through most of it...since 06 in our custody, but a lot before that.

I have one daughter who is so needy she calls every single night & wants to talk for over an hour. My middle one I hardly get to see b/c she works all the time, and I do see Jazz's mom pretty much the way I would expect a grown mother/daughter to see each other. But it seems like when it rains it pours & like this past week they are all going thru something and need support. Sometimes I just feel like saying 'Leave me the f alone!' Not nice, but there are days I am up to my ears & tired of trying to be there for everyone.

My point: take care of you! You are not alone!

And no, Jazz does not like to yard sale. She usually sleeps in.

Kathy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 378 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1177 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1184 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1122 views