on 9/2/15 4:04 pm

Well, here goes.  Deck photos. 

Cindy P.

seasheleyes
on 9/2/15 4:51 pm - Manteca, CA

Beautiful Cindy! Where is this?

Cindy P.
on 9/2/15 4:54 pm

The Oregon central coast.  We've been here since 2003 so we waited a longggg time to add a deck.  Now, we have no excuse not to wash the six windows that go across the west side of our house!

Cindy P.

seasheleyes
on 9/2/15 4:56 pm - Manteca, CA

You are living in my favorite spot...I absolutely love the Oregon coastline, especially where the redwoods meet the sea! I'm in California kind of close to San Francisco. 

Cindy P.
on 9/2/15 6:17 pm

We are native Californians.  I was born in SF -- hubby born in San Jose.

We love the shoreline.  Have you ever been to Depoe Bay?  That's not far from us.  They have a sea wall right in the midst of town there and the waves crash against it and the sea sprays hundreds of feet into the air.  It's spectacular.

Cindy P.

seasheleyes
on 9/2/15 6:28 pm - Manteca, CA

I haven't been there.... Maybe when I'm well I'll take a road trip!

Connie D.
on 9/2/15 6:20 pm

Hi Cindy....WOW...do you have a view!!!!  I would be on that deck every day jus****ching the water!!

You are so blessed!!

Love and more hugs...connie d

Cindy P.
on 9/2/15 6:30 pm

Connie, we do feel fortunate to live near the ocean.  Our house is a good football field and a half from the sand (if you climbed down the hill and jumped off the cliff).  When we bought our lot, it was so full of trees you couldn't even see the ocean.  And, the green roofed house that you can see between us and the ocean wasn't there.  There is a pathway down to the sand that's the equivalent of a good 5 blocks away.  I can't make it down there any more because of my hips and knees.  Once, after we first moved here, hubby and I decided to walk down to the beach and then we walked the beach for a long ways.  It was kind of windy.  When we turned back and walked headlong into the wind, we were shocked to feel the stinging on our faces as we were pelted with tiny grains of sand.  The Oregon surf is frigid and the local surfers wear wet suits year round.

For me, I enjoy looking at the water and smelling the sea air the most -- and not being on the beach so much. 

I grew up in California and can remember the Santa Cruz beach as having rotten sea weed all over it.  I don't know whether the water is too cold or what but we don't really have sea weed here.

Cindy P.

Ready2goNOW
on 9/2/15 7:47 pm

WOW Cindy! You have a million dollar view! I AM SO JEALOUS! I would be on that deck day & night. I loved our back deck when we lived in the country as we had a small clearing for the pool, but the rest was wooded. I could go out back naked & not scare a soul!

Our front porch faced a skinny rural road (think Amish) w/ protected woodlands across the street. The parade of wildlife was amazing...especially the deer! Plus we could hear the frogs chirping all night in the summer.

But I am finding I really need to be near the ocean. The water is good for my soul! I enjoy being in the water...ocean as well as laying in the sand. I would love it there...the deck, house, ocean all look beautiful! You will need to update us when you get your furniture set up...that will really make the deck pop!

Kathy

Cindy P.
on 9/3/15 7:37 pm

Kathy, we enjoy being near the ocean -- love the fresh air that comes off the sea.  The Pacific Ocean off our coastline is frigid.  It's just too cold to swim in and even dipping your toes in is just about too much.  I like standing on the beach and hearing the mightiness of the sea waves -- but I don't like getting sand on me. 

We probably won't buy deck furniture until next year as the wet season is almost upon us.  But, we are window shopping so we can figure out what we want. 

Cindy P.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1116 views