It's a gloomy Tuesday in Chicago Land

carlak
on 9/29/15 6:08 am - Bradenton, FL

Hi There,

Its a very gloomy day in Chicago Land! The sun isn't shining, my car still isn't fixed and is at a second mechanic my cousin recommended. I am hoping they find the problem a fix it fast!

My friends are going back to Colorado today!

Im getting ready to see the surgeon on Friday. I had to watch five videos about gastric bypass! Now I have seen them before! I'm supposed to go to a support group but I'm not sure where they are or when.

I did go to my Drs support group in Florida before I left so I'm hoping that counts!!!

Anyway I'm all partied out! If my car was working I'd go to Michigan and see my friend for a day.

But without a car I'm kind of stuck, unless I rent a car.

My little great nephew turned four yesterday. We had a party for him at the park. My Vinnie loves the park!

She claimed the climbing wall they have for kids. So cute!

Well the coffee pot is calling me! I need to buy my daughter a Keurig! I miss mine

msybe it's time to go home!!!

Carla

image hosting site

lightswitch
on 9/29/15 6:47 am

Carla and Ladies,

It is gloomy here today too. This morning, on my way to work, I looked up and saw the moon so big and white and it was already daylight but the sun was blocked by a few clouds.  Anyway, today I am meeting with a couple of graduate students who want to be my research assistants and since the university has allowed me one research assistant, I get to choose.  Both are more than qualified and it will boil down to who nails the interview; however, I may go ahead and request funding for the runner up to get a funded position in my center. 

other than that, it's business as usual.   The oak mold is killing my eyes and the cedar trees are killing my nose.  The story of my life.  ARGH!!!

Ladies, have a good day.

Cindy P.
on 9/29/15 7:26 am

Jeannie, good morning.  I'm sure your interviews with the graduate students will go well.  I'm sorry your allergies are flaring up.  Hubby has allergy problems.  When I was a kid, I did too but I must have outgrown them because I'm not bothered by pollens and such any more. 

Have a good day.

Cindy P.

Connie D.
on 9/29/15 3:45 pm

Hello my dear friend Jeannie. 

Off to work you go....you remind me of snow white and the seven dwarfs. You are in charge and several people need you in many direction...usually at once!!!

I hope you can manage to get one research assistant and also to get funding for the other person as well. If anyone can do it you can!!

The molds and things seem to be bad all over. My eyes are watery and my nose runs constantly. I am taking my meds but they aren't helping much! I hope you get some relief soon!

I love you...hugs....connie d

Cindy P.
on 9/29/15 7:23 am

Carla, I thought your car was fixed (radio/battery)!  I'm sorry you are experiencing another issue with it.  Car troubles are the worst.

I hope your surgical appointment on Friday goes well.  The fact that you attended a support group in Florida before you left should count.  I hope it does.

Enjoy your day.

Cindy P.

Cindy P.
on 9/29/15 7:29 am

Good Morning!  I was awake some but slept some too.  I'll take it! 

Got up early to give our dog his meds, feed him, and let him out to go potty.  Getting ready to take a shower.  I have a dr. appt. with a new PCP today.  Hope I feel comfortable with her.  Today is a busy day.  Appointments at 10 a.m., 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.  After that, we may have to take a nap.

I wish you all a good day.

Cindy P.

Connie D.
on 9/29/15 2:49 pm

Hello my dear Cindy....at least you did get some sleep last night...I agree ...take it!!

You are crazy busy with appointments today!! I hope you had time to grab some lunch or at least a cold drink somewhere! I will be waiting to see what you think of your new PCP. 

I got home from running errands with my driver, Fran. Tuesday is my favorite day. I hate all the running around, but Fran is a gem!! We always enjoy that time together. She makes me laugh and I am so happy about that. I need some good in person kind of laughs now and then.

I will check in with you later. I feel like napping too but I won't anymore as it is 4:45 already! 

Hope your day went well!! 

I love you...HUGS....connie d

Connie D.
on 9/29/15 4:33 pm

Hello everyone......

I am tired so this will be quick. I had my errand lady, Fran with me today. We had a nice time. She is so kind to me. 

We ran a couple errands and then to the grocery store. They had some really good deals in the meat department. You could pick out 5 different kinds of meat (certain ones of course but all great choices) for $19.95. I have bought these deals before. Great cuts of meat. Then if you spent a total of $50 including the $19.95 you got an additional $10 off you total....SCORE!! I got an additional $10 off my $20 order at the drugstore too! I love good deals!!!!

That is about it for my day. I walked some and now I need to make dinner. Then nothing...movies and rest!!

Prayers for all our special OFF Family and their families. 

Have a good evening....love and hugs to all....connie d

Ready2goNOW
on 9/29/15 9:19 am

Good Morning Ladies!

I guess it is actually noon...I am getting off to a very late and lazy start!

I have fooled around on the computer for hours now...some legitimate like emailing Jazz's teachers, but most of it on FB. I love FB for staying in touch and updated, but I do allow it to be too time consuming. Need to break the habit again!

I started my liquid diet yesterday and really had no problem...yet. Knock on wood! I was expecting a lot of hunger, cravings and resentment I could not eat with my family. Didn't happen. I did pee all day long...don't know if it is all the liquids or a UTI. We'll see how day 2 goes...

Was supposed to go over my mother in law's to help her organize her online pictures, but Jim got called in for his pain management appointment he had to cancel last week.

Carla, I absolutely hate being without my car! I hope they figure it out soon. At least it didn't break down on the way out there.

Cindy, I also hate having more than one appointment a day! sometimes they get in my way of doing absolutely nothing...like wasting time on FB...lol! I still need daily naps and I hate that, too. Low energy. So don't feel bad if you need one after all that running around!

Jeannie, good luck with the interviewing. I miss that part of my job. LOVED meeting new ppl who had a zest for learning and moving forward.

I am going to get some jello now. All have a good day b/c I am dragging...lack of real food?

ArleneG
on 9/29/15 1:18 pm

Best to you on your pre WLS diet. Is yours strictly a liquid diet? Or are you allowed small meals with 4 oz. of protein and a vegetable also. We understand what you are going through, we have all been there. It is difficult, but you will make it.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 389 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1190 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1198 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views