It's Thursday I think!!!

carlak
on 10/28/15 11:40 pm - Bradenton, FL

Guess what? I got home at midnight! It wasn't fast enough! I drive the last 479 miles! Carl got pulled over for weaving lanes! I told him to stay in his lane! Several times his vision is getting horrible! Thank god he wasn't ticketed! I told the officer that I would drive the test of the way.

I can't let him drive anymore! He can't freaking see!

His macular degeneration is getting worse!

Im getting more pissed at him!

Anyway I'm supposed to go to Ocala on Saturday but I'm to tired to get in the car again to drive 135 miles to stitch with my buddies. So I decided to not go. I need to chill at home.

Well sleep is calling me!

Talk in I'll check back later.

Carla

image hosting site

cindibarre
on 10/29/15 7:19 am - Danforth, ME

Good morning Carla and OFF-

Glad to see you made it home okay. Your husband driving at night with macular scares me. My mother has macular. The first thing she gave up was driving at night.

Well I didn't make it to Beaumont yesterday. I texted my young firefighter friend about having lunch with me. Found out she was in hospital with high BP. So went and sat with her until they discharged her. Made her make the follow up doctors appointments. She's got a lot on her plate and I think the stress is finally getting to her. Anyway, came home and taught a water fitness class last night.

So today I will try Beaumont again.

Connie hope your test goes easily today. Cindy P hope the weather has cleared up so they can finish roof repairs. Trish hope the class last night didn't wear you out. Eileen looks like World Series was tamer last night. Kathy chew, chew, chew and sip, sip, sip, plus walk, walk, walk followed by nap, nap,nap. Vickie I think you said the junk man was coming to lake house today so thinking of you!

Hugs and thoughts to everyone else!

Cindi B

Connie D.
on 10/29/15 7:53 am

Hello Cindi.....that was nice of you to go sit with your friend yesterday. I am sure she appreciated that. I hope she can get her PB back down again. Good thing she made her appointment right away!

You teach water fitness classes.....how did I miss that!! You're are a very busy gal!!

So far the prep is okay. I think it is better because I have been eating lighter. I was up a few more pounds at my last doctor visit. I wasn't surprised!!! I lost them again but I still have about 20 to go!!!! Wish me luck!!

Have a great rest of the day....love you...hugs....connie d

Connie D.
on 10/29/15 8:08 am

Hello everyone....

I need to get in the shower soon and get ready to go for my test. I am doing okay. I will just be glad when this is over. I am tired of feel like this! Fran will be here to pick me up in about an hour.

Jamie said, Gracie wants to be a BURGLAR for Halloween. She has a plan!! That girl always amuses me!!! I can't wait to see her in costume!!

I better go and try to get ready. I hope all is well with everyone.

Prayers for our loving OFF Family and their families. Special prayers for those in need. I love you all!!!!

Thanks to all that have been wishing me well with my test.

Lots of love and oodles of hugs....connie d

Cindy P.
on 10/29/15 2:29 pm

Connie: I've been thinking of you all day. Hoping your test is over now and you can have some real food to eat.

Gentle hugs to you my friend.

Cindy P.

Connie D.
on 10/29/15 5:22 pm

Hello Cindy....yes I am feeling better...what a lousy two days!!

Glad I don't need that done again for a long time...5 years!!

I was nauseous until about an hour ago. I am sipping chicken broth. I ate some turkey but that didn't set real well. I am sticking with broth and jello tonight!! Tomorrow I hope to have a better meal!

Thanks for keeping in contact with me. It means a lot.

Have a good evening...love you...hugs....connie d

Cindy P.
on 10/29/15 2:20 pm

Cindi B.: Well there was a slight break in the wet weather today -- but not enough for the roofing company to make the 3 hour roundtrip drive here and back and work on the continuing repairs. I guess we're going to have to wait for a couple of sunny days for them to make it back here.

Good for you for teaching a water fitness class last night. How did it feel to get back to doing that? I bet it was fun yet exhausting.

Hope your young firefighter friend is doing OK now with her blood pressure. She's in a pressure cooker of a job that's for sure. I wish her well.

Cindy P.

Connie D.
on 10/29/15 7:40 am

Good morning Carla...

I agree...your husband should not be driving. If he doesn't care about his life he should care about the other person he could kill. I had to give up my car because I couldn't always think clearly. I made the decision myself. I couldn't live with myself if I harmed anyone else. Time for Carl's doctor to cut him off from driving. If not for himself then for you and everyone else!

I think you made the wise choice to take the weekend off and stay and relax. You have had a busy few weeks.

Have a good sleep...love and hugs....connie d

lightswitch
on 10/29/15 10:13 am

Hello Carla and Ladies,

I am working from home today. The oak trees are killing me, and with all the coughing, sneezing, and running nose crap on top of hives and now my lips are swelling, I just had to hide behind closed doors.

Carla, I agree with the others who think it is time for Carl to quit driving at night. My DH, even with his transplants, cannot see to drive at night. The oncoming traffic lights kill him, so we both decided, years ago, that I will be the driver of our family. On the rare occasions when he does drive, he does so only during the day.

It is so nice being home and even though I am working, I can still sit around in my gown and put my feet up and fuss at the cats. I finally got the results of my EMG test and it is pretty much what I thought, the MS has caused some significant pathological changes in the nerves to my legs and feet and to my neck and ears. Of course, I know the flare up is over and hopefully I won't have another one for many years so maybe this is as bad as it is gonna get.

I got a strange call from my allergist today. Honestly, he called to tell me that during the last round of allergy testing--it was for food allergies--they noticed that I responded to a particular protein and they were wanting to let me know that I should have some more test. It seems as though, I should be reacting to seafood...you know, violently reacting. I told him that I just ate shrimp last night and I am fine other than the oak mold bothering me. I swear, if I get one more thing that I love and that I cannot eat, I am going to blow a fuse. The doctor said, well, to be on the safe side, avoid shrimp until we get to the bottom of this...great...I am making Vic's shrimp soup for dinner....tomorrow, I will avoid the shrimp. LOL You would think by now that I would have had a major reaction....silly doctor.

Ladies, I hope you have a good Thursday...I am going to get back to emailing students and hope that my running nose stops long enough for me to take a nap...there's nothing worse than trying to nap with a running nose, which then becomes a stopped up nose.

Cindy P.
on 10/29/15 2:24 pm

Jeannie: I so hope you aren't forced to give up yet another thing you love due to allergies or other health issues. I'll be thinking positive thoughts and praying for you.

Oh, I hate trying to sleep with a stopped up nose. It makes it very difficult to get any rest when that happens.

I'm glad you're enjoying your work-from-home day.

Cindy P.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 389 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1190 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1198 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views