Wednesday it is!!

carlak
on 11/11/15 4:32 am - Bradenton, FL

Hello!

I had my coffee! I'm happy for the minute!!

Going to see my weight loss dr here in Florida. Going for a weight check and to show her the pictures of my endoscopy from up North. 

I have to have weight checks every month.

Talk in. I need to go gas up my crazy car!

Carla

image hosting site

Eileen Briesch
on 11/11/15 8:18 am - Evansville, IN

Hi Carla and my OFF family:

Not much going on around here. Finishing up my coffee and then going to Y. It's warming up a bit today, nearly 60 already, although we're supposed to get rain later. 

My computer is possessed ... every time I type something, it goes to cut/paste. 

Gary has a physical for his new job this morning. I thought I had my physical yesterday, but it was my 4-month recheck because I'm on painkillers. Anyway the good news was my b/p was 110/68.

I should get going anyway. Have a good day.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Mary Gee
on 11/11/15 9:17 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Good Morning Ladies....

Doctors, doctors....there always seems to be doctors' appointments looming over us.  I see my PCP on Friday, and next week I see the psychologist he referred me to - young smiley faced girl who is just too 'happy happy' for me.  I mean it's beyond cheerful, but have to follow PCP's orders.  

Wet and chilly and windy today, and the same tomorrow.  There's a "Northeaster" off the shore, so we're just getting a bit of the 'edge' of the storm - so it's not too bad.  Went out to the store to pick up some half-and-half.  I seem to run out of it fast - when I'm bored I make some coffee during the morning and afternoon, and switch to tea in the evening.  Also picked up some yogurt. I had been making it myself, but it doesn't come out right unless I use whole milk.  If I use 1% or 2% milk, or Almond Breeze or Silk, the yogurt comes out very watery -- 1/4 yogurt and 3/4 whey. Ugh!

Hope everyone is doing ok - and prayers for those who are struggling and/or in pain - sending good wishes to all.

Mary 

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Mary Gee
on 11/11/15 11:52 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

UGH!!  Haste makes waste.  I just spent the last 20 minutes getting myself up off the floor.....I tripped either on the dog's leash or on my shoelaces that the dog untied on me.  Went flying forward - tried to break my fall by reaching forward toward the hutch, but I was too far away from it so down I went.  I was rushing because I had a sudden urge to pee and was headed for the bathroom. Luckily, just banged my thumb and right shoulder and knee......no sprains or broken bones.  Then the tricky part -- getting up!  Had to wiggle on my bum to get over to the couch, then after some twisting and turning, I managed to get turned around so I could use the couch to lean on, and to grab onto for leverage to push/pull myself up.  I can't imagine the pain Connie has felt in the past when she took a tumble or two outside on a sidewalk.  

I am so careful when I take the dog out because I have four steps to go down outside - I'm always afraid of falling - there's no handrail (another project that needs to be done - I have a wrought iron handrail but a special drill is needed to install it).  I've been thinking of snow and ice and now that I've actually taken a spill, I need to have it taken care of.

Mary

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Eileen Briesch
on 11/11/15 1:04 pm - Evansville, IN

Oh, Mary, I know how you feel. I am such a klutz and fall so easily. I was so worried today when I had to use the regular woman's locker room instead of the family dressing rooms ... had to walk through the wet shower room to get to the pool. Such an easy way to fall there even with a cane. Be careful!

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Ready2goNOW
on 11/11/15 2:50 pm

Good Evening Ladies!

Sure has slowed down here the past few days! So thanks to Carla for starting the thread, and Eileen and Mary for following up.

I met with the bariatric nurse at the dieticians office this morning. She seemed happy with my weight loss since surgery, but encouraged me to drink more. I have been bad about that! She thinks it may have something to do with me still being low energy...we'll see. I am thinking it is in part due to depression..I truly hate these dark, dreary days plus I am anxious to find a job. but I have been procrastinating the past couple days about making calls...sigh! Gotta get my butt in gear!

Eileen, you manage to keep busy despite the pain and fatigue. I need to keep pushing like you!

Mary, sorry about your fall. I have done that where I have had to crawl to the bed or sofa to pull myself up. I hope you'll be okay tomorrow as that is usually when the pain sets in. Ugh!

I hope everyone is okay...I worry about Connie. And didn't Vickie promise us a follow-up on her story about going to Waco?

Kathy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 389 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1190 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1198 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views