Tuesday It Is!

carlak
on 11/16/15 9:11 pm - Bradenton, FL

Hi It's past midnight so I  thought well I'll start us out!!!

Inernt to have blows drawn yesterday morning and after two tries they said come back tomorrow!!! My veins wouldn't produce!! I hope they work today! I see my Dr tomorrow. If they don't I'll postpone the appointment till I get back from Chicago.

We r supposed to go to My cousins for Thanksgiving. I really don't want to be around all that food. It makes me crazy! I can only eat about four bites and I'm done!! So why bother. I'm not in the mood for holidays!!

What are your plans for Turkey day???

Enlighten me!!!

Carla

image hosting site

Patricia R.
on 11/16/15 11:56 pm - Perry, MI

Hi Carla,

I can't sleep at all. 

I'm going to Colleen's Thanksgiving. I doubt she'll let me help cook, because of my foot. I usually make the gravy and cranberry sauce. Since I have a knee walker, I'll be able to cook easier than without it. Plus, I can start the gravy at my house, and she would just have to add the drippings, and simmer and stir it so it can thicken up again. I don't dare try to help in her kitchen. She gets rattled when I try because we run into each other. Her kitchen isn't as small as mine, but she grew up with a ginormous kitchen in our house. 

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Connie D.
on 11/17/15 3:41 pm

Hi Trish....just popping in to say hi....I chatted enough on your Christmas Card post!!

I have this picture in my mind of you wheeling around on your knee walker. Watch your speed. Better get a horn and some streamers!! Colleen would not be happy if you crashed into her!!

Love you sweetie....HUGS....connie d

seasheleyes
on 11/17/15 1:08 am - Manteca, CA

Hi Carla and Pat,

I am going to a musical at the Gallo Center tonight. A friend had an extra ticket for "Elf" so I'm thrilled to go with her! I am up late because I am a night owl, but I can sleep in tomorrow so I enjoy staying up when it is quiet. 

We will spend Thanksgiving in Chico with my husband's three brothers and wives and all of our adult children that live close enough to get there. We have a three hour drive one way so we are bringing dessert and wine. Christmas will be at our house because it is a bit more centrally located plus I am the queen of Christmas decorating. I also do a fun thing for the adult kids called the pickle game. 

We will also have my side of the family here this year for Christmas but on a different day. My daughter is in her new house across the street so part of our dinner/celebration will be there. She wants everyone to see her house. 

It is hard to believe that we are so close to Thanksgiving. The year has flown by... 

Julia

Connie D.
on 11/17/15 3:57 pm

Hi Julia....it sounds like you have some wonderful holidays ahead. It is nice that your family is so close. Enjoy!!!!

Love and hugs....connie d

Cindy P.
on 11/17/15 2:14 am

Hello, everyone.

I tried to make reservations for dinner at our favorite local restaurant but their reservation list is full.  So, not sure what we'll do this year.

Here it is a little after 2 a.m. and I'm awake.  Oh, well .  My sleep study is later this week.

we've had one storm after another -- lots of rain which is good because we need it.  The ground is saturated. 

Hubby and I have doctor appointments this morning.  I got my broken temporary crown replaced yesterday.  Boy, was I glad for that as my tooth was aching. 

I've had trouble getting on OFF for a couple of days.  Must have had website issues. 

I hope you are getting some good sleep as I sit here and write.  I think I will try sleeping in a little bit.

Have a good day.  Hugs and kisses.

Cindy P. 

Connie D.
on 11/17/15 3:38 pm

Hi Cindy....we have just been texting so I don't need to repeat myself. I love our texting and appreciate that you are always so sweet and kind!! We have become such great friends!

Have a good evening....I love you!!!

HUGS.....connie d

Mary Gee
on 11/17/15 4:41 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Good Early Morning Ladies!!  Was surprised to see so much activity so early.....

I posted my plans yesterday - going to my daughter's house, so it will be me, Maura, Taylor, and Maura's boyfriend Joe and their "roommate" Russ.  Might even get to sit at the table for dinner. They usually eat on tv trays in the living room - as do I.  I'm looking forward to helping Maura and, of course, we'll let Taylor "help" too - she's five and she always helps me cook when she comes over to my place.

Today I'm driving my friend to an appointment near Boston -- don't like driving in the City, but she is in her mid 70s and doesn't do much driving any more - she limits herself to driving to the grocery store and bank, and for medical appointments she has a medical van drive her, which is a good idea.  

I was up earlier and treated myself to a "manicure" -- I usually just put a coat of nail polish on and that's it - and within a few days it's chipped.  So I did the whole nine yards this morning - two base coats, two coats of color, and the top coat.  Looks great - will see how long it lasts.

Gotta go - hope everyone has a good day.  Good Wishes to all.

Mary

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Connie D.
on 11/17/15 3:28 pm

Hello Mary....I am sure your nails look lovely!! My granddaugher, Amanda gave me the best pedicure when she was here. She always make sure my toes are red and pretty!! She wanted to do a manicure but I hurt too bad. I need to do them in the next couple days. I hate chipped and worn down nails!

I love you my precious friend....hugs...connie d 

cindibarre
on 11/17/15 8:44 am - Danforth, ME

Good morning Carla and OFF-

All of you night owls have been busy.  I'm going to my Texas family for Thanksgiving.  It's a 3 hour drive and a food feast galore.  Usually Texas BBQ and Turkey along with all sorts of grazing food.  Tomorrow I'm going to a Thanksgiving potluck at the health center where I teach water fitness.  I'm going to make a cranberry jello mold.

Ive been reading about everyone but not posting.  I've been busy selling the RV, the sleepnumber bed in the RV and supervising the building of a toolshed in backyard.  Now I can move all the toolshed boxes out of the quilt room into the toolshed.  Also built a computer desk for my office.  Today during the rain storms I'll build the book case I bought.

This weekend is the Broadway weekend.  Novembers show is Phantom of the Opera.  I saw this in London but I'm looking forward to getting dressed up and seeing it again.

Thinking about all of you with your various troubles.  Hope things will go better I. The coming weeks.

Cindi B

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 389 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1190 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1198 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views