Merry Christmas from the Jewish Girl!!

carlak
on 12/25/15 2:39 am - Bradenton, FL

Good Morning!!

im still in the hospital. I'll be going home today! Hopefully I will able to sleep!

I hope everyone's day is going well.

Ill check up on you all later.

Carla

image hosting site

Ready2goNOW
on 12/25/15 5:40 am

Good Morning Carla & all the ladies to follow!

Carla, glad your surgery went well with no complications and you are scheduled to be released today. It is always a relief to get through surgeries at our age safely. Enjoy your day & get some sleep!

We celebrate Christmas with my girls on Christmas Eve...a long-standing tradition from when I was married to their dad. In the past 15 years or so not all 3 could make it...boyfriends and other plans often took presidence. But last night they all came for dinner (Eggface's Ricotta Bake, salad and Italian bread) and loads of goodies Jim had baked (and eaten a lot of...lol). They are asleep throughout the house as I type this at 8:30 this morning! We will go to my sister's later for dinner. They were so generous as usual...my youngest actually shopped for my taste in clothing and bought each item in 2 different sizes so I could see what fit best. My middle daughter spends money on me like she's Rockefeller! And Kelly does the best she can. It was wonderful!

With the loss of so many special ones in our lives this year I was thinking of 'our family' here and how special we are to each other in various ways. We may be hurting due to our losses old & new, but we have created our new family here. I miss when I can't check in. I love you all!

Jeannie & Vickie, have been reading your 'daughter' posts and can relate despite having a good Christmas so far. I always have 'drama' off & on with one of my kids or the other, and like you both feel so aggravated yet helpless when situations occur. I hope things can settle down for all of us!

I have to sign off...Jim is now up, but wanted to stop in before another day got away from me. I hope today brings some peace and maybe joy to all of us.

Love to all!

Kathy

Connie D.
on 12/25/15 5:23 pm

Hello Kathy...I am late tonight...it sounds like you had a wonderful family Christmas. All those nice new clothes!!! You will be styling!!

Eggface's Ricotta Bake is so wonderful....YUM!!  I a sure everyone enjoyed it very much!!!

We are a very special family here on OFF. I can't imagine where I would be without all of you wonderful ladies!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

I love you Kathy....HUGS....connie d

lightswitch
on 12/25/15 6:17 am

Merry Christmas to my Jewish friend and all those who will follow,

My phone rang at 7 this morning with my grandkids telling me all the things Santa had brought them and they wanted to know what time I was coming to pick them up.  

I haven't even made coffee yet so as soon as I finish this post, I'm headed to the coffee pot. I am also making some homemade oatmeal with raisins and prunes...you would think since we eat so much vegetables that we would never need a prune in our lives but I think with all the soy that I use, maybe, we are not as regular as we once were...or maybe it's the lack of fat...who knows but every other day I make long cooking oats with prunes and raisins and toasted walnuts and it works like a charm.  

Well, I better get the coffee brewing.  I know once the coffee hits the blood stream, I am going to go non-stop...

Ladies, have a Merry Christmas....

Vic, I know the kids will be there to keep you occupied but you know this is going to be hard so find a quiet place and go it when you are feeling overwhelmed.

Carla, I hope you get sprung today.

Connie D.
on 12/25/15 5:31 pm

Hello Jeannie....MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Isn't wonderful when the grandchildren are the first ones to call and talk about the gifts they received!! I am sure they are anxious for you to get there to pick them up!!! I hope you managed to get that coffee in shortly after the call!! 

My Gracie called at 8:00 AM not quite as early as yours....I was waking up....kind of half and half!! The rest called off and on throughout the day. Gracie is loving her phone!!

Much love and hugs to you.....connie d

poegirl100
on 12/25/15 6:25 am - Cibolo, TX

Merry Christmas everyone, and thank you Carla for the sweet greeting!

Carla, I'm glad you get to go home today!  I hope your recovery is swift and uneventful.  So glad the doctor got all that nasty mesh out of there!  No wonder you didn't feel well!

Kathy, good to hear from you this morning and so glad all your girls were able to come home for Christmas!  

Our Christmas Eve was okay.  Mike and Chris were both pretty much exhausted by the time they got here.  Who shops at Hobby Lobby on Christmas Eve?  I will never understand it.  Chris said when they finally locked the doors at 5 p.m. there were still a bunch of people in the store that hadn't checked out yet.  And some lady stood there outside the locked doors asking to be let in.  I don't get it. 

Anyway, the parents were tired, and the grandmother was tired and the aunt was tired . . . you get the picture.  The boys were wired though.  We had dinner and the boys opened their Christmas Eve boxes.  The pajamas fit!  Well, Budder's pajama pants were a little big.  I tried to account for him wearing a diaper and I may have overcompensated a bit.  I told Chris I can take them in easily enough.  But the length was good and the pj tops fit fine.  I tried to get a picture of the boys in their new jammies in front of the tree but no one would cooperate!  

We're supposed to be headed over to Chris's house right now, but we're all still sleeping and in bed.  I tried to tell Chris we didn't want to do that, but she and I are on such tenuous ground right now anyway, and Mom and Carrie are such BIG COWARDS!  Nobody wanted to incur the "wrath of Christie".  She wanted us to come to watch the boys open Santa Claus and eat breakfast at 7 a.m.  Well, it's now 8:20 a.m. and we haven't left here yet.  I'm sorry, but I did my time of being up at the crack of dawn for Christmas day.  I just want to sleep in and be relaxed and casual.

Well, anyway, we'll leave here in a minute.  Everyone is headed back over to my house this afternoon so we can open our family presents.  I'll cook dinner (turkey breast, ham, mashed potatoes, black eyed peas and rolls) for us all this evening.  

I love you all so much!  Merry Christmas to our special little OFF family!

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 12/25/15 6:07 pm

Hello Vickie....I never understand why people wait until the last minute to shop....maybe she just got paid...who knows!

I am sure by the time Mike and Chris got off work the boys were getting pretty tired out....except for Budder...LOL!!  I am sure the PJs turned out great!!

I am glad you all had a chance to sleep in....I am sure you needed it!  I a sure the boys were okay with waiting for you for a little while.

I am sure everyone enjoyed the gifts and the yummy dinner too!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I love you my dear friend!!

Many hugs and lots of love....connie d

ArleneG
on 12/25/15 6:26 am

Merry Christmas everyone. Have a wonderful day! Tomorrow my daughter is leaving and it is back to reality. Loved having her here for the week.

Oh boy, did we celebrate Christmas Eve at Carla's house. They made so much food, from pepperoni bread to pigs in a blanket, chips and dip, crackers and cheese, buffalo wings, you get the drift. My pants are tight today and we have one more day to chomp chomp chomp.

I start eating clean on Saturday.

Kathy, I give you all the credit in the world for staying on plan during the Christmas holidays. Although this day will be bittersweet for you, remember that your brother is watching down from Heaven.

Vicki, I hope you have the happiest of days with your family and there is no drama today. You too are in pain and your beloved is looking down from Heaven. Love you, my friend.

Carla, sorry you are in the hospital on Christmas. Hope you are able to celebrate.

Connie, hope you have a happy day filled with joy, love and less pain.

Everyone else, I am sending the best wishes for a very Merry Christmas. God bless you all on this holiest of days.

Love, Arlene

Connie D.
on 12/25/15 6:19 pm

Hello Arlene....MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!! JESUS is the REASON for the SEASON!!!!

I am so glad you had such a great time with your daughter!! Sorry she has to leave so soon. 

I had a wonderful day with my daughter!!! I hated that she had to head home too. She is so good to me!! 

Love and many hugs to you....connie d

Ready2goNOW
on 12/25/15 9:10 pm

Arlene,

I have been off plan for almost a week snacking on cookies and fudge! I have been at 1200 calories/day on average since Monday and I am disgusted with myself...ugh!

We host Jim's family Sunday so I hope I can return to my plan Monday. I don't plan to be bad until then...just being realistic.

Kathy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 389 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1190 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1198 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views