TGIF! Sun is shining here in NJ this a.m.

Laureen S.
on 5/20/16 3:34 am - Maple Shade, NJ

So I am starting us up for the 2nd day in a row, I am an early riser and I think because I am east coast probably up earlier than the rest of you. . .

Yesterday was a pretty good day, the sun made it's appearance and what a difference that makes, sadly we are going to have a totally rainy weekend, which means I will have to figure out how to accomplish my grandma duties with Juni, as my daughter, Angela and her husband, Rich are moving into their new home this weekend and I have grandma duties, but because of the dogs, can't bring Juni here, as her parents are nervous about the breed and size of my dogs (Rottweilers), I get it and will honor their wishes, as Juni is almost 9 months old and well, better safe than sorry, as she crawls all over the place now. . .  probably take her mall walking and then figure something out.  Oh and my daughter got a job at a local hospital on the cardiac and neuro unit, she is a nurse and transferred up here last year from Florida, where she was a nurse in oncology for 4 years and a AMA for one year, which she hated, she said she prefers dealing with patient care and loves nursing, she actually won a Daisy award her 2nd or 3rd year which is a nationally recognized award for nursing.

Anyway, I had a good food day yesterday, got about 8,000 steps in and today have a plan that includes an omelet made with asparagus, a salad and some tortoleni and dinner will be the question mark for now, snacks to include fruit and nuts and possibly low fat cheese.

Wishing you all a very good day!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

lightswitch
on 5/20/16 5:04 am

Hey Laureen,

I am mostly and around early too.  We had to make a late run down the mountain (2 hours one way) to pick up our grandkids. They called and said school was over for the summer and they are already bored so I ran picked them up.We didn't get home until after midnight and I was exhausted.  The girl is going to work with me and the boy with my DH.

Breakfast today is loaded oatmeal. Snack cucumbers and bell peppers. 

Lunch will be tuna salad on crackers. 

Dinner...since the grands are here, cheese pizza.  I will go with the cheese. LOL.

Gotta get up and around.  

Ladies, eat smart, move smart, and meditate....Give your body a nice few minutes rest.  

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/16 6:09 am

Good morning ladies

Unlike Laureen's day yesterday we had storms.  AGAIN.  BUT....it did cool things off.  We were actually back in the high 60's low 70's.  I think it is supposed to be cool today as well and then back up for the weekend but sunny.

Braved the storm yesterday and went to the senior community center for line dancing.  They converted the old library into a senior center and offer a variety of programs for adults 55 and over.  The beginning line dance class is a faster paced class than most beginner classes which is great for me.  I get bored easy. 

I am on my way to the Y for my last class with my personal trainer.  I feel competent to use the machines on my own but I will probably not do many of the weight lifting moves he taught me because I am afraid to do them without a spotter.  My hubby offered to spot me but we don't always work well together.  If he can be a spotter and not a supervisor, maybe.  He tends to like to supervise and I am not his employee. 

I am doing fine with my food plan but I still struggle to get in all the water I need.  I keep trying.  One day I will get there.

Yesterday I got in all my steps.  If it is cool this afternoon I will walk in the park.  That and my weight class today should get me to goal.  May try the yoga if I get done with the weights in time.

I guess that's it for me.

Jeannie enjoy your grandkids

Laureen enjoy your time with Juni

seasheleyes
on 5/20/16 1:37 pm - Manteca, CA

Heading to the grocery store in a few. I need more veggies and some fruit. I had tuna on a half slice of bread with pickles for lunch and snacked on watermelon. Tonight we are going to a friends house for dinner so I will try to eat healthy but allow for a splurge. Just being realistic.

Exercise for me will be gardening today. I'm slowly making a little outdoor fairy garden. I had fun at my jewelry class yesterday. We made a tree of life from wire and chain. I love doing those artistic tasks. I wish those kinds of activities burned more calories! 

You enjoy your Friday friends. I'm so glad to see your efforts here. Even if the pounds lost are elusive we are definitely doing our best not to gain.

Julia

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 378 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1176 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1183 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1122 views