Friday again... where are you guys..

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/9/16 10:01 am

I hope people are just busy before holidays...

I had my face lift on Nov 18th.. the recovery is slower that I wished... somehow my brain missed the memo "he is going to cut and stretch the face and neck tissues -  muscles and ligaments - so it is going to hurt - really hurt - can't swallow pain ...and then it may take weeks for full recovery.."  after words - while dealing with pain I was like "duh.. but of course it hurts so much - he peeled my face off - messed with my muscles and put it back together and then cut and fixed the skin... I am slowly healing.

2 weeks into the recovery my area wa**** with a tornado.. and my rental was damaged... more stress... -then my BF job situation is iffy - at best.. so add stress on that... 

Then last Monday I was rear ended.  I am mostly OK - but my back hurts now...and at least for a few days the swelling in my face and neck was double... whiplash... but.. on a good note - that is coming down... and since I drive SVU - and the car that hit me was a toyota- my car is still drivable (for now - but needs repairs) so I do';t need to worry about rental for the moment.. and the other party insurance is taking their time... as always they are.  They can't get hold of the insurer... so there is a hold up... 

in a mean time I saw my doc to assess possible neuro damage - for now - I am good ....

I lost more weight 9not eating) while recovering from the face lift.. so I am now at=my lowest after RNY... and app 10 lb below my personal goal weight. I am still not feeble or malnourished.. but I have been losing steadily.. even when I try not to. And i am dealing with that. I know i need to eat more... but there's more things going on.. I am trying to find out what. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

yvonnef1964
on 12/9/16 6:14 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Ive been around but dealing with demons in my life. I went to the Dr the other day. He increased my antidepressant to see if it will help me. He told me to use the SADD light for an hour and dont sit in the dark. He wasnt much help on the binge eating. He just said dont buy the stuff. I said i try and he like can someone else shop for you and i told him no. Just dont buy it. He said white stuff is poison and you dont put poison in your body. It didnt work when i went to the store but its gone now but it didnt taste as good as it sounded. Today i noticed i didnt eat as much. I actually got sick when i ate my yogurt. Maybe the meds are helping.

I hope everyone else is just busy.

Good luck in your recovery.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/9/16 6:28 pm

I know some people got help using vyanese for BED. And that really helped them. 

If it was easy not to buy stuff and not eat it because we know it is bad for us - most of us would not need WLS. 

Maybe just increasing the meds helps? Watch and see.. ..if not..Maybe it is time to shop for a new doc?

Hugs.. 

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Nancy B
on 12/11/16 12:46 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Hello, everyone:

I have been lurking irregularly..always enjoying Eileen's writing too. Suddenly it is two weeks before Christmas and I am at a loss. Just buying a few things for the girls...giving cheques for the boys..they need that more than socks.I am making 'memory boxes" for the girls and have to get to the Dutch store this week to get everyone's chocolate initial...a family custom...and the tiny ginger-nut cookies. It's all so commercialized these days and none of us fall prey to the social leverage of buying. For us, we enjoy being together...that is enough.

Derek showed up a few weeks ago with a 12 pound turkey he had found (Grade A) at TOPS at 48 cents a pound!  He was so proud and we all cheered..it's little things like that that we enjoy. Into the freezer it went, to be deep-fried for Christmas dinner! Each of us makes something for the meal...even the girls.

After my regular 3 month bloodwork, it has been determined that I am severely anemic...I will see the doc this week to find out what is next. It does explain the additional fatigue and my constant sense of being very cold regardless of how I am dressed.

We had our BROERSE FAMILY Christmas yesterday (Saturday) and I made homemade Dutch Pea Soup with Kielbasa  and fresh crock-pot bread. After soup, I stuck with the veggies and multigrain crackers and cheese, some fruit and avoided all of the candies and cakes. Of course, not one of my five sisters-in-law noticed that I have lost almost 40 pounds in this last year (especially given that we never see them) - well, I am not doing this to impress THEM!   pfffftt~

Today, Sunday, we are headed to Danny's place for dinner. I am making a ravioli casserole..heavy on lean ground beef, salsa, cheese and veggies. Yes, cheesecake for dessert but I always cut the pre-cut slices in half again, first.

Breakfast: hot chocolate protein drink

Lunch:      multigrain crackers, hard cheddar cheese and raw carrots

Snack:     yogurt

Dinner:    green tossed salad, casserole (avoiding the pasta)  and 3 bites of cheesecak

plus lots of tea and laughter.

I am at my lowest weight in years but bouncing up and down 2 pounds....of course, being out a lot, I cannot take my fluid pills (needed due to lymphodemic legs) on a regular basis. It's more PSYCHOLOGICAL for me, seeing the numbers. No one else will notice a 2 pound water gain on me but i KNOW it's there. BLECH!

Love and encouragement to all!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
H.A.L.A B.
on 12/11/16 1:28 pm

40 lbs is great. Congratulations!!! Job well done. 

As you said - your sisters don't see you often that's why they did not noticed  or if they did - may be they thought they remember you bigger than you are so they did not say anything. 

In a year I lost app 20 lbs.. And I personally only see that in my legs .. And feel it in my butt. My tailbone hurts. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 382 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1180 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1187 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1126 views