I Volunteer to Start Once a Week!

seasheleyes
on 7/31/17 11:11 am - Manteca, CA

Hi Everyone. I am noticing that when someone starts the thread others contribute, so I am promising to start it once a week. Maybe someone else will do the same. It is very easy, you just psh the button that says New Topic up above.

I read something about what to do if you eat too much at night. The simple tactic of planning something to do during that time period will help most. I guess the trick is to formalize your task or project or fun activity before the evening is here. So for tonight I am going to write my plan here. I have a book that I want to start, so my plan is that at 7:30 I am going to take my book outside to my hanging swing and I'll enjoy it.

I need to be in bed early tonight because I have a pre-op appointment at the hospital tomorrow morning at 7:30. They have to make sure that I have insurance and ability to pay...the most important part of course. The surgery is minor...just moving my brow up so I can see better. The scary part is that they cut above the hairline and peel the skin down to get to all of those muscles. Lord!

Hope your day is going well. I'm cleaning house so that I can relax after the surgery and not get hyper about anything messy.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/31/17 1:24 pm, edited 8/1/17 4:26 am

Ouch. I had eye lift surgery - no brow lift - they raised my muscles and then some skin on my eyelids. it really made a difference how I see things at night.

Good luck tomorrow.

My life is boring lately. Home - work - home .. rinse and repeat. Last weekend I had a crew helping with a deep house cleaning. The parts you usually do once every 6 months or so... Big house (relatively)- sooo much work. But things look good now. For at least 2 weeks no more spider webs in the inside and outside of the windows... fans are clean, and windows. Light bulbs..even the garage door...

But now I need a week or 2 to recover. Last weekend I either slept funny or twisted my back because my SI joints are off again. Since I had the accident late last year- I have been in pain. Things got so much better and then the pain is back. I hate that **** I am seriously considering a steroids shots again. They really helped last time. No one can blame the pain on my weight - I am at my lowest I like to be. I exercise (walk) so it is not lack of mobility.

But - it is what it is. Right?

My diet is good, and I no longer feel sorry for myself having so much diet limitations. Some people can eat what they want - I eat what I can. I have IBS and SIBO so if I eat the wrong foods not only I gain weight, but I also deal with a horrible gas. I don't like either one of those.

If you know some food cause horrible gas - why would you eat that? right? Unless I am trying to get even with someone. My partner is a great guy.. so there is no need to gas him... if he was not - I would not be with him, I am too valuable to waste my time of people who are not good to me.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

yvonnef1964
on 7/31/17 6:23 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

My binge eating is out of control. My weight is out of my comfort zone. This week I'm going to work on my diet this week. Today has been good so far.

My brother gave me their theater tickets since my sil has liver cancer and she didn't want to be exposed to many people. It was good.

Have a good night

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/1/17 12:06 pm

Yvonne.

Sorry to hear your binge eating is out of control. Is there a reason for that? extra stress?

do you have a therapist to talk to? How about meds?

I do occasionally have issues with binging, but most of the time I can control that. There is some food I can't be around- because I would have it, even if I get sick after eating that. Best way for me is not to have it at home.

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

yvonnef1964
on 8/1/17 7:15 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hala

I didn't think I was stress until I was talking with a friend about another friend of mine that is too needy of me. I just found a counseling center that specialized in bariatics, eating disorders and mood that takes my insurance. I'm going to contact them when I get back from my mini vacation next week. Yesterday and today I've been doing good even when I went to the grocery store. Just looked and said I don't need it. I even put protein bars back. Hoping for a successful week.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/2/17 5:15 am

Great. Stress make us do things. Sometimes we don't realize how much stress we are in until we can remove ourself from the situation. Stress= cortisone . Too much steroids and will eat anything sweet that is not nailed down even if I know it makes me really sick.

I am glad you are planning to see a counselor. I recently had a problem with handling stress and talk to me doc about it. He prescribed Lexapro. I finally can breathe and sleep more than 3-4 hours per night. Now the stress is still there , but I can handle it much better.

Hugs and good luck.

Ready2goNOW
on 8/1/17 6:32 pm

Hello Ladies!

I suffer from the night time munchies...a problem I attribute to reading & snacking in bed before I went to sleep. It was a relaxing ritual at the end of the day, and I have only been able to break it for short periods at a time. Keeping busy...or just reading does not help.

I have also been eating more than I should. I am becoming depressed over how long it has taking to recover from my illness in March. I have not been able to swim or garden which are two of my favorite good weather activities. I am so tired I rarely walk. I have gained weight. It is frustrating to have to sit around until I am fully recovered which may be until late September.

So I scheduled a therapist appointment and will embark on counseling. I know stress is a contributing factor, but self-sabotage also seems close behind.

I do not like to open the threads given I don't feel I have much to contribute. I did decide to look into extreme couponing and see what that is all about. I am gradually educating myself, and my shopping trips have been fun...lol. I'll see how far I can take it.

I also need to get back to lifting weights. I know my muscle mass is all but disappearing. I did a lot of that in the pool with handweights, but I can do it outside the pool if I can just get into a routine.

Thanks for listening.

Kathy

Kathy

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/2/17 5:29 am

Hi Kathy. Don't ever think you don't contribute. Being here and sharing even *****ing or crying, get angry....etc.

We all deal with that. If not today, then in the past, or future. Being over 50 means that most of us deal with that. Sharing reminds us we are not alone. That others deal with **** in their life all the time.

I had a minor accident in late November last year. I was rear-ended, and the car had small damage. But the impact messed up my SI joints. And I still have a problem with that. I was doing good, relatively, I was trying to get off the pain pills.... And I must done something in my sleep, because last week and this I am back in pain. Like a major pain discomfort. It ****** me off. Beside hurting. I want to cry and scream. And the doc who did my steroids injections in January - changed practice and they no longer take my insurance. So double . I need to find a new person who does that ...or pay cash. Great, no? I share that because I know you will understand. We all deal work stuff. You are not alone.

I feel for you. Plus...if I remember correctly, you deal with a teenager, and your DH has his own struggles. At least my partner is there taking care of stuff .... And being very supportive. No kids... Only 3 cats that are very loving.

Please share. If nothing else - you get virtual hugs ...

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/2/17 5:47 am

One more thing. Since I tend to eat late at evening also I decided to accept that. Many attempts to stop that failed. So.... I make sure that I eat late dinner - dense proteins and veggies around 7-8. Then if I need snacks I eat low carb nuts. Either raw or roasted work no sugar.

But to offset the calories I don't eat breakfast. My lunch is my first meal of the day. I never liked breakfast anyway, so now I just make sure that my eating window is no more than 10 hours in every 24 hour day. If my last snack - meal was at 9 pm - I wait at least 14 hours - or more- and eat or drink anything with calories (protein shake) not before 11 am. Often I may wait until 12 or 1 to start eating. I drink coffee, tea, water - all non calories drinks in the morning. Not only I get enough water that day - but that method helps me limit calories and still allow me to eat at night. I am at goal and below. That method is working well not only for my weight but also for my IBS.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 372 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1170 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1178 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1118 views