When are you too thin?

Chopper1
on 12/18/11 7:30 am
Hi everyone,

Happy holidays to all.

I have a question, when are you too thin?  I am 5'10 and weigh 151 lbs.  My family is telling me I am too thin and they want me to gain 10 lbs.  Two people this week told me I look great.  My weight is normal within the weight charts for my height and build.

It sure is confusing.

Geoff 

Laureen S.
on 12/18/11 11:17 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Geoff,

I think that is a question best answered by your surgeon/doctor's office.  Sometimes family/friends are so used to the way we used to be that they are concerned when we get within the parameters of what is "weight charts".  However, weight charts are also sometimes "too thin" for certain body types, age, etc., I remember my surgeon telling me that the charts weight was not a realistic weight for me; so the bottom line is ask a physician who you trust to guide you.

Best wishes, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

PATT317
on 12/23/11 11:29 am - Feasterville-Trevose, PA
Geoff,

I am 6'3" and got down to 168 lbs. I actually tried to put a few lbs on. I am about 175 now, if I don't snack at night I drop right back down into the 160's. I weighed 370 at my heaviest and about 340ish right before surgery. I have finally come to terms with "being skinny".
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1780 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1874 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2556 views