Monday Roll Call

Chopper1
on 1/22/12 7:42 pm
Good morning all, another rainy day coming.

Been a while since I posted.  Getting nervous here.  10 days away from surgery.  I am having my inner thighs, body lift and under my arms done on 2/2.  I can't believe how close the surgery date is getting.  I am so excited and yet so nervous.

Geoff 

IdaMae D.
on 1/22/12 7:45 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Good Morning PA;

Geoff - Good luck with your surgery.

Well it is Monday, although I did manage to get quite a bit of sleep over the weekend I'm still very tired. Virus is still hanging on. Not as bad as the middle of the week, still just as annoying.

Today I have work till 4 then class tonight. I have to complete my PP for tonight. When Gene decided yesterday that he really wanted to go to church I had to change all my plans for the day and the PP of course didn't get done.  It is not that often that Gene changes plans at the last minute so I don't mind when he does.  Good thing this is a 5-10 min presentation otherwise I'd probably be taking the day off to complete this.

Not sure how the roads are just yet. So not looking forward to this commute today with the ice still on the side streets here in Philly. Yesterday I was so thankful I was not driving all the side streets around our house were sheets of ice. Looks like I'll be taking 95 to work today so that will be a long commute for me.

After work I have class till 10pm then home to bed.

Hope you all have a wonderful day and stay dry...

Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 1/22/12 9:18 pm, edited 1/22/12 9:18 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Geoff and PA,
I am sure your surgery will go well, and you will be good as new in no time.

Right now, my son is in Orlando with his wife.  She is still on tour with Les Miserables, and he surprised her by flying down there.  He sent me a picture of him doing the back float in the pool, and he had the pool all to himself.  I am green with envy right now.

Today, I get a visit from the nurse again.  Also, a sweet friend from church is coming over to help me around the apartment.  Now sure what she wants to work on, but I welcome any help at this point.  My AA sponsor brought me food last night.  She made homemade sauce, and brought pasta and a cheese  pastry, which I will give to the friend from church.  She has a couple of kids and a hard working husband, so I am sure it will get eaten.  I had a couple of bites, but it is really rich.

I hope everyone has a blessed day.  

Ida, I am so proud of you for how hard you work on your school work, on top of your job, on top of being sick.  You are an inspiration.

Huggles,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 1/23/12 10:32 am - Philadelphia, PA
Trish;
Thank you for your kind words.  and lets not forget the house drama :-)  Every other day when I'm ready to quit I'm going to remember this.
Ida

IdaMae

steffihope
on 1/22/12 9:20 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Hey Geoff - great to see you posting!  I wish you the best of luck with your surgery next week.  It is VERY exciting - and of course, nerve wracking too! :)

I am at school on a dreary Monday morning.  Hoping for an easy day.  I am starting a new topic in math this week with my 8th graders - and this is one of my favorite things to teach.  Slope.  What I love about it is that it feels lile solving a puzzle to me.  And I love that the kids start this unit with a look of, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ON YOU MANIACAL WOMAN, and then in about 10 days to 2 weeks, that light bulb goes off and I GET THEM!  After this they are all mine.  The majority of them are mine anyway - but this just solidifies any questions about math that they may have.  They usually ALL understand it.  It just makes me happy!  (I know - I AM a lunatic!)  And I really need them NOW until Mid-March for the PSSA, the state standardized test - WHICH I HATE BTW!  Anyway - that is the excitement that I am feeling right now.  

After school I have my therapist appointment then home to check on the girlies and see what they want for dinner.  After I feed them I am meeting the dad of a former student, whose mom passed away earlier this year, for a grown-up dinner.  I am looking forward to seeing him and seeing how he is doing now that he got though the toughest part of the year without his wife.  Breaks my heart!   He is a great man and I am thrilled that through his son - whom I adore, a new friendship has emerged!

That is my day - Larry will be home tonight.  We are still working out the kinks of him being home in the morning and at bedtime.  The people in the know - people who have done this switching of shifts - say it can take about 6 weeks to get into some sort of routine with his body clock and moods.  We are in week 2, I will be counting!

Happy Monday all! :)
IdaMae D.
on 1/23/12 10:29 am - Philadelphia, PA
Slopes are my downfall.  For me that lightbulb that is supposed to go off in those 2 weeks remains that blank stare with me wondering how anyone can figure that stuff out. 

I'm very happy to hear that you get all your students to see this stuff!!!!!!  You are an amazing woman!!!!!

IdaMae

bvohl
on 1/22/12 10:13 pm
GM Geoff and PA!

Good luck on your upcoming surgery! I will pray that you will heal quickly with no complications!!

Well, this weekend was a TOTAL wash! Got nothing done! Now I am back at work feeling kind of blah. Woke up with a terrible headache(no, I am not talking about Steven, LOL!!). Yesterday was very stressful. Hubby has been sick for the past couple of days. He isn't eating or drinking and all he does is sleep. I finally convinced him to take him to the minute clinic at CVS. So, off we went. Well, I would have been better taking him to the ER. We waited for 4 and a half hours to be seen then when we finally got in there, the "nurse", (and I use the term VERY loosely), was kind of nasty and didn't seem to know what to do. She wanted a list of his meds, so I had him write it down since he can't talk. I gave her the list and she could not understand his writing. As I am going down the list of meds, she asks me, "What is this for?" Uh, hello?? You are the medical person, you should know this!! She did a quick strep test and said that it wasn't strep, but gave him antibiotics anyway. The pharmacy was so disorganized I had to give them my insurance information TWICE and had to wait an extra half hour to get the meds. I posted about this dibocle on FB. The one nice thing was that I ran into a friend from HS, so we chatted for a bit.

Today is wor****il 3:30, I soooo hope that we do not have a faculty meeting. Going home and maybe I will take a nap. Pick up the child, homework, dinner, bath and bed! I have been sleeping on the recliner for the past three nights since I have no idea how contagious hubby is. The recliner is comfortable but not as comfy as my bed! I miss my bed!!!

Have a great day!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1780 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1872 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2556 views