Just How Painful is a Tummy Tuck?

Britt U.
on 12/22/13 12:34 pm - Mill Creek, WA

I had a full LBL and breast lift/aug. The surgeon flooded the wound with lidocaine before closing up and I had the pain pump. I didn't think the pain was bad at all. One time I tried to lie down and thought I was ripping the sutures open. Other than that if I kept the meds going and was careful it wasn't bad at all. I'd had a hernia repair the year before that was crazy painful for weeks. It was hard to get up and down to pee so I used one of those stand up pee things which really helped. Mostly I just thought the drains and tubing were really annoying.

I had thigh lipo a year later and that was a lot more painful. Plus it did something to the distribution of different kinds of fat and it completely messed up my metabolism. Up until that point I had no problem maintaining but started gaining weight. When I read up on it afterward I learned it happened to a lot of people. Lipo puts the percentages of brown and white fat out of whack and your body does whatever it can to set it back. Wish I'd never done lipo. 

Debkauble
on 6/17/15 5:28 pm - Kokomo, IN

I am one week out from an extended abdominoplasty, upper thigh lift and mons reduction.  They also restitched my ab muscles back together.  I don't wanna scare anyone but the pain with this has been almost unbearable.  I have had 2 c sections, a total hysterectomy, old fashioned gallbladder removal and hernia repair and I do believe if added all that pain together it still wouldn't match this.   Im swelled up like a blow fish and now I need to back off the pain meds cause my first two BMs were, lets just saw , traumatic.  I am praying that a couple of months from now I will think it was all worth it.  Right now all I do is lay here, crying, and asking myself what the hell was I thinking...  

Debkauble
on 6/17/15 5:33 pm - Kokomo, IN

My stupid weight tracker wont update.  I weighed 165 at plastic surgery date and they took 10 pounds of fat and skin off

Honeybunny32
on 6/25/10 4:09 am
I just had a tummy tuck 2 weeks ago Yes, the day of surgery & the day after are very painful However, it is so worth it!! If you want to remove All your fat from your stomach a tummy tuck is the way to go. I had tummy tuck along with lipo to several areas.. I'm so happy and I havent even reached the full 4-6 week mark. The scar is big but it willl fade out right along you bikini line. Its so amazing. The toughest part is the drains but they are removed once the fluid is done draining. I never had the pump. I did 2-3 percocets every 3-4 hours. After 2 weeks you will not need any pain medicine. I weighed 188 and now I'm down to 163. I hate scars but I know what it will look like in 6 months to a year. I have no belly fat. My stomach looks like a super model. I debated about the tummy tuck because of the scar. Pain is only temporary. The results are a lifetime. Done with some lipo It's amazing. I feel so motivated now. It makes you look younger. Don't make a decision not to have something done based on pain. Also don't look at yourself when you get home. You will get discouraged allow 2 weeks for some healing. Good Luck
Most Active