what do I hve to do to get ins to cover panni removal?

tysdad
on 3/10/09 3:40 pm - Montgomery County, MD

Hi!! I'm Jenn and am new to this board. I have had hernias in the past and had them fixed at my last c-section(well I thought they were fixed). I have been in pain and am sure one is not fixed. I went to see my surgon last week and he ordered a cat scan with contrast. He wants to take off the extra skin at the same time as the hernia repair. I have BCBC Perfered, Maryland region. What's my next step?  Thanks in advance for any wisdom/advice.

Jenn

Committed to my banded life.
DEBI R.
on 3/10/09 5:42 pm - CORSICANA, TX
Hi Jenn and welcome to the boards. The first thing I would do is call your insurance and ask them if they cover panniculectomies? Also have the surgeon send in the information to your insurance for the panni along with the info for your hernia repair. I just got approved for my panniculectomy and a brachioplasty but I have a different insurance company and I've lost 225 lbs.  Good luck with everything. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Beth C.
on 3/10/09 9:42 pm - Woodstock, MD
Jen, Welcome to the group! I also live in MD in Howard County. I had lap-band surgery also. I am in the process of seeing if my insurance will cover my surgery however I have United Health Care. You really do need to call them with the ICD codes and see what they say. I had to write a letter for pre-determination to see if my insurance would approve my surgery. If you would like a copy of my letter e-mail me and I will send you a copy. Good luck! Beth

[email protected]
Beth Clark

Redhaired
on 3/11/09 12:05 am - Mouseville, FL
Good luck.  I would let the surgeon do his magic and then take it from there if you are denied.

Red

GypsyWoman
on 3/11/09 1:10 pm - NorthWestern, MT
Hi Jenn, welcome aboard.....this is a great group, always willing to help, so you've come to the right place :-).  I have BCBS and was approved the first time my plastic surgeon submitted the request.  After doing much research, every woman I connected with said to pay the difference and get a complete tummy tuck instead of just panni.  I was able to come up with the funding and got a tt 5 weeks ago... It is one of the best things I have ever done for myself!!!  My tummy is flatter than it has ever been and each time I look in the mirror, I am so happy I was able to have the surgery.  You doctor just needs to submit paperwork for approval and go from there.  Good luck!!!!

Godspeed...                   GypsyKare - 131 lbs 
259/128/125      Beg/Current/Goal     BMI:  51/24.5/24

PIXIE        PIXIE         PIXIE

Most Active