Scar Therapy

zioness
on 3/11/09 12:28 am - lake in the hills, IL
 Has anyone heard of or used Advosil or Advogel? I see people talking about silicone strips and this says no silicone. Is silicone not that great or something? I am trying to work on reducing the appearance of scars and would appreciate any insite into this. Thanks

Surgery Date: March 13, 2007
BigCityGirl
on 3/11/09 1:30 am - San Diego, CA
I haven't used that stuff but used the silicon and other things.  IMO that stuff is a waste of money.  Time is the big healer. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
ilyssajane
on 3/11/09 1:58 am - Forest Hills, NY

I haven't heard of your products, but my doctor recommends anything with silicone in it.  She says silicone helps speed the healing process.  I am using Scarfade www.hansonmedical.com/scarfade/  I think it's too soon to tell how mine is healing (it's only been 8 weeks since surgery), but I figured I would buy a tube and see what happens.  The truth is, time is what really makes scars heal.  It's been two years since my TT and my scars are white and barely noticeable!  Good luck!!!

Ilyssa
RNY 6/22/05 = 268 * TT 2/22/07 = 164 * Arm Lift 1/16/09 = 170
Happy in life and that is all that matters!!!!

islander
on 3/11/09 5:52 am - Middletown, RI
My surgeon recommended any good quality drug store cream.  I bought some (liquid) vitamin E & mix it in my hand & then apply.  Feels heavenly.  My surgeon also said he thought it was the actual massaging in that helps the healing process rather than the cream. 

Most Active