Need help with instructions that aren't clear!

marylin99
on 3/13/09 1:00 pm - MO
Sorry I am so confused, I was so excited that I got my bandages removed and drains removed I didn't get the instructions right and didn't know it till to late to call.

I was told NOT to get out of bed with my binder off,..if I needed it cleaned up someone would have to wa**** and dry it and put it back on before I got up!!  I asked that first because I wanted to buy another binder and was told it came from the hospital not him.
So then he tells me I can take a shower tomorrow,........now how does that work so I am totally confused and am I suppose to shower with the binder on????
A quick reply would be great I need bed and need to know for tomorrow so I can shower.
Thanks in advance
Marylin

BigCityGirl
on 3/13/09 1:26 pm - San Diego, CA
Take the binder off in the shower.  I left my binder off for one hour a day while I showered and ate breakfast. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
marylin99
on 3/13/09 4:25 pm - MO
I was pretty sure that's what I needed to do but he had me confused with the not getting up without it thingy,..
Thanks.
I was glad to get rid of the drains,.......and of course the drugs I stopped 2 days ago and have been just taking the Tylenol and geeze who would of ever thought the pain  meds would mess with you so much, besides the bowel issues then the emotional issues.  I am an emotional wreck.  Hope to even out soon.  The numbness is another issue I have,.........it feels funny not hurt more like a tooth numbing stuff like it's waking up and it's not waking up does that make sense,.......I ask he thought some would come back but some won't??  I don't guess I care with what I had but it feels really funny.  My drains ran a very little but nothing since and what do you use over the tape,..feminine pads??  Or can we buy those pads somewhere?  I have so many questions because now he has giving it to me to take care of and he did it all before. He came every day in the hospital and changed my stuff never let the nurses do it or nothing,......because I live alone and no one to take care of me he kept me 3 days then I ran a fever so he kept me 5 days total.  Then he cleaned me the day I went home and had me come back a week later so a whole week I didn't have my bandages changed or cleaned, but it was a clean as a pin no bleeding anywhere no red places nothing,..it looks really good. Thanks again and I am off to bed again.
Marylin

Redhaired
on 3/14/09 7:35 am - Mouseville, FL
Are you asking about using sanitary napkins over the steri-strips?  I only used sanitary napkins when I leaking.  Otherwise I just used the 4X4's.

Red

marylin99
on 3/15/09 12:49 am - MO
I am not leaking, but he used these 2 x 4 gaze pads over the steri strips,.....I need the padding around the hip area to keep them from hurting so much.  I am trying not to take any pain meds of any kind, I have been so confused after these percets. I use some self sticking littler pads over the drains holes, one leaked a little after but stopped and I really can't tell where they are unless I really dig, other never did anything.  One hurt or burned the other didn't.  I seen my tummy not laying down for the first time yesterday and I'm scared I am loopy sided where the hernia has been so long I think it is still loopy.  I'm sure I am just panicking...the hernia made my belly button un saveable.  I haven't thought about that much.  So thanks I got my shower thing done and everything went fine.  Thanks for your reply.
Marylin

Redhaired
on 3/15/09 1:16 am - Mouseville, FL
Try not to worry about being lopsided.  At this point it could just be swelling.  I am sorry you lost your BB.  But now you can tell people you are an alien or that you hatched out of a pod (invasion of the body snatchers).

Red

Most Active