Pain 6 weeks post tummy tuck

cindyaj
on 3/15/09 9:40 am
Hi Everyone,
I am 6 weeks post tummy tuck, and I have been having this pain since Friday night.  It is kind of two distinct pains.  One is about two inches up from my belly button, and two inches to the right.  It hurts inside, and the skin even hurts when I rub my hand across it.  Do you think this is just nerves healing, or did I hurt a muscle somehow, or something else?  I also have a pain just below my ribs on the right side, this one hurts A LOT at times, and at times not at all.  I was afraid it was my gall bladder, but it seems to improve if I change positions, so I thought maybe it was muscular.  Has anyone had these pains?  Thanks!
Cindy 
TweedyBird
on 3/15/09 10:04 am - Somewhere, AR
I felt all kinds of little pains, some were just annoying, some were dull, some were sharp. However, none of them were continuous, they seem to come in spurts.  I would just contact my surgeon and run it pass them, just to be on the safe side.

Now I am a wimp, do not believe in unnecessary pain and I BELIEVE in pain management.  So do what you need to do!

Tweedy
Nicole0216
on 3/15/09 11:07 am - Lancaster, PA
i have all kinds of pulling and stabbing weird pains
i always call the surgeon so far it has been nothing to worry about it
cindyaj
on 3/15/09 11:37 am
Thanks!  I'm sure it's nothing.  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so I'll ask then.  I'll let you know what he says!  
Danielle H.
on 3/16/09 1:32 am - Atlanta, GA
A lot of times its the nerves awakening after surgery, I had it for months and months after my breast lift....and am experiencing it now with the LBL.  I agree check it out with your dr, but usually its just part of the process.

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

Most Active