30 day countdown!

happy girl
on 3/18/09 12:51 pm
I can't believe it, only 30 days to go.  I am at peace with the decisions I have made for my surgery, but I am getting a little anxious, but still mostly excited.

Any suggestions of things I should take care of between now and then?

thanks!

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

DEBI R.
on 3/18/09 3:31 pm - CORSICANA, TX

Congratulations on your surgery date, I only have 20 days (4/8)  until mine and I can't wait either. I'm having a circumferential TT with anchor cut and brachioplasty, what are you having done?

As for suggestions, I stocked up on vitamins and protein. I also plan on buying a commode riser since I'm having my tummy and arms both done.  I've increased my exercise and protein hoping it will help me recover better afterwards. I have a lift chair that I plan on sleeping in and have bought extra pillows to prop my arms upon. Good luck with your surgery. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

happy girl
on 3/19/09 12:16 am, edited 3/19/09 12:17 am

Hey Debi, I am having a medial thigh lift (just groin incisions) and a TT with a Fleur de lis incision, so the anchor cut.  My PS also does the muscle tightening.

I am stocking up on protein and vits...got the procare protein Kelli (totalfreedom) recommended, thanks Kelli  and W8'n no more used it too with good results...  have my freshette ready, also have the commode riser and a wedge pillow on my list of things to get.  And I need a compression garment for my legs.

And I get to meet one of my PS surgeon's post-ops next week, yay !

I have to get my house more organized, but I am ready!! (I think)

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

DEBI R.
on 3/19/09 7:44 am - CORSICANA, TX

I wish I was having my thighs done they are awful and I will need the whole leg done down to the knee.

I just got back from my surgeons office writing him that huge check for my surgery liked to have killed me but I know it will be worth it in the end. I also had to go pay the hospital and I have to send the anethesiologist his money too, I'll never be able to afford anymore plastics after spending all this money.

What is a freshette?  My surgeon said the hospital furnishes our compression garments so I don't have to worry about that.

One of my friends had a TT in March, we have the same surgeon so hopefully he'll do a great job on me like he did on her.

Good luck with your surgery. Keep me posted. Debi

minuature pinscher 

JoniKspring07
on 3/18/09 11:19 pm - onaway, MI
Hey Debi,

I am going to have surgery on 4/8 also!  I guess we are kinda surgery buddies!
I am having a TT and BL.  I already had my arms done on 2/12.

Best of luck to you,

Joni

DEBI R.
on 3/19/09 7:53 am - CORSICANA, TX
Hi Joni,

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery, I can't wait I'm counting the days. I just left my surgeons office, had to write him that huge check today and then went over to the hospital to find out what I owe them which is almost as much as I paid the surgeon. I still have to mail the anethesiologist his money this week then I should be through paying everyone for now anyways.

I wish I was having a breast lift, after spending $10,000 this week for my LBL and arms I doubt if I'll ever be able to afford my breasts and thighs. My insurance is paying for a panniculectomy and arms but I still have to pay 20% plus the total cost of the circumferential TT with anchor cut. I also had to pay the hospital $2500 and the anethesiologist another $1000 for now.

Good luck with your surgery, I'll be thinking about you on that date. My surgery is scheduled for twelve noon that day, do you know when yours is yet?  Debi

minuature pinscher 

JoniKspring07
on 3/19/09 9:56 am - onaway, MI
Hello Debi,

Right now I am scheduled to arrive at 7:30 am.  I will know for sure next Friday when I go my pre-op appointment.
The only reason I can afford this surgery is because I was lucky enough to have my insurance approve both the TT & BL. It was a big suprise and truly a blessing. I paid for my arms myself.

Good Luck and we will have to compare notes when we get home.

Take Care,

Joni

DEBI R.
on 3/20/09 2:38 am, edited 3/20/09 2:39 am - CORSICANA, TX
Hi, Joni,

I wish my insurance would pay for a TT but they only pay for panniculectomies. I was very lucky that they are paying for my arms. It would be nice to have a BL and get insurance to pay but I seriously doubt they ever will.

I might try someday if my husband doesn't lose his job before then, he's worried they may have layoffs soon although he's been there 5 years. My thighs are awful too, the skin just hangs from them. I also have alot of upper back skin that I would love to have removed. Maybe if I win the lottery someday. LOL

I have to be at the hospital by 10:15, my PCP here in my town is doing my labs and faxing them to the surgeon. I drink alot of water so I'm worried about going that long without drinking it will be extremely hard for me so I wish my surgery was first thing in the morning instead of noon.

I'm a little worried about the ride home, we live 60 miles from the hospital. My surgeons office is in the same hospital but a different wing of the hopital because it is a huge hospital. They have a hotel, several restuarants and even a florist inside. It's easy to get lost in there.

Keep me posted. Debi

minuature pinscher 

Danielle H.
on 3/19/09 12:23 am - Atlanta, GA
YEAH!!! Its getting close for you...I know its a little bit still but it will fly by.

Clean the house, stock the fridge with protein drinks, laundry, pillows (car and home), recliner if you're doing one, toliet riser if necessary, white tshirts for under binder...

Those kinda things..

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

Melissa M.
on 3/19/09 5:34 am - Seabrook, TX
I have a list on one of my posts that has everything I purchased to be ready.   I was thinking about getting the Procare mentioned on here.  It's really expensive, but if it helps with healing then it's probably worth it.
Most Active