Should I worry about this?

whisperingliz
on 3/19/09 11:05 am - paramount, CA
Well, i had my pre-op I go in and i see the doctor, and tells me and shows me what i'm getting done. I ask him about the mons lift (that i had paid 3000 extra for) and he continues to tell me that he focuses more on the tummy than in that area, I told him that they had it down as a different proceedure and pulled out my papers (the bill) and showed him that i was getting billed seperate for that.  He then told me that he wasnt aware, but that he would do it.  Then when it came to the arms, he told me I was going to get from pit to elbow. I then had to remind him that he said he was going to cut me from the side chest to pit to elbow, he then said, "oh i said that? okay, than that's what we'll do"

I didnt see him write anything tdown on my file in the room, but I did see him writing stuff down on my file when he was in the office.

I have been thinking this over and over, should i worry that he's going to forget to do what we had talked about??? I'm constantly thinking that i'm gonna come out of the OR and  when i wake up, i'm not gonna have what i thought I would have done.

Has this happened to you? Did your surgeon forget to do something you had talked about and when you wake up, it wasnt done?

Just 5 more days!
cleos_mom
on 3/19/09 11:20 am - phila., PA
on the day of your surgery while you are in the pre-anesthesia room, your Dr. should come in to see you and then just go over it with him again
Good Luck
whisperingliz
on 3/19/09 11:42 am - paramount, CA
is that when he starts to mark you?
Redhaired
on 3/19/09 10:45 pm - Mouseville, FL
Be very specific when he is marking you.  He will be talking a mile a minute and in my case there are always a lot of people in the room that sort of act like they are waiting for him to get finished -- but make sure you do not let anyone rush you through and forget something.

Red

BigCityGirl
on 3/19/09 11:42 am - San Diego, CA
On the morning of your surgery, your surgeon will mark you up with his Sharpie.  He will "line" all your incisions and lipo areas.  At that time you will actually see where all the cuts will be.  That's the perfect time to insure that you get the auxilla repair as agreed to and any other procedures.   I've three rounds of plastics with my surgeon and he didn't forget anything - he has unbelievable memory.  In fact, he always exceeded my expectations.  Good luck with everything.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
whisperingliz
on 3/19/09 11:43 am - paramount, CA
Awesome, thats what i'll do! thanks!
Wendy_Canada
on 3/19/09 12:16 pm - Canada
I am having my first round of plastics done June 29th.  I went and saw him with my first consult and then when i decided yes i was going with him i went back to see him to go over things to be done.  The first visit he had a diagram on my chart and drew on the figure what surgery he was doing marking and showing and explaining to me.  Second visit he went over it again making sure i knew what was to be done.  I felt secure with the fact he understood what i wanted.  Like i said i haven't had my surgery yet but i thought it sounded hopeful.

Wendy

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/09 12:33 am - St. Paul, MN

oh geez... hell yea worry about it... don't freak about it but keep it in your mind! day of surgery remind him again & watch closely when he marks you up... be picky... those marks = cuts! i guess not all surgeon's mark prior to going in or let you review with them but mine did & you could sure ask to be a part of that! i would certainly reitterate all of your expectations the day of surgery & if possible, make sure the markings include the things you're worried he is uncertain of. it wouldn't hurt to even ask "so can you review with me what all you're doing today" and remind him if he leaves things out? i'd be a little thrown off by this too... but have to admit that my doc seemed to forget that he was doing my upper tummy tuck too when i made a comment about it he was like "oh yea" but i'm sure he had it written somewhere and/or was part of the surgical plan that i just never saw...

best of luck to you! squeaky wheel gets the grease!!

Most Active