This was harder than I thought it was going to be...

Peach
on 3/20/09 7:13 pm - savannah, GA
I hate my compression garments too. But by golly I am wearing them 24 hours a day and only take them off to shower. I did not go through all this hell to screw up me getting the best results possible by not wearing the binders. So your tough love for today is SUCK IT UP SISTER AND WEAR YOUR BINDER....Try to keep the big picture in mind, this period of time is just a little blip in your life and it will pass.
I can't go anywhere either but I am glad that I am home and not in a hosptial. I had all my platics done on 3/3/09.  I still have a drain in and it is fine with me. I would rather the icky stuff come out than stay in and cause me problems.
Taking a shower is not the easiest thing in the world to do alone but you are able to and that in itself is a good thing.
Try to look at the positive side of things. You have had no complications, you were blessed to be able to do this when so many WLS patients are not able to finsih with plastics.
And even though it is not a fun thing to have to go through ...and just for the record, It is 5:15 am on Saturday morning and I have been wide awake since 3:30 am.  My sleeping is all screwed up right now. You are not alone!!!

Jamie K.  SW  /  CW / GW
360 / 157 /  150  
Plastics 3/3/09 In Monterey MX.

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/09 7:04 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Sorry to hear you are having a rough time.  I'm sure you'll feel better real soon and will look back and say this was all worth it.

Have you tried reading or doing a crossword puzzle...that often helps me nodd off and catch a few zzz's. 

Sorry I can't offer real help on the post-surgery stuff as I'm just starting mine in a few days.  I can say that after my breast reduction/lift I found that by taking the pain killers every 4 hours it did help me with sleeping.  I hated the drains too and was lucky that they came out around day 4.

I recently read that Bromelain can help with swelling, my PS actually recommends it so I'm going to try it after my upcoming procedure.  Here's the product he wants me to take. http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do?id=15741&procid=44

Hang in there!!
Most Active