Had my LBL and thigh lift on Thursday!

Angensam
on 3/21/09 7:02 am - Atlanta, GA
I am home after having a lbl and medial thihg lift on Thursday. I can't seem to fine any position that is comfortable other than laying flat in bed with knnes elevated. My butt really hurts in the lawn chairposition. I'm also pretty groggy but all in all it isn't bad. Is there any really bad reason not to lay flat? I'm able to get up slowly using my stomach muscles.

I'm so swollen it's hilarious. My fingers look like sausages and my butt is as hard as a rock. When does that start to get better?

All in all, it's not so bad. How can you tell if the wound opens up? I havn't really looked down there.

I also fall asleep with no warning. I spilled water all over myself twice!

Thanks for all the advise these past few months. The OR staff thought I was a doctor because I knew the lingo.

I feel myself droppin off to sleep again. Oh well.

One more thing- They removed 11 lbs of skin and fat. Wow!

Regina

Almost to goal!
Regina

totalfreedom
on 3/21/09 10:47 am - Northern CA
Wow, home already.  I was went home (to the hotel) on day 4.  Congratulations....

yes, no comfortable position for quite awhile and you may have lots of swelling especially the first week.  I still have swelling issues and I am almost 12 weeks. 

You will need to view your incisions to watch out for opens.  You want to take care of them as soon as possible. 

Well good luck in your recovery.  Take care.

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

Melissa M.
on 3/21/09 12:52 pm - Seabrook, TX
That's good to hear.  I'm hoping the pain is better than I expect.  Good luck in your recovery!
Bonnie M
on 3/22/09 2:51 am - Sioux Falls, SD
I really didn't have much pain.  I stayed in the hosp 2 days, then 2 weeks in hotel with daily ps/lymphatic massage nurse visits.  I walked down the street to a computer cafe the day I got out of the hosp.  Then twice a day after that. 
I sat in a chair or in bed with pillows under my legs and sholders.  This gave just a little relief to the incisions.
Most Active