Houston..we have boobies! 3 days out from BA~ over 3 yrs after RNY

Heather H.
on 3/21/09 5:33 pm - Northern, CA

This is a LONG one.. :)
Monday the 16th, my hubby and I drove the 2 and half hours from our home to South Lake Tahoe, California/Nevada, we stayed in a local hotel Monday night. My surgery was scheduled for tuesday morning. The Doc assistant called us Monday afternoon and asked if we would kindly move my surgery to wednesday morning and they would pay for our extra night and we could enjoy a little of the beautiful ski resort while we were there. We agreed! Did my preop..my iron was a tad low. So.. an extra day of high doses of iron, my other vitals were perfect, my color was good.. my surgery was good to go.

Wednesday morning at around 10:00 a sedative, an IV, some "oxygen" (twilight) ( I could feel the beginning of the procedure but no pain) and about an hour later I woke up to the most beautiful perfectly constructed 900cc, Mentor, Mod Profile, Saline, over the muscle breasts. Almost as good as the ones God gave me 25 years ago before my weight fluctuations and three hungry breastfed boys deflated!! lol. He put them in through the crease under my breasts and the incision is closed today and looks thin and in a few months you will not be able to see it at all. I have about an inch of bruising on either side of my breasts. Other than that, no bruising. I have had NO pain. I have had a little soreness from the incision rubbing against the surgical bra, a little tenderness to the touch and pressure but no pain at all. I took the pain meds only the first day. One when I left his office, One 4 hrs later, and one about 9 at night and have only taken Tylenol since. I am amazed.

My PS came to my hotel to check on me IN BED the evening after my surgery, left his private cell phone to call and promised to answer it personally at 3 am if need be AND stopped in again at 9 am the next morning, showed me how to properly massage them and released me to go home. Honey and I had starbucks and even browsed some cute little shops in the beautiful South Lake Tahoe for a little bit.  Shortly before arriving home we stopped at Hooters for lunch in Sacramento where Hubby bought me my very own Hooters shirt which I will post in my albums soon. :) I had my first follow up appointment today in Sacramento and three more that are included in the price of my BA over the next 12 months. All in all, I am THRILLED to have this stage of the journey crossed off my list, my abdominoplasty/body lift will be this fall and of COURSE I am using the same Dr. and staff. It's been a fantastic week and couldn't wait to share with my OH family.

Price of BA: 3900
Insurance paid for pain meds, sleeping pills, iron supplements
Travel expenses: (gas, food etc) 125.00
Price of Hotel in South Lake Tahoe 120.00 (3 nights): Total cost of BA with experienced Doctor that has done more than 30,000 surgeries without a single complication requiring hospitalization or serious attention since 1976!~ PRICELESS!!

** I tried on half my closet and now my cute clothes look ten times better with an actual chest to go in them, AND they still fit AND that includes my button up dress shirts, dresses, etc** Does NOT mean I cannot wait to go shopping, have to find a super cute bathing suit for summer :) xoxo

Before 09/2005 BMI:57.5
After   09/2007  BMI.28.9
Now    09/2012 BMI 46.4

*My profile is public*

Lisa A.
on 3/21/09 7:34 pm
So excited for you and yes the fun begins with clothes fitting better, My BA ia scheduled April 30 and I am so excited, I cannot believe is is around the corner, I wil be so glad not having my bra ride up to my neck and looking like I have 2 sets of boobs , I guess I better take my multivitamin,
Can't wait to see your pics to show off the new girls, I bet u look like one hot momma now
Congradulation on the new girls
Lisa

Heather H.
on 3/22/09 7:22 am - Northern, CA
I am excited for you too :) It's euphoric! Kinda of like when you first get the news that you get a second chance at a healthy life! Thanks so much on the congrats! good luck

Now    09/2012 BMI 46.4

*My profile is public*

Susan S.
on 3/21/09 11:15 pm - Roselle, NJ
 Congrats on it all going well and to fit in shopping post is a good sign!  Love the hooters t-shirt........can't wait to see you in it.    Hope you're recovering well.......Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

Heather H.
on 3/22/09 7:23 am - Northern, CA
Yep! Thank you for your well wishes and it was a fun time :) Not what I expected but thankful none the less!!

Now    09/2012 BMI 46.4

*My profile is public*

Stacie P.
on 3/22/09 7:36 am - NV
 If you don't mind me asking who was your Doctor I'm an hour from lake tahoe and I'm just starting to look for PS doctors.

Thanks,
Stacie

280/266 /150/150 
highest /wls day/current/gaol

Heather H.
on 3/22/09 9:47 am - Northern, CA

Stacie, Hi there, I don't mind at all. Doctor Lawrence Foster in South Lake Tahoe. His website is best breast in the west dot com and call and talk to Shelia. He does consults in Tahoe and Sacramento so it would be closer for you to do your consult in Tahoe maybe. :) Lucky YOU!! Living so close to that beautiful place on earth. The staff there is out of this world and I will be shouting their praises from the mountain tops. Good luck, and any questions feel free to ask me or them. Have a good one !

Heather

Now    09/2012 BMI 46.4

*My profile is public*

Most Active