90 year old body on a 37 year old Women

bkdotson4
on 3/21/09 3:34 pm, edited 3/21/09 3:41 pm - Canton, OH
Okay I just need a little pick me up here.  I thought being in a swim suit was going to be great since I have lost weight, but now I have a whole new issue and it is driving me crazy.  I cry evrery day and every night when I look in the mirror.  I am thankful to be healthy, but still feel soooooo ugly.  My Behind looks like it is 90 years old on a 37 year old women, my boobs are sagging and the skin on my stomach is crazy, lets not forget the horrid strech marks that go down the inside of my thighs to my knees and my outher thoughs.  I know I am prob. not as bad as some, but I can't help but feel just as ugly and horrible as I did when I was fat.  My credit sucks so Plastic surg right now is just not in the cards and I can't deal with this.  I am moody and snappy and just can't have much fun.  How do I get through this??  I just need some pick me up's and help on how to just deal with it for now and if anyone happens to know what I can do about money with not so good credit please let me know.  Anyplace that will do a payment plan or anything.  I really need to do something.  Thanks for all your help and support. Sorry about any spelling I really stink at it and there is no spell check on here.  WHY???? 
Lisa A.
on 3/21/09 7:06 pm
I do underatand what u r going threw and yes we did not go threw wls to look like a melted wax candle, I really worked hard and pushed the TT for insurence to pay for it and my doc did a deal where I payed 2k for abdominal plasty and insurence payed for the pannislectomy.
Now I decided I did not need a house keeper  at the rate of 130 a week and that alone is how i paying for 5 k for  breast implants, House keeper ot boobies? No brainer, So for 7 k I got the tummy tuck and boobs. I will wait tell next year to have the thighlift and I am starting to save now as I am sure that is gonna cost me a pretty penny, I hope u are getting on a big time exercise regiman as I know that had really helped me tone up as much as i can humanly possible.I really worked on my pecs to avoid a lift and it worked. I am gonna start concentrating on my legs next to see what can be done with them, I know saving is hard for many people to learn how to do but I have leanred to cut my expenses down like watching the light bill and making sure i really cut down there and then I am growing alot of my own food this year, I also cut my cable internet bill down by 90 a month. I also cut the food down by 50 bucks a week by buying what was on special and that is what we are having, I do not eat out much, I even have sold things around the house. I know it may seem helpless right now but go threw and figure where u can cut corners, I got rid of newspaper I got rid of the garderner, I also drive less,I cut down the water time on lawn , Had my property taxes lowered I even stopped getting my nails done. Save save and soon u can afford the plastics. Just go threw and start trimming back and all money u save but it away in bank account and soon u will have money for boobs at least, TT if u can get it for medical reasons. I did have a umbilical hernia. I figured I trimmed a 1000 off a month on expenses, I am now saving for my thighplasty, I am a mother of 7 kids and trust me I have to watch my money tightly as the kids can suck me dry, Will take some work  planning and sacrafice in your part but it is not hopeless just got to get creative is all. I find being organized has helped me save money, Chin up, Time to get the piggy bank out and start cutting back and save that money,
Good luck hope this helps some
Lisa

JulieIND
on 3/22/09 6:11 am - Indianapolis, IN
I hear ya!  And I always tell people this.  They think WLS is the end of the road.  They think (just like I did) that once you lose the weight, all life's problems will be solved in an instant!  I envisioned myself wearing miniskirts and bikinis on the beach after I lost my weight, only to still have to wear capris or longer skirts and forget the beach.  One look at my thighs, and you know I've had WLS.  How depressing.

I just had a TT and BA/BL and I'm sitting here suffering through all this swelling and pain.  It totally sucks.  I don't know what I've done to myself.  I hope this recovery starts getting a little easier, because I'm at the end of my rope with this swelling.  I feel like a balloon that's going to pop at any minute.

I hope you can get your funding together for some PS to help with your body image.   It sounds like you'll probably have to look at your budget and see where you can start cutting corners and save up some money.

Have you even tried to get approved for surgery loans?  I got approved through Capital One health care finance but also got approved through Care Credit.  I think Care Credit is easier to get approved with but has a higher insterest rate.

Good luck with whatever comes your way!

Most Active