TT Revision what is it?

kylev53
on 3/23/09 6:19 am - chico, CA
I had a TT in December, and I still have swelling above the insicion.  Maybe I need a revision???
Dr. says to give it at least six months, but it hasn't changed in the last two months.  Advice?

Susan S.
on 3/24/09 1:31 am - Roselle, NJ
 Yes - give it six months.    If a doctor was willing to do a revision before that he wouldn't be practicing good medicine.    My body continues to change every week.  It's been seven  months since my LBL and I've had two more rounds of plastics - you learn to be patient eventually! : )    Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

RHONDA FROM KY
on 3/24/09 6:27 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY

Since you are experienced..

was wondering.. I had tummy tuck 01/5/09 and just the past few weeks I have noticed a hard round nodules under the skin along the incision line.  The largest is in the middle below the belly button.. and then a couple on either side. 

Is this normal and will they go away.. ?? Not sure if scar tissue built up.. or just something that will eventually go away. 

Thanks for you response

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Susan S.
on 3/24/09 6:34 am - Roselle, NJ
 Hi Rhonda - it could be several things including migrating sutures - they use several layers of sutures one of which is cat-gut which are supposed to dissolve - but in my case - some segments dissolved and then the broken pieces would migrate out of the skin - sometimes quite far from the suture line...it was very strange....but I got used to it.  It could also be the fibrosis process of scar tissue forming.    The suture line changes quite a bit over the months/year postop - so jus****ch for areas of redness or exudate and bring anything that does concern you to your surgeon's attention.  Since I've had so much surgery - I see my surgeon pretty frequently - so he was able to look at my first surgery when I was getting ready for my second etc.......   It sounds like a normal process.........Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

kylev53
on 3/24/09 5:44 am - chico, CA
Thanks for the info.  I think I am too impatient.  But I was planning on looking hot in a bathing suit this year.  Maybe I should aim for next year.  No matter what, I am 99.999% better than last year.

Most Active